Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired Of Pick-Up Groups? So Am I. Seeking Mature, Fun-Oriented, Team-Focused Players To Group With

Nebula_9

Hello and thanks for reading.

Been playing warframe for a number of weeks now and have advanced nicely (about to hit rank six w/nine frames built).  I've found the game is great but pick-up groups (PUGs) are rarely fun.  More often than not, you get one or two showboats or just "ubergeared" players who race to the finish rabidly grabbing up every kill as if they've something to prove (I acknowledge they may just be super-talented, gear-optimzed and/or just in it to farm the rewards, but the effect is the same).

So, I'd like to find a few like-minded folks who are up for more private games that suit a more cooperative style.  To expand, I'm looking for fellow players who are:

- Mature and prioritize teamwork and fun over profit and/or "the look-at-me! show"

- Tolerant of different levels of proficiency (I hold my own just fine in FPS games, but I'm certainly no pro, and I'd rather game with great people than great players)

- Excited by the prospect of tackling challenging content, pursuing desirable gear (prime blueprints, Stalker weapons, etc.), working towards at least fundamental tactical coordination, exploring different playstyles (imagine a stealth-only or snipers-only team, just for a change of pace), and farming resources as a crew.

- Online evenings and weekends (I'm in Eastern Standard Time) — when they play, since I understand that there's more to having a life than Warframe

- Somewhat communicative. I don't care if your English is perfect, but you need to be able to chat

- Open to communicating via in-game text.  I have a mic and am willing to use it (especially if coordinating complex tactics), but I often prefer text to the running banter that often occurs in multiplayer games.  I'm not antisocial, but I enjoy the immersion that comes from just hearing the game.

That's it.  If what I wrote above resonates with you, let's join forces and enjoy Warframe for what it can be.

I'm not picky about how we communicate — feel free to reply to this post, send me a message in game, etc.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

- Nebula_9

Too bad that you're from the EST part of the world. I like your attitude but I'm from Europe. Your evenings would be my midnights =/

Too bad about the time difference.  If you ever play weekend nights, it might work.  Then my early afternoon would be your early evening, I'm guessing.

- Nebula_9

Edited by Nebula_9

Yes, weekends are unproblematic in this regard. Here's a good time converter for German time to EST and vice versa: http://www.timebie.com/timezone/easternberlin.php

This week as well as the next one I'm stranded with a Macbook and slow internet connection, so no Warframe for me until the 10th of March =l

I mostly play with my significant other (his ign is DjaAkh, feel free to add us both as friends) who is luckier than me and easier for you to get hold of. If you want, feel free to join our clan, there are only two of us and seven dead accounts of our friends.

We like to explore maps and search for hidden parkour areas and have no urge to rush (unless it's an invasion mission with a potato as reward. It's time versus us then). We have a TeamSpeak server as well, for when communication needs to be quick. And we still are farming for a lot of prime gear, since we usually don't just burn through content.

It may happen, though, that we'll move too fast for a new player, since we know almost all of the tilesets/levels and all of the little tricks like sliding a lot (because it regenerates stamina) and other stuff that we'll gladly teach you if you so desire. Just say if you think that we're too fast, it's not the first time that we're helping new players.

I hope that my absence until way into March doesn't make it inconvenient for you. 8th and 9th of March we both will be unavailable, but starting with the 10th of March I can play with you even in your evenings because it's a lecture free time at my university.

I'm definitely the type of player you are looking to game with, and so are the active members of my clan.  I'm also in EST, which works out nicely. What times/days do you usually play?  Like Polymelodic we have teamspeak channel to coordinate more effectively(and to have fun and joke around as well!)  I'd be up for games with you guys for sure.

@Polymelodic: Since you mentioned it I thought I'd offer, since your clan appears to be dead except for you and DjaAkh you guys are welcome to join us. We are mostly EST but I do play at weird times during the day when my daughter naps and we have a west coast guy too.  Just let me know as I have to build the shadow barracks so we can expand.  Been holding off on it until we have more people to join since the research cost goes up lol

Nebula you are welcome to join our clan as well if you like :)

I'll add you guys as friends when I next get on

-Ace

Wow, with you, Ace and Nebula, the squad would be full again, just like in ye olden times, many, many moons ago =)

Ace, yes, add us as friends, by all means. Dja is tending to my account in my absence (repairing my extractors), so your friend request will be accepted from both our accounts. A warm thanks for the clan invitation! Alas, we just recently finished restructuring and decorating it, giving it up now would feel like a waste of all the build-time. We also hope that our friends may return to the game after it gets updates of significant mechanics and endgame, so we're keeping the dojo 'warm' for them =D

We'll gladly join forces with your clan, as soon as the clan union mechanic will be introduced to the game (somewhen 2014, according to the devstream). Our name is Reign of War.

