The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Bug: Permanent Smoke Effect With Screenshots

HideorEscape

There is a bug that happens sometimes (not always) where after I use Turbulence, a smoke effect appears and stays permanently on Zephyr. Its annoying because it causes my game to lag.It only disappears when I finish the mission.

kBL0KeE.jpg

msdNpDM.jpg

Bf6mo5B.jpg

As you can see in the screenshots, from wave 7 to wave 25 the smoke effect was still on me.

The reason why the smoke is blue is because I use the blue color for energy.

I am afraid to use the Turbulence ability now just because of this smoke appearing bug. This needs to be fixed.

zephyr's tailwind has a similar effect it seems and i believe dive bomb does too. i can get part way through a mission and have generated so much pink smoke and contrails around me that i literally cant stand still and fight because the world disappears in a cloud of smoke.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zohl7himh7tbwnk/Screenshot%202014-03-01%2005.49.22.png

i've been referring too it as a perfume called "Kittag...by Tenno"

edit: because when i got downed while swinging a kittag, the embolist secondary would spray from the handle of the kittag. making it something of a kittag shaped perfume bottle

second edit: i watched more of the video the screenshot was from and the smoke and contrails stayed where i got downed when it finally happened. so upon revival they had cleared from me. but a few minutes later when i was looking at the spot i was downed they were just sitting there steaming up my place of death

Edited by WrothBog

most likley a long time from now, all the frames have this happen periodically. rezzing a downed teammate can cause the same thing to eject from your hands, or desecration from nekros can cause it too making sniping near impossible

Did I post this to do wrong place?

Did any of the Dev checked this report?

Can I know when it will be fixed?

I've taken a look and have 'hopefully' fixed it (hard to test when you can't reproduce it).  It seems to be the smoke from Tail Wind not dying properly.  It'll be rolled out in a future update.

I've taken a look and have 'hopefully' fixed it (hard to test when you can't reproduce it).  It seems to be the smoke from Tail Wind not dying properly.  It'll be rolled out in a future update.

That is most likely the cause. I've experienced the issue in the past having exclusively used Tail Wind.

With your particle emitters, why not set a hard cap on particle effects to despawn if they are created from a Warframe/ability after <x> seconds? It would prevent these issues from reoccurring in the future, as well.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

That is most likely the cause. I've experienced the issue in the past having exclusively used Tail Wind.

With your particle emitters, why not set a hard cap on particle effects to despawn if they are created from a Warframe/ability after <x> seconds? It would prevent these issues from reoccurring in the future, as well.

They have that already (0.8 seconds on this effect to be exact)..that's why this one is so puzzling; client lag adds wonderful little bugs!

Then why not a condition to destroy it if (existence >= 0.8) seconds as opposed to having the condition triggered only once as it seems to be? :P

When the Client has to instantiate the emitter themselves, they should still have their own existence counter controlling it's lifespan, right? That way, even if some networking glitch causes the countdown to overrun (or underrun, as it were), it would be manageable from the Client side with no strange oddities occurring.

I'd been playing Solo to have this occur, so it may not necessarily be entirely due to network miscommunication on the Client side, either. 

Edited by Azure_Kyte