Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Balance Trinity?

TunaMayo

Right now trinity is in a very strong position. A good trinity user can keep a team topped up on health and energy.

But, a good trinity can also keep an entire team invulnerable to damage for a seemingly infinite amount of time.

Anyone can see that this might be a little powerful, but I'm interested as to how people would go about balancing trinity without ruining her.

I say balance trinity rather than solely balance blessing, as I believe that by nerfing blessing and lleaving the rest of her untouched, trinity would lose her usefulness.

So please, of you think she needs changing, how and why? If you think she doesn't, why?

idk...honestly, its not trinity thats a issue. I think you have that mixed up. The fact you only have a few seconds of blessing to begin with makes sense. It is the mechanic behind the mod Narrow Minded and corrupted mods. You are addressing a issue that isn't with warframes since the release of the mods. It is the mods themselves you have a issue with. Why don't you address that instead of talking of nerfing trinity because she serves her purpose actually.

Ever since the release of the Vault and corrupted mods. There has been a misconception that warframes have issues. So, you only see the surface, and the intended designed combined with neg and plus mods. So, if you put it in this text that means all warframes will eventually come to this balancing confusion that has tainted the community. You are addressing not the surface but the core. If you catch what I am saying here, this is going to start a core game mechanics rework/bug infested uproar. The only issue is the mods released. Not trinity.

Even if you were to adust trinity, watch as more threads are posted listing why this or that frame isn't balanced based on the mods released. So, the blandness of the game will return 100 fold with no variety in being able to customize your warframe. Nothing ever to display skill and ability to aquire anything, it will just be bland play and one set of how to customize a warframe...

sounds boring to me

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

Two fives was a typo.  I've since corrected it.

So when I quoted myself to show you the thing I'd been referencing assuming you'd read it already, you just didn't read it then either?  You're trying to argue about something, yet you didn't ever read the source to know what you're arguing about or against?  I'd understand if I'd linked you to a wall of text, but the section that I quoted of myself isn't long at all...

Maybe I'm not being clear?  If I need to clarify something, I'll happily do so, but... You're not understanding at all what I said...  At all... You're responding as if you're missing a good chunk of my posts...  I'm assuming that there's a reasonable human being on the other end of that username, so is the website bugging and you're just not seeing everything I'm writing?

Do you realize you're using a straw man argument?  You're attacking small portions of what I said as if they were standalone when they weren't...  The Blessing I came up with for instance heals, rezzes, provides stagger immunity, and a speed boost.  You're saying it can't perform multiple tasks, but I'm pretty sure that between those four mechanics, it can.

To be perfectly honest, I'm thoroughly confused as to where you're coming from at this point.  It's like you're just ignoring swaths of what I'm writing and then basing your response on what little you did read...

apparently you quote yourself a post, you didn't link me anything. But it doesn't matter. 

You have to considered this: An ability that only have one mechanic (invincibility), or an ability that got little multiple mechanic and only useful depending on circumstances? 

I'm merely replying what you replying to me and note every of your points in your replying no?

Yes I didn't read your replies of you replied to someone else. I only read comment of what you replied to me. 

Your suggestion gave Trinity several small boost, in return taking away her big boost. But let apply it in real life shall we. 

.You rent a house for 1000$ each month, or rather buy a house for 400k$ and last forever? 

Morever those small boost come at random: heal, rez, speed boost, stagger immunity doesn't synergies with each other. 

Exp: your squad went down, you use blessing: that blessing can only rez your squad member, when a member is down they don't need the extra stagger immunity, speed boost, or healing don't they? When they got rez they basically at full heal. 

And you putting all those four mechanic in a blessing? 

You preferred a 4 person team working together or each person in that 4 member team vs a boss individually? Which one would be stronger then? 

Edited by SElZE

Support mean your ability affect other's players as well, regardless it's still a support. 

Her one is useful if you don't want to affect your team with blessing, cost less energy, less casting time. 

Her 2nd is very in synergy with Trinity along with the rest of her ability. 

Hello, why can't a frame had more than one component/ exp: Rhino, is he a tank? Why would he need crowd control ability or damage buff? 