Polymelodic and Acebaur,

Thank you so much for your replies and hospitality, if you can call it that in "cyberspace."  Warframe is an excellent game, but it could sorely use some social tools. (I just discovered yesterday that players don't even have the option to send other players mail, so there's no way to contact them when they're offline.  And they could definitely use some "looking for squad" tools other than Recruitment chat, which is a poor solution at best.).

I'll add you all as friends.  And, Acebaur, I'd welcome an invite to your clan, though it may make sense to play together for at least one get-to-know-you session.  

Looking forward to seeing you in game.

- Nebula_9

P.S. Polymelodic, I'm aware that Germany is six hours ahead of U.S. Eastern Standard Time.  I have an old friend in Berlin.  So, easy to calculate.

Edited by Nebula_9

Hi me n the bf up sometime, sounds like us :)  We chat in skype and play just like you said and we drag in mates and cruise through challenges having fun!  Nice to meet you all.  Cherikira (better ask the bf before I go splashing his name around lol)

You sound like the player of my dreams. I'm in Mountain time, but our household is not structured to the point I can't adapt to your hours. I have to admit I've met and friended a number of synthetically created squad members *because* they were kind enough to wait for me when as a newer player I hadn't gotten the hang of maneuvers like wall-running. But the only time I'll intentionally rush is if I'm working as a merc due to low credits reserves (I buy as little plat as I can get away with because I like to build rather than buy) and you have to make 3-5 runs to get the battle pay. Otherwise, I much prefer to work methodically or strategically on the high-level enemies or the big bosses, and I thought the point of this game was supposed to be *teamwork*, so you never go tearing ahead leaving your squad twiddling its thumbs, and if you notice a squad member lagging, you wait or go back and help (he may be lagging because he's gotten mobbed by high-level Grineer, or he may be experiencing lag).

Anyway, I'm at 6 and then some, have taken some pains to create a Grineer, a Corpus, and an Infested loadout, do have to run a few low-to-mid-level missions due to new weapons and a few new lower-level frames (having trouble getting away from Nova---she is just such a fun little frame). Our clan is intermittently working together; we do have all research through the frames finished, and the dojo has an obstacle course (not that I feel DE thought this one out real well). I'm wanting to do some oxium farming (I think DE went a little nuts with how much oxium you need as an individual to build the frame once the clan has pooled its resources to get the BPs made. I would like to visit the Void more (I have quite a few keys) and would love to get the dragon keys and do some vault runs. In the interest of full disclosure, I apparently have picked up the Three Stooges (the new guys who go after you if you've fought the Grineer for the Corpus. Geez, if they want you on their side, they need to go back to paying better!) and I still have a Harvester mark. I'm waiting for the Stalker to make his presence known again because I've gone after a number of bosses multiple times to farm frame parts.

One group I went out with actually used Skype, which worked very well, but I often text. Just having the chat key work is less cumbersome, though.

Anyway, that's me. My in-game name is Minissa. If you want to just email me off-list/game, it's caros@xmission.com

Actually, now that I've read the replies, *please* any of you feel free to friend me. It sounds like we're all on the same page, if not in the same time zone. I'm in Mountain (UT-7), soon to be Mountain Daylight. I'm Minissa in-game and don't mind being emailed in the real world at caros@xmission.com.

Actually, now that I've read the replies, *please* any of you feel free to friend me. It sounds like we're all on the same page, if not in the same time zone. I'm in Mountain (UT-7), soon to be Mountain Daylight. I'm Minissa in-game and don't mind being emailed in the real world at caros@xmission.com.

I will add you tonight when I get home.  I chatted with Nebula today in game and it seems he and I both stay up late playing, so mountain time isn't an issue for us you also stay up late.

I have a teamspeak server we can use to communicate. I own it so don't worry about random folks jumping onto it :)

Anyway so there is a clan merging feature coming this year? That sounds very cool.

Hi me n the bf up sometime, sounds like us :)  We chat in skype and play just like you said and we drag in mates and cruise through challenges having fun!  Nice to meet you all.  Cherikira (better ask the bf before I go splashing his name around lol)

It's ok she can splash me all she wants to...wait did that sound bad? rofl