Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tighten Up The Netcode

Trizkove

Before Update 7 I had no problems controlling my Tenno and moving about in the environment. After the update there's been a number of issues having to deal with the server detecting where the character actually is:

"Cannot use in air"/Jump-melee while standing - It seems the server isn't properly detecting the character touching the ground. This happens frequently after jumping and landing without rolling/sliding. Can also occur when moving over any terrain that isn't completely level. When running down a slope and trying to jump (across ledges in the mining facilites for example) many times the input will not go through since the character is somehow "in the air" while still on the platform. This also leads to the to situations where the character will be sprinting, try to initiate a jump and will simply roll forward as though they've just landed from a height while moving. When trying to move fluidly through the environment and use the fun free-running style acrobatics this puts a huge stop to the experience. Cannot think of how often I've tried to wall-run across a gap, only to roll into it and fall down.

Stuck on a pipe/rail, can't jump - When the character is moving towards a low wall or rail, many times the jump input will not work. It's infuriating to have my super-acrobatic space ninja glue his shins to a goddamn thigh-high wall and not be able to get over it. This also occurs in the mining facilities when trying to jump up into a pipe, the character will again be caught on the 'lip' and will have to take many steps back, then approach the pipe without sprinting before jumping up into it.

Sprint/melee inputs sticking - If a player inputs the melee command multiple times in succession, it will 'queue' up more melee swings to a point. This is incredibly inconvenient with slower weapons as we're effectively rooted in place, often getting mauled by Chargers. In the case of sprinting it seems like after any variety of jumping/sliding/rolling now the game has problems recognizing that I'm holding Sprint. I have to sometimes repeatedly tap the shift key before my Tenno starts to sprint.

All of these are things that weren't an issue before Update 7. Please share your experiences with the movement in the game post-update and if they're at all similar.

Also posting in General Bugs for further reference.

Has to be said, I've not experienced any of these issues.

I think on one occasion I got severe lag after a host migration, but I just left the game and came back and I've never experienced it since. :|

EDIT: And I'm not on great internet, either. I get about 300KB/s

Edited by Mort432

Stuck on a pipe/rail, can't jump - When the character is moving towards a low wall or rail, many times the jump input will not work. It's infuriating to have my super-acrobatic space ninja glue his shins to a goddamn thigh-high wall and not be able to get over it. This also occurs in the mining facilities when trying to jump up into a pipe, the character will again be caught on the 'lip' and will have to take many steps back, then approach the pipe without sprinting before jumping up into it.

This one specifically I think is due to them changing the behavior of how warframes react to the enviroment. Before, you would do the climb animation instead of jumping even if the object was only 2 feet high. This probably can be fixed.