Frost is defender right? Why does he need avalanche or any of offensive ability? 

Nova is offender right? Why did she need worm hole? 

Trinity can't keep link+ blessing on at the same time spamming them without her 2nd ability and you said energy vampire is a waste of energy?

Anyone playing trinity well enough would know that energy vampire is better than just a skill that you called "wasting energy" 

This goes back to the comment I made about do you bother to read threads? I mentioned her 2 it NORMALLY ends up with me wasting energy as my team mates go ahead and kill the mob at hand before I get the chance to have it make a difference.

As for her Link and Ult, like I said earlier her link in general doesn't belong on a support frame and only creates exploitation with its own faulty mechanics. Her ult needs something as a way to prevent her from being the almighty trinity, and again I said somewhere in the thread that removing the invulnerability from her allies only hurts the fact that she IS a support frame and not a tank. 

And her 1 is COMPLETELY replaced by her ult and becomes nothing more than waste of time. Why would I choose to target a mob, give it increased health in exchange for my allies gaining health when they shoot it instead of me just pressing 4? That is not a healthy kit and anyone playing trinity well enough would know that (as you put so eloquently).

Also I still think corrupted mods are at fault but thread is about trinity.

apparently you quote yourself a post, you didn't link me anything. But it doesn't matter. 

You have to considered this: An ability that only have one mechanic (invincibility), or an ability that got little multiple mechanic and only useful depending on circumstances? 

I'm merely replying what you replying to me and note every of your points in your replying no?

Yes I didn't read your replies of you replied to someone else. I only read comment of what you replied to me. 

Your suggestion gave Trinity several small boost, in return taking away her big boost. But let apply it in real life shall we. 

.You rent a house for 1000$ each month, or rather buy a house for 400k$ and last forever? 

Morever those small boost come at random: heal, rez, speed boost, stagger immunity doesn't synergies with each other. 

Exp: your squad went down, you use blessing: that blessing can only rez your squad member, when a member is down they don't need the extra stagger immunity, speed boost, or healing don't they? When they got rez they basically at full heal. 

And you putting all those four mechanic in a blessing? 

You preferred a 4 person team working together or each person in that 4 member team vs a boss individually? Which one would be stronger then? 

Because I did it once in this conversation and I figured you'd remember.

I have considered that, and I've decided that it would be better for the game and the Trinity player to have several mechanics.

I'm not asking you to reply to when I reply to someone else, but you were missing critical parts of what I said to you.

I am giving Trinity several small boosts to increase her viability in a variety of situations and taking away the thing that she does not deserve and is bad for the game.

They aren't random.  To use your example scenario, you can rez them from safety.  Thankfully, they have a few seconds of invulnerability and a speed boost to escape and needn't fear getting stagger-locked in the process.

Yes.

A team should certainly be stronger than an individual.  I'm not sure how this is relevant.

This goes back to the comment I made about do you bother to read threads? I mentioned her 2 it NORMALLY ends up with me wasting energy as my team mates go ahead and kill the mob at hand before I get the chance to have it make a difference.

As for her Link and Ult, like I said earlier her link in general doesn't belong on a support frame and only creates exploitation with its own faulty mechanics. Her ult needs something as a way to prevent her from being the almighty trinity, and again I said somewhere in the thread that removing the invulnerability from her allies only hurts the fact that she IS a support frame and not a tank. 

And her 1 is COMPLETELY replaced by her ult and becomes nothing more than waste of time. Why would I choose to target a mob, give it increased health in exchange for my allies gaining health when they shoot it instead of me just pressing 4? That is not a healthy kit and anyone playing trinity well enough would know that (as you put so eloquently).

Also I still think corrupted mods are at fault but thread is about trinity.

Regardless her 2 is still useful for trinity. What do you want Dev to do then? Make mob that affect by EV can only be kill by trinity? 

You want a boost for her 2? go right ahead I won't stop that. 

What exploit did you mean for her link? Unless you mean laser exploit in void defense, have DE fix that. 

