Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exclusives Megathread (The Eternal Struggle Of Giving A Damn And Not Giving A Damn About Event Items)

Mateus_ex_Machina

edit my post i hope now you can undertand me.

Ok, but, i still don't see your point. You know Brakk is useful against ALL factions right? Its damage values are as follows: Impact: 67.5, Puncture: 37.5 Slash: 45 and if you give it all hell of a lot of damage mods it's the best weapon in the game BY FAR. I'm not even going to go into the fat that has a V and -- polarity. (Oops i just did, sorry!)

Uhm...yes. Yes there have been.

- Brakk

- Wrath Twin Vipers

- Machete Wraith

- Strun Wraith

- Snipetron Vandal

- Braton Vandal (Open beta Celebration Weekend)

You were saying?

None of those were stated to b exclusive. They said they might come up in later events. The only things they have ever CLEARLY stated would be exclusive were the founders pack items. Get your facts straight.

Edit. They said that the vandal weapons would be, but that is subject to change, because they have also said that the prova vandal went into the "vault" to come out in a later event.

Edited by Tulzscha
removed profanity :)

I would happily grind it... I like my Event only stuff, I also respect the fact that it was exclusive to the event and how people who did those events want it kept that way (This doesn't apply to all)

But on another side, I hadn't even heard of Warframe at the time so I missed out, as a completionist and I have mild OCD with these things... It annoys me when I have say every Warframe except Excal Prime... simply because it looks messy having every other Frame EXCEPT Excal Prime

Same for weapons, not being able to get certain weapons annoys me as a Completionist with mild OCD but I still respect the opions of those who did the events while they were held

In response to Sixty5, I don't care about gear "looking cool."  I care about functionality.  The only reason I raised this topic was because I originally felt that it was inequitable to give gear exclusively to founders that is functionally different.  Frankly, I'm playing free for the time being, and I don't care much about looks, so I don't intend to buy cosmetics, except by selling farmed items for platinum.  I get that the veteran players and founders should get cool stuff, and if it was even slightly overpowered, we'd have a problem.  Given that the items are, as established, weak reskins, there is little problem.

In response to XxKen34xX, I agree.  I've conceded that the Prime founder weapons aren't OP, or even very powerful at all, but I would like it if my suggestions for equilizing stats so that everyone had access to the same sets of weapon stats could still be considered as a solution to the bickering.

Part of my problem with these founder exclusive stat sets is that different weapons have different "feels" to them, and someone might find they prefer the way that the Lato Prime handles as opposed to a weapon widely considered better.  With as many stat parameters as this game has, it would be hard to call one weapon definitively better.  As I said, I've agreed to drop it, because there are plenty of other good weapons available, but this still doesn't quite sit right with me, and some people will still be downright angry.  If they're annoyed because they can't get the Founder weapons for the skins, I say too bad, the skins were exclusives.  If they don't give a darn about the skins and only want to try the stat set of the founder weapons, even if they look just like the default version, I can understand their frustration.

they should just gave the founders custom skins cause this topic will keep coming up forever cause there will be perfectionist who want all the prime stuff or what not....

They've already given the Founders what they intended on giving the Founders. It wouldn't offend me if you non Founders got the Founders exclusives, but DE shouldn't go out of their way to replace the Founders exclusives with some other exclusives just because someone wants them to renege on their deal. Regardless of whoever complains about this, they just need to accept it. Because I guarantee you, IF they'd gotten the Founders exclusives, they'd be making the same argument to keep it exclusive.

The only exclusives I have a problem with are the Founders stuff, and that's because PS4 players were pretty much given the finger on the whole deal. It was extended for the Steam release, but not the PS4? Bull****.

So the Founders Program was still going after PS4 version came out? (sorry for the ignorance, I was on a hiatus from Warframe during that time).

i hate how selfish people are in this. who honestly cares whether or not they get the damn things. ITS A GAMEEEE. all DE should do is remove the mastery exp. or give it to all new players who can get the 12000 exp. it would make it fair to everyone. i hate skana excalibur and lato, they are horrible. the only thing good about excalibur is super jumiping with ogris like mogamu did. thats why i built exc. in the first place

Has nobody noticed that OP's join date is the same exact date this thread was made?

Fake profile to try and push for something he cant get?

I take offense to this.  No, this is not a fake profile.  I happened to join the forums the moment I had something to say, and I had something to say about this.  I noticed the stat differences of Founder exclusive weapons and took offense.  I couldn't care less about the skins on the Founder weapons, and trying to "push for something (I) can't get."  I actually play the game, and noticed that some weapons in the Codex weren't listed in the shop as full weapons or as blueprints, so I looked into how they could be obtained, because the stats were better than their default counterparts, and found out about the Founder weapons.  All I was asking is that everyone be allowed to use the same pool of weapon stats as everyone else.  Founders can have exclusive skins, I don't care, I'm playing free thus far and intend to keep it that way a good while longer.  And, just to say, but if I were a Founder, I would still understand why newer players would want access to the same things I did in terms of functionality (as in stats), though not in terms of cosmetics.  My suggestion was, in essence, to introduce new Lato and Skana variants that looked pretty much normal but have the same stats as the Founder weapons.  Also, I CONCEDED that my argument was invalid on account of the Founder weapons still being fairly useless; I wanted this to be an area for open discussion about something I percieved as a problem, not an arena for personal accusations.  I can do without the darn founder weapons, but if you look to my first post, I have suggestions that may aid in shutting the other people who want those stats up.  The arguments against my standpoint were valid, and I agreed to back down.  So before you start levelling accusations, see if they have any validity.  In this case, I really don't feel that they do.

So the Founders Program was still going after PS4 version came out? (sorry for the ignorance, I was on a hiatus from Warframe during that time).

No, from what I've read, the program was supposed to end before the Steam release, but got extended to November 1 because of it. The PS4 version was announced in June of last year, months before it was supposed to end. In the US, the PS4 came out on two weeks after it ended, but we weren't given a shot at the program. They never intended to let us be Founders even though they acknowledged it was a mistake to let it go on that long instead of honoring their mistake and giving us a chance. All we got was an apology and a reaffirmation that we'll never have them.

Edited by (PS4)The_Moustache

okay this is a quite simple i spend a lot of grinding doing the 100 invasions in a week (in that time i was doing a lot of tests so it was a quite hard to do that number of invasions) to get the brakk and now its obtainable just doing a few mission corpus, Bravo DE you are amazing

i've been playing since u9 so i didn't have the opportunitie to get the snipetron vandal, so i think that will be fair that you released again the snipetron vandal like you did with the brakk

I agree with OP. Why not re-release the Sandal, too? I have it, it's shiny cool and I don't see why everyone shouldn't have a chance at getting it.

Actually, I think he means "Since you're re-releasing items lets have this one, too."

He said, "i've been playing since u9 so i didn't have the opportunitie to get the snipetron vandal, so i think that will be fair that you released again the snipetron vandal like you did with the brakk"

The implication he's making is that there is something unfair in rereleasing the Brakk and that they should release the Snipetron Vandal to make it fair.

"It's not fair that you rerelease an item unless it's an item I don't have."

noup its just about equity, if DE gave another chance to get the brakk for the ones that didnt have the opportunitie or didnt complete the 100 invasions  in the event, its fair that the ones that couldn't get the snipetron vandal (including me) can have a chance to obtain it