Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaia (Idea For A New Warframe)

gune2k4

So some friends of mine and I were wondering, with all of the new melee changes what kind of warframe would we like to see next?

So we did some brainstorming and came up with an idea for a new warframe.

Here is what we came up with and some doodles

[sorry about the lined paper and pencil drawings...i gotta be sneaky when i draw at work ;-)]

Name: Gaia

Role: Tank

Influence: Rock/ Earth/ Amazonian Warrior

SWiwNnx.jpgm2QaeP5.jpg

Description:

Gaia will function as a damage/support tank. In reductive terms, she is a cross between Frost, Rhino and Valkyr. Armor is offset by low shield. She will rely on her abilities for burst damage, minor armor boost and crowd control, as well as some DoT and Leeching. This warframe is tailor made with the new melee 2.0 mechanics in mind. A melee and CQC focused tank.

Base Stats (Suggested) These numbers are an educated guess and are meant to convey the concept

Health: 150

Shield Cap: 50

Energy: 125

Armor: 300

Speed: 1.15

Powers: Breakdown of powers and how they will level

Note: Costs are suggestions and again, are only meant to convey the idea of building a proper balance with this warframe.

Power 1: Overgrowth Cost: 50

This power functions as a way to root enemies and keep them from advancement. Gaia will send out a line of vines that tear up the ground as they extend away from her grasping for the enemy that is directly in front of her.

(See Diagram)

WMO2lUd.jpg

LVL 0: Vines and rock travel toward enemy and root them to the ground temporarily

LVL1: Same as above but now does damage over time

LVL2: Damage over time now transfers as health to the warframe with the lowest health

(Must be within 5m of Gaia)

LVL3: Ability will spread to surrounding enemies in a splashing fashion

Power 2: Golem Cost: 75

Gaia will call upon the land and surround her body in heavy boulders and rock for protection and added damage boost. (See Diagram)

NT8I3FQ.jpg

LVL0: Golem will serve as a timed minor armor boost, reducing movement speed.

LVL1: Golem will now add a melee damage bonus

LVL2: Golem will now increase melee attack speed

LVL3: Golem will now add knockdown to melee strikes

Power 3: Quarry Cost: 75

Gaia will strike the ground raising destructible pillars of rock to damage and hinder enemy movement and line of sight and as well as provide cover for squad members

(See Diagram)

bOpsyaQ.jpg

LVL0: Quarry raises 4 columns of rock per each and every added 5m to protect the squad

LVL1: Rock Columns are now sharp and do damage to enemies upon creation

LVL2: Quarry now makes twice as many columns per 5m

LVL3: Quarry now does knockdown as columns hit enemies.

Power 4: Terra Mortem Cost: 75

Gaia will call upon nature to punish those who have committed crime against her. This ability will cast an AOE that will slow and damage enemies. This AOE will follow Gaia like Ember’s World on Fire ability.

(Diagram and design to follow soon)

LVL0: Terra Mortem will slow enemies

LVL1: Terra Mortem will now damage enemies over time

LVL2: Terra Mortem will now reduce enemy accuracy

LVL3: Terra Mortem will now replenish a portion Gaia’s energy for every enemy that dies within it’s radius

What do you think? I'm open to some constructive criticism.

If you like it i'll do up some nicer looking drawings.

Thanks DE for all the inspiration and fun