I never said anything about removing invulnerability for Trinity. I only said reduce it. Now who's the one that doesn't read my post. 

Who said that a frame can only have one mechanic and stick with it? I already list several example of multiple frame having abilities that can make them both an offender and defender as well didn't I ? 

I already said regarding her one, you don't expect much, ember's fire ball deal damage, but her 4 deal more damage than her. Saryn's venom deal damage, but her miasma can replace that as well. Why are you comparing trinity's 1 and 4 together? Obviously isn't 1 should be weaker than 4. 

Because I did it once in this conversation and I figured you'd remember.

I have considered that, and I've decided that it would be better for the game and the Trinity player to have several mechanics.

I'm not asking you to reply to when I reply to someone else, but you were missing critical parts of what I said to you.

I am giving Trinity several small boosts to increase her viability in a variety of situations and taking away the thing that she does not deserve and is bad for the game.

They aren't random.  To use your example scenario, you can rez them from safety.  Thankfully, they have a few seconds of invulnerability and a speed boost to escape and needn't fear getting stagger-locked in the process.

Yes.

A team should certainly be stronger than an individual.  I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Yes, you did quote a post, and I remember that. 

Her several small boost all in one blessing is a downside. 

A team should be stronger than an individual, this is relevant because your suggestion to trinity is the same as that. 

-Her several small boosts only work individually, in comparison for the whole invulnerable mechanic. 

This is those small boost: stagger immunity, heal, revive, and speed boost. 

This is what you said: "To use your example scenario, you can rez them from safety.  Thankfully, they have a few seconds of invulnerability and a speed boost to escape and needn't fear getting stagger-locked in the process."

When a players die, the enemies will automatically leave them and move on to another target. Why would they need any speed boost to escape or stagger locked? And when a player getting rez, they will automatically receive full heal, so why is the need of healing? 

Even if they are getting surround by enemies and the enemies didn't leave their corpse, isn't that just mean speed boost can't help them because anywhere they go, enemies will be there? 

have you ever play a volt and activate sprint and still end up dying when enemies surround him? 

idk...honestly, its not trinity thats a issue. I think you have that mixed up. The fact you only have a few seconds of blessing to begin with makes sense. It is the mechanic behind the mod Narrow Minded and corrupted mods. You are addressing a issue that isn't with warframes since the release of the mods. It is the mods themselves you have a issue with. Why don't you address that instead of talking of nerfing trinity because she serves her purpose actually.

Ever since the release of the Vault and corrupted mods. There has been a misconception that warframes have issues. So, you only see the surface, and the intended designed combined with neg and plus mods. So, if you put it in this text that means all warframes will eventually come to this balancing confusion that has tainted the community. You are addressing not the surface but the core. If you catch what I am saying here, this is going to start a core game mechanics rework/bug infested uproar. The only issue is the mods released. Not trinity.

Even if you were to adust trinity, watch as more threads are posted listing why this or that frame isn't balanced based on the mods released. So, the blandness of the game will return 100 fold with no variety in being able to customize your warframe. Nothing ever to display skill and ability to aquire anything, it will just be bland play and one set of how to customize a warframe...

sounds boring to me

My general point is, Trinity is currently not balanced.

She is used solely for the purpose of pseudo-invincibility with Blessing spam with the correct corrupt mods. You mention that it is corrupt mods that break the frame, yet there are plenty of other frames in the game that can use the same mods that trinity would use and not render all challenge that Warframe poses as trivial.

But, if you boil it down to just her skills, even then she's not incredibly well rounded as a support.

Well of life achieves the same end at a slower rate than Blessing, its sole purpose appears to be to keep the target alive for Energy Vampire.

Energy Vampire is good in theory, but having duration mods (which positively effect every other of Trinity's skills) effect this skill negatively is moronic.

Link WAS Trinity's ability to survive, however is now use as damage output as the damage resistance is not enough and not effected by power mods. Why does a support frame (meant for healing and staying alive) need a skill that serves a better purpose of dealing damage than it does of keeping you alive.

Blessing is a single, global heal with an invulnerability period that is meant to get you out of jams. But this period is exploited due to the fact that the rest of her kit simply isn't up to scratch in supporting a team.

