The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Flexibility] Bring All Frames To Nova Tier Without Buffs

notionphil

I'm trying to bring hallowed ground to MPrime and Bastille level. Do you feel this is too much compared to them? I don't. Maybe the numbers need a tweak, ex +50% max duration per kill. Or X seconds per kill. But yes I want to make it a "Hell Yes, Oberon is here" power.

Isn't the hallowed ground buff you posted on OP a bit too much ? Duration reset on kill, extension of the carpet...trust me with this I even forget about Reckoning.

It'd need a hard cap on size and duration. But since it's a fairly weak DoT to begin with and that it would take several kills and a lot of effort just to get it going on its own it's not bad. You'd very rarely see it become an almighty destructive force in most maps. Even in Mobile Defenses it'd be rather difficult. 

I see a lot of synergy with Radial Disarm + Decoy + your proposed Hollowed Ground, as there's already a certain synergy there.

Synergy between frames and their abilities would also be a step in the right direction! DE's apparently also learning that, as I can see from using Zephyr's Tornado + Fireball/Shock/Freeze/etc, which converts its damage type.

Edited by Kamal965

Lot's good ideas there, notionphil.

Of course, because it's the lazy thing to do.  New game play?  Who in their right mind would expect interesting game play in a game?  Everybody knows that games are for gold farmers and their clients.

There is a reason, but it is fairly obvious you want to ignore it or can't see it.

Back on topic: I too would like to hear from the dev's.

I also would go through my last post and edit in why the changes should be made, because I had a train of thought coming up with them but that is realy hard.

Accelerant(Ember) is now a buff to the team rather than debuff to enemies

Fire Blast-> Overheat

I rather Accelerant remains as a debuff.

It gives a critical function for Ember, a cheap spammable stun that last 3 to 4 seconds.

So she has some limited utility. 

There is a reason, but it is fairly obvious you want to ignore it or can't see it.

I also would go through my last post and edit in why the changes should be made, because I had a train of thought coming up with them but that is realy hard.

I'd like to hear your expanded thoughts on your suggestions too. I didn't include my rationale on the OP out of brevity's sake, but I can include them here if anyone is interested in some theorycraft.

The discussion about power flexibility is useful IMO bc DE is asking for generic power suggestions. I haven't submitted any yet bc the existing powers are so imbalanced, it's tough to know which end is your target.

I rather Accelerant remains as a debuff.

It gives a critical function for Ember, a cheap spammable stun that last 3 to 4 seconds.

So she has some limited utility. 

I can see the logic in Ember having a debuff, bc her ult is almost an 'buff' damaging aura. A second buff would be a bit of overkill.

Awesome ideas!

I even like the Ash one, despite fear that you were going to deny the utility of Bladestorm as a shield regen / invincible panic when it gets crazy...but, canceling it is a nice option for some cases

* Really like the creativity with Soul Punch marking targets for Shadows and a growing Hallowed Ground with kills (even if it might need balance tweaks). Those are cool flavor elements, beyond just numbers and balance.

* Nova slowed while molec prime is active might be a decent balance actually too, though you said it just to make a point. It would end very quickly with the immediate explodeath of all things, but might prevent spamming and let other folks get more hits in if it had some/any drawback. Plus, kinda has a cool flavor like Nova is straining or diffusing her power all around to create the effect. :)

>Electric Shield: now floats in front of Volt. Press 3 again to deploy it statically at current location.

* that idea for Volt Elec shield is best one I've seen so far! Carry OR drop! Brilliant! (also can make it easier to see through :))

>Smokescreen: turns nearby allies and Sentinels invisible (attacking makes allies visible again).

* for a more standard change, Ash's smokescreen could dramatically extend the AOE of the stun-like effect and have that range and duration scale more with mods. A room of bobbleheads for a few blinks allowing your allies to take-down/escape, while you go invisible would be excellent utility boost! (and make up for that no air cast a bit) 

-  I do love the idea of group invisibility though!

Same. There's a discussion going on about Frost, which I threw my/volt_C's suggestion from this thread into. Would love to see that and this addressed.

Frost and his recent changes are still being reviewed by dev, and we'd like to start up another 'mega' post for discussion based on dev's current thoughts.

Any thoughts on this thread Rebecca, Megan et al?

Oberon: knows that slow and steady wins the race; now his powers reflect that

Renewal: drastically improved  turning radius, 

What? I don't know what this means...

Do you turn faster? Speed is fine, but turn faster? As in increasing mouse-look/mouse sensitivity? 

PLEASE tell me this is not the case, if it is it will seriously F*** up my aim... 

Edited by TwiceDead

I was thinking yesterday, what if those single target abilities where the target must stay alive like mind control would just hop to a nearby enemy if the original target died? Could prove useful and help to mitigate problems associated with them.

Also, whenever I see an enemy that's been mind controlled, I never know when it'll snap out of it and to kill me again. Allies should have some knowledge regarding remaining duration on these abilities.

What? I don't know what this means...

Do you turn faster? Speed is fine, but turn faster? As in increasing mouse-look/mouse sensitivity? PLEASE tell me this is not the case, if it is it will seriously F*** up my aim...

um... Have you ever used renewal? The little heal balls have a terrible time catching players because they change their trajectory so slowly. The proposed change would make the heal balls much better.

um... Have you ever used renewal? The little heal balls have a terrible time catching players because they change their trajectory so slowly. The proposed change would make the heal balls much better.

Oh we're talking about the projectiles that Renewal shoots out? I thought we were talking about some sort of buffing affect after the projectiles hit... My bad. 

I was thinking yesterday, what if those single target abilities where the target must stay alive like mind control would just hop to a nearby enemy if the original target died? Could prove useful and help to mitigate problems associated with them.

Also, whenever I see an enemy that's been mind controlled, I never know when it'll snap out of it and to kill me again. Allies should have some knowledge regarding remaining duration on these abilities.

Mind Control is a good candidate for a secondary function on press-again.

A second press of mind control would make the enemy invulnerable to ally fire. Toggle on or off.

Mind Control is a good candidate for a secondary function on press-again.

A second press of mind control would make the enemy invulnerable to ally fire. Toggle on or off.

I'd rather see this function used as toggle mind-control on/off so that you can turn it off when the duration is around 5 seconds left and just re-cast it, rather than having to wait the 5 seconds before you run off on your business...