Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Game Mode Idea Generator Defense

StRaToX

So, I was thinking, ever since Invasion was introduced into the game and we got AI that fight alongside you,  it would be really cool to have a game-mode that would be something like Generator Defense.

So hear me out ! This won't have any, over the top, silly things in it !

Since the introduction of Alad V and the remake of Sargas Ruk this would make even more sense. Those guys are always brawling, and NOW they would get to fight it out even more in PVP style.
This would go really well with the Invasion tile-set cuz of the force-field gate in the middle of the map. This game-mode could work with both 2v2 or 4v4 and you would have AI instances on both sides helping the players (their levels would be directly determined by the opposite team’s conclave aggregate).
The idea is that on the beginning of the round you pick a side, Corpus or Grineer, and each team starts on the opposite sides of the map. Right next to your spawn area, you would have a generator room (like one of those sabotage ones). The goal of the game-mode is to advance and destroy the enemy generator. Plus Invasion maps already have a great mid point (gate) that you would need to disable for your troops to advance (or sneak-parkoor behind the enemy lines). Players could also respawn every 10-15 seconds so it’s more interesting. So if you and your buddy, or hopefully, buddies would like to vanquish their enemies with the help of them bombards/napalms or them pesky ospreys/MOAs, this would be just the game-mode for you :D

All of the assets needed are already in the game, they just need re-arranging . I think this would make a great and fun game-mode which combines not only all the awesome PVE aspects of Warframe, but takes it to a whole different level adding PVP to all that as well !

Also Alad V and Ruk could give a motivational speech at the start of the round, something like ''it is time to show that greedy-milk-Alad V which is the superior race'' but that would just be the icing on the cake.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A PVP MODE (PART OF THE CONCLAVE) AND AS SUCH HAS NO CONTACTS WITH THE STORY (LORE) OR WILL BREAK THE COOP FEEL OF THE GAME. KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS JUST AN IDEA THAT WOULD REALLY BE AWESOME IF IT EVER REACHES PRODUCTION.

Edited by StRaToX

DragonDance this is a pvp mode and has no contacts with the story (lore) so reusing the same battleground has no conflicts with the PVE aspects of the game, and this is supposed to be part of the conclaves

Edited by StRaToX

Except that would require setting aside time that could be spent on development of the actual game to make more PvP modes, which as I said, is exactly what DE said they won't be doing.  They added the conclaves as an afterthought, and they haven't even finished those yet.  Their priority is the game and the co-op.

Edited by DragonDance

and i have nothing against them expending the game in the pve aspect, thats just what i want, but having this as an afterthought, something that could be done some day is the idea, don't you agree ?
And just like you said the conclaves are an afterthought and unfinished so they are bound to work on it someday why not give them new ideas about it, isn't that the idea of the whole fan concepts thing, if we all think that giving DE new ideas will set back what they are currently working on then the whole fan concepts is worthless. My intentions aren't to destroy the game for everyone, dont worry you will still get your update 13 and 14 and so on.

Edited by StRaToX