The reason that Blessing is used as such a crutch is because without it she simply couldn't "support" a team. Rather than having a frame rely so heavily on one power, why not distribute some of that potency?

Whilst I agree that corrupted mods are sketchy, without them in the game Trinity would still need to be looked at. Because rather than being exploited for godmode, she would be underplayed as she would be of little use to the team. What you suggest, by removing corrupt mods, would effectively nerf Trinity with no buffs. What I am asking for is a balance across her kit.

What exploit did you mean for her link? Unless you mean laser exploit in void defense, have DE fix that. 

I never said anything about removing invulnerability for Trinity. I only said reduce it. Now who's the one that doesn't read my post. 

Who said that a frame can only have one mechanic and stick with it? I already list several example of multiple frame having abilities that can make them both an offender and defender as well didn't I ? 

I think this is quite enough proof that this discussion will not go anywhere. I will get the other stuff out of the way before I explain the exploit.

You said reduce/remove the invulnerability for the team. I said that makes no sense as SHE should be the one that is vulnerable to create an element of risk in play. I did read your posts I could go quote them if you would like me to.

The multiple frame mechanics doesn't apply to this particular argument as her 4 (which is comparable to her 1 SINCE IT HEALS) replaces the intended use of 2 of her abilities. If anything she lacks multiple mechanics since all she needs to do is press 4.

Comparing her 1 and her 4 is fine since because energy isn't a limiting factor with the mods in the game (and if she really tried hard energy vampire) she shouldn't ever need to use her 1. Thats the issue that you seem to be failing to grasp.

As for the exploit with her Link. Her links intended use was for her to have compensation for the fact that she is a squishy frame. This is fine, by itself it does this. If she uses her ult now the intended use is now gone her link is only a knock down immunity to prevent her from being cced before she ults again. Now here is the kicker. Damage dealt to her while her ult is active WILL BE REDIRECTED BY HER ULT. 

What does this mean exactly? It means trinity who should be (if you are playing her right) invulnerable can walk up to a mob she has linked and shoot it with a penta while standing right next to it and get a free 75% damage from the link bouncing the blocked penta damage back to the enemy. Its intended use isn't being respected and in exchange she is exploiting a faulty mechanic for extra damage. But all of this goes back to her not being a support frame but instead god mode.

Edited by Rehero

I think this is quite enough proof that this discussion will not go anywhere. I will get the other stuff out of the way before I explain the exploit.

You said reduce/remove the invulnerability for the team. I said that makes no sense as SHE should be the one that is vulnerable to create an element of risk in play. I did read your posts I could go quote them if you would like me to.

The multiple frame mechanics doesn't apply to this particular argument as her 4 (which is comparable to her 1 SINCE IT HEALS) replaces the intended use of 2 of her abilities. If anything she lacks multiple mechanics since all she needs to do is press 4.

Comparing her 1 and her 4 is fine since because energy isn't a limiting factor with the mods in the game (and if she really tried hard energy vampire) she shouldn't ever need to use her 1. Thats the issue that you seem to be failing to grasp.

As for the exploit with her Link. Her links intended use was for her to have compensation for the fact that she is a squishy frame. This is fine by itself is does this. If she uses her ult now the intended use is now gone her link is only a knock down immunity to prevent her from being cced before she ults again. Now here is the kicker. Damage dealt to her while her ult is active WILL BE REDIRECTED BY HER ULT. 

What does this mean exactly? It means trinity who (should be if you are playing her right) invulnerable can walk up to a mob she has linked and shoot it with a penta while standing right next to it and get a free 75% damage from the link bouncing the blocked penta damage back to the enemy. Its intended use isn't being respected and in exchange she is exploiting a faulty mechanic for extra damage. But all of this goes back to her not being a support frame but instead god mode.

yes go and quote them. 

I'm pretty sure most player here complain about trinity giving them invulnerability instead of complaining about trinity having invulnerability. 

Because (who was it again) did said: "She's op because her ability affect her whole squad" 

If her ability doesn't affect trinity at all but solely for squad members, do you think she is worth it to be someone's main? A healing machine/ 

Lol do you care going on a run with me and press 4 without using any of her 1 2 3 to see how long you will last? Better or not, just go to phobos wendell survival run and solo with your trinity, you will see what I mean. (oh and don't use your 1 2 3) 

How do you know what "intended" use a skill should be? There is no real intention in how a skill should be use. A skill is just there for player to use it however they wanted to. Do you think that link will never ran out while carrying penta? And you plan to use link+ blessing without using EV/ 

Edited by SElZE

Better or not, just go to phobos wendell survival run and solo with your trinity, you will see what I mean. (oh and don't use your 1 2 3) 

More proof. Done with this obviously you want the intended support turned god mode not to be changed so not much use in continuing the conversation.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/support

Edited by Rehero

yes go and quote them. 

I'm pretty sure most player here complain about trinity giving them invulnerability instead of complaining about trinity having invulnerability. 

Because (who was it again) did said: "She's op because her ability affect her whole squad" 

If her ability doesn't affect trinity at all but solely for squad members, do you think she is worth it to be someone's main? A healing machine/ 

Lol do you care going on a run with me and press 4 without using any of her 1 2 3 to see how long you will last? Better or not, just go to phobos wendell survival run and solo with your trinity, you will see what I mean. (oh and don't use your 1 2 3) 

How do you know what "intended" use a skill should be? There is no real intention in how a skill should be use. A skill is just there for player to use it however they wanted to. Do you think that link will never ran out while carrying penta? And you plan to use link+ blessing without using EV/ 

Please can we put a rest to this argument. No one is saying "I'm really annoyed when Trinity walks in and makes the whole team godlike".

The general consensus among those of us who want a Trinity balance is, "There is a frame in the game that can trivialise all content regardless of enemy level (like Iron Skin, Overheat and Link used to do), oh and can also do that to the whole team from anywhere in the mission, but that's all the frame is good for."

I'd be fine with Trinity having some form of a set duration of invulnerability on Blessing (say a flat 5 seconds) to help fellow tenno in a jam. But then she becomes a lackluster frame, and this is because the rest of her kit is not up to par. 

Please can we put a rest to this argument. No one is saying "I'm really annoyed when Trinity walks in and makes the whole team godlike".

The general consensus among those of us who want a Trinity balance is, "There is a frame in the game that can trivialise all content regardless of enemy level (like Iron Skin, Overheat and Link used to do), oh and can also do that to the whole team from anywhere in the mission, but that's all the frame is good for."

I'd be fine with Trinity having some form of a set duration of invulnerability on Blessing (say a flat 5 seconds) to help fellow tenno in a jam. But then she becomes a lackluster frame, and this is because the rest of her kit is not up to par. 

there is actually, I can go and search them out on how many people say how they don't like her power affect the whole team. 

So you basically don't like scale abilities. Not that it matter. I wanted Rhino's old iron skin back as well as Frost's snowglobe. You just among the people who support it. 

Heck the current iron skin isn't even make sense. For players who played Rhino only up to lvl 1 -30 won't feel anything, it's totally easy mode for them while lvl 30+, their skin get shatter easily. 

-Damage reduction moved to Blessing from Link

* Duration increased

* Capped at 50% upgradable by mods to 90%

-Power Strength affects Link

* Reflect damage taken after reduction

-Energy Vampire is an AoE aura near Trinity

* Affected by Power Range

-Well of Life revives downed allies

Yes, you did quote a post, and I remember that. 

Her several small boost all in one blessing is a downside. 

A team should be stronger than an individual, this is relevant because your suggestion to trinity is the same as that. 

-Her several small boosts only work individually, in comparison for the whole invulnerable mechanic. 

This is those small boost: stagger immunity, heal, revive, and speed boost. 

This is what you said: "To use your example scenario, you can rez them from safety.  Thankfully, they have a few seconds of invulnerability and a speed boost to escape and needn't fear getting stagger-locked in the process."

When a players die, the enemies will automatically leave them and move on to another target. Why would they need any speed boost to escape or stagger locked? And when a player getting rez, they will automatically receive full heal, so why is the need of healing? 

Even if they are getting surround by enemies and the enemies didn't leave their corpse, isn't that just mean speed boost can't help them because anywhere they go, enemies will be there? 

have you ever play a volt and activate sprint and still end up dying when enemies surround him? 

I never claimed to be trying to replace an OP ability with an equally OP one.  I was trying to make her a better frame to play overall.  Right now, she has one stupidly OP ability (Blessing), one ability that's decent but just feels off to me (Link), one that is completely redundant (WoL), and one that would be nice in theory and in solo but doesn't work in co-op (EV).

There have been a ton of times where I've used a revive with enemies nearby only to die again because I couldn't escape.

Why healing+escape?  Because options.

Surrounded doesn't mean that they can't escape.  Surrounded means that if they consumed a revive, the enemies nearby would gun them down before they got away.

I main Volt, so yes, I have.

You're missing the whole point though.  Trinity has issues.  One of those is that Blessing trivializes the entire game.  I'm trying to give her a viable alternative that doesn't.  That which trivializes the entire game needs to go.  Thus, the extended-duration nature of Blessing must go.  I want to replace WoL with something better, I want to make EV more useful in co-op, I want to make Link better, and I want to make Blessing a viable support ult that isn't just the god-mode button that it is now.

Look, maybe you enjoy playing with Trinity as she is now where she basically is just Blessing, but her continued status as such isn't good for the game as a whole.

Trinity is a boring frame to play unless you're on T3 defense. She doesn't need balancing, she does her job fine as long as she has energy. To me the invincibility is the only redeeming factor of coolness that comes from her.

We're trying to make her more fun to play in those other situations.  Unfortunately, that extended-duration invincibility trivializes all difficulty in the game, which means it has to go.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I never claimed to be trying to replace an OP ability with an equally OP one.  I was trying to make her a better frame to play overall.  Right now, she has one stupidly OP ability (Blessing), one ability that's decent but just feels off to me (Link), one that is completely redundant (WoL), and one that would be nice in theory and in solo but doesn't work in co-op (EV).

There have been a ton of times where I've used a revive with enemies nearby only to die again because I couldn't escape.

Why healing+escape?  Because options.

Surrounded doesn't mean that they can't escape.  Surrounded means that if they consumed a revive, the enemies nearby would gun them down before they got away.

I main Volt, so yes, I have.

You're missing the whole point though.  Trinity has issues.  One of those is that Blessing trivializes the entire game.  I'm trying to give her a viable alternative that doesn't.

We're trying to make her more fun to play in those other situations.  Unfortunately, that invincibility trivializes all difficulty in the game, which means it has to go.

if she got issue, your suggestion isn't a way to go. Because those little mechanic are too situational specific, it doesn't apply to all situation, but only those little situation that you can only come by once in a while. 

if she got issue, your suggestion isn't a way to go. Because those little mechanic are too situational specific, it doesn't apply to all situation, but only those little situation that you can only come by once in a while. 

Maybe not.  But it would be an overall improvement from her current status where all she does is press 4.  At least with my suggestion, 1 is at least somewhat better, 2 is way better for co-op, 3 is way better, and 4 isn't game-breaking.  I'm not claiming to have a perfect solution.  I'm claiming to have given a solution and am claiming to be trying.  I want to make her more fun to play and I want to make her not be bad for the game.

Her ult is OP and the rest of her kit isn't fun.  That's what we want to fix.  It's that simple.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Maybe not.  But it would be an overall improvement from her current status where all she does is press 4.  At least with my suggestion, 1 is at least somewhat better, 2 is way better for co-op, 3 is way better, and 4 isn't game-breaking.  I'm not claiming to have a perfect solution.  I'm claiming to have given a solution and am claiming to be trying.  I want to make her more fun to play and I want to make her not be bad for the game.  It's that simple.

the improvement is base on what people really did complained about.

Which is why taking back on my suggestion of reduce trinity's blessing on other player but keep current blessing on trinity. 

However you got your own suggestion to deal with, and I got mine. You want to make her more fun to play "for you", not sure about other trinity's players.

But it is a game element that people enjoy.

I wouldn't exactly call pressing 4 a skill...

Then warframe requires no skills since even pressing 4 buttons shouldn't count. Playing as trinity conserving and watching energy initiating blessing at the right time and keeping a team alive while also trying to damage enemy and many other things. They are not about just pressing 4. Let's just call everything as is. In that case pressing 4 on nyx. Pressing 2 on rhino. Pressing 4 on valkyr. They should all be nerfed?

-Damage reduction moved to Blessing from Link

* Duration increased

* Capped at 50% upgradable by mods to 90%

-Power Strength affects Link

* Reflect damage taken after reduction

-Energy Vampire is an AoE aura near Trinity

* Affected by Power Range

-Well of Life revives downed allies

I actually quite like this. Only issue is that Well of Life is still lackluster unless you are down and is no longer necessary for Energy Vampire.

Umm...  I'm trying to give them several options and make it so that one of them isn't always a given.  Did you also miss the post where I suggested a rework to her that would open up 1-3 for more use and hopefully make her 4 more tactical?

Am I taking away what they enjoy?  I suppose, yes, but I'm trying to replace it with more things which they'd enjoy more in total and would be healthier for the game.

People already have the option of not using blessing. So, changing it to something else does not give them and option.

And, when I think of options, I think more of the enemy, environment, challenges, and TTK. There is a lot of room for very necessary work there.

People already have the option of not using blessing. So, changing it to something else does not give them and option.

And, when I think of options, I think more of the enemy, environment, challenges, and TTK. There is a lot of room for very necessary work there.

Might not have to change blessing entirely, just tone it down and rejig her other three skills to spread the balance.

We know there are other things in the game that need work, but this post is just about Trinity.

So Tuna, what exactly are you thinking she needs if you were to take a stab at it?  (My apologies if you have already and I've forgotten.)

Changing it to something that doesn't break the game and is still useful in a variety of situations does give a player options.

So Tuna, what exactly are you thinking she needs if you were to take a stab at it?  (My apologies if you have already and I've forgotten.)

Changing it to something that doesn't break the game and is still useful in a variety of situations does give a player options.

Personally I'd give blessing 5 seconds flat invulnerability not effected by duration to help tenno in a jam, and allow blessing to revive downed teammates.

Then, have the duration on energy vamp effect it positively like renewal.

Now, she still needs team support and survivability. So, I would merge well of life and link. So a targeted enemy is given bonus hp and levitated for a duration. The targeted enemy then "links" to allies in range, giving them x% damage reduction effected by focus. All redirected damage is taken by the linked target.

There you have a way to keep the team alive, whilst still being able to single out heavies and increase your own durability.

For the new skill I guess you could have something that promotes teamwork. Maybe something like "aura of regeneration", while this skill is active shield and health regen is increased of you and nearby allies and shield delay is decreased.

Then you would have your new link and aura for general staying alive, energy vamp for damage and energy, and blessing for clutch.

Wouldn't be perfect, but I'm no game designer.

Personally I'd give blessing 5 seconds flat invulnerability not effected by duration to help tenno in a jam, and allow blessing to revive downed teammates.

Then, have the duration on energy vamp effect it positively like renewal.

Now, she still needs team support and survivability. So, I would merge well of life and link. So a targeted enemy is given bonus hp and levitated for a duration. The targeted enemy then "links" to allies in range, giving them x% damage reduction effected by focus. All redirected damage is taken by the linked target.

There you have a way to keep the team alive, whilst still being able to single out heavies and increase your own durability.

For the new skill I guess you could have something that promotes teamwork. Maybe something like "aura of regeneration", while this skill is active shield and health regen is increased of you and nearby allies and shield delay is decreased.

Then you would have your new link and aura for general staying alive, energy vamp for damage and energy, and blessing for clutch.

Wouldn't be perfect, but I'm no game designer.

I'd be concerned about Aura of Regeneration just being a better/worse version of Renewal.