The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Buff An Oberon...

Kiyryite

My Oberon's renewal heals around 450 and also reckoning deals more damage than lots of frame abilities (except the damage based frames) his smite deals more damage than practically every button 1 skill and has projectiles ( about 6-8) that ricochet everywhere after dealing damage to enemies around and have a decent proc chance (both in the initial hit and on projectiles ), but hallowed ground is by far the MOST useless skill in warframe (this really bothers me because it is the worst skill on a good 'Jack of all trades' warframe) (and yes when modded right I'd rather take an Oberon to a high tier mission than a well modded rhino) and I already explained the hallowed ground thing already so I'm not doing it again.

A simple (not so simple) way to buff Oberon is to give him 100-200 armor (he is a paladin do I really need to explain, and the armor boost makes sense since Oberon is relatively slow), move renewal down to his 2nd skill rather than 3rd replace hallowed ground (which will now be his 3rd skill)with a slightly curved shield around 180 degrees (like half an snow globe) (all these are when it is maxed but has no power strength mods) the barrier has 2500 health maxed (but with no power mods) it heals player (any in a 5m radius behind it)on 50% of the the damage it takes and gives a 25% armor buff,(only the Oberon who casts it doesn't gets the extra buffs) It does not heal Oberon but when Oberon takes damage it heals the barrier, he takes the full damage as normal, but heals the barrier on 50% of the damage he takes, the barrier lasts for 50 seconds, the barrier is about 1.5 meters thick and any enemy making contact with the barrier will take damage similar to the former hallowed ground ( but with a 5% radiation proc chance,hey it is low but it is something and this is continuous damage remember, plus it's a shield what did you expect? 25%,50%,100%......), any weapons with a punch through of 1.5m or above can penetrate through the barrier.

I'll would call 'Sacred Preservation' or Safeguard.

Edited by Kiyryite

My Oberon's renewal heals around 450 and also reckoning deals more damage than lots of frame abilities (except the damage based frames) his smite deals more damage than practically every button 1 skill and has projectiles ( about 6-8) that ricochet everywhere after dealing damage to enemies around and have a decent proc chance (both in the initial hit and on projectiles ), but hallowed ground is by far the MOST useless skill in warframe (this really bothers me because it is the worst skill on a good 'Jack of all trades' warframe) (and yes when modded right I'd rather take an Oberon to a high tier mission than a well modded rhino) and I already explained the hallowed ground thing already so I'm not doing it again.

A simple way to buff Oberon is to give him 100-200 armor (he is a paladin do I really need to explain, and the armor boost makes sense since Oberon is relatively slow), move renewal down to his 2nd skill rather than 3rd replace hallowed ground (which will now be his 3rd skill)with a slightly curved shield around 180 degrees (like half an snow globe) (all these are when it is maxed but has no power strength mods) the barrier has 2500 health maxed (but with no power mods) it heals player (any in a 5m radius behind it)on 50% of the the damage it takes and gives a 25% armor buff,(only the Oberon who casts it doesn't gets the extra buffs) It does not heal Oberon but when Oberon takes damage it heals the barrier, he takes the full damage as normal, but heals the barrier on 50% of the damage he takes, the barrier lasts for 50 seconds, the barrier is about 1.5 meters thick and any enemy making contact with the barrier will take damage similar to the former hallowed ground ( but it will gave 5% radiation proc chance,hey it low but it is something and this is continuous damage remember, plus it's a shield what did you expect? 25%,50%,100%......), any weapons with a punch through of 1.5m or above can penetrate through the barrier.

I'll would call 'Sacred Preservation' or Safeguard.

No.

You've now made Oberon more powerful than Rhino, who is on the edge of what can be considered OP.

No.

You've now made Oberon more powerful than Rhino, who is on the edge of what can be considered OP.

He is on a further planet than rhino, vey hek will get buffed and revamped soon, jackal is easy and before telling me what is overpowered look at trinity. Lots of people say Oberon's renewal is at best a 2nd skill (although it is a 3rd) (and a remember well of life from trinity heals more than it and is only a 1st grade skill) so there you go and also and hallowed ground is not a good defensive skill since it is best on infested pile ups and corridors full of enemies (where smite or your gun can easily make short workof them with less effort and energy) not to mention that Oberon is a slow frame so going door to door, path to path is just to far to much work for an Oberon he is better of with a stationary defense skill similar to frost because they are both arguably the slowest warframes in the game. Edited by Kiyryite

This shield is a bit too dynamic. I don't speak for DE, but it looks like something that may be too complicated to implement.

True.....

{*_*}

Just a thought. I mean look at m-prime or how shadow of the dead is compatible with elemental leader enemies or these new dynamic bosses, guess I was getting a bit too hopeful.

He is on a further planet than rhino, vey hek will get buffed and revamped soon, jackal is easy and before telling me what is overpowered look at trinity. Lots of people say Oberon's renewal is at best a 2nd skill (although it is a 3rd) (and a remember well of life from trinity heals more than it and is only a 1st grade skill) so there you go and also and hallowed ground is not a good defensive skill since it is best on infested pile ups and corridors full of enemies (where smite or your gun can easily make short workof them with less effort and energy) not to mention that Oberon is a slow frame so going door to door, path to path is just to far to much work for an Oberon he is better of with a stationary defense skill similar to frost because they are both arguably the slowest warframes in the game.

So choosing Trinity's God mode, rendering the team invulnerable, is a base point to rebalance and buff frames? Are you out of your mind?

Oberon is average speed and armour. He's not even close to the slowest in the game, if you want that look at Rhino and Frost. And what does Rhino's position on the planets have to do with anything? He's still xp locked until lvl 2, too low in my opinion. Nor does it change the relative strengths of Rhino vs Oberon. What is exactly your point? That Oberon should be buffed because Rhino is on Venus? That's moronic. 

No Oberon is not best against infested, that'd be Ember and Ember Prime or another frame. Radiation has significantly diminished damage vs infested. Now while HG needs a small buff, what you're suggesting is more powerful than Rhino Stomp's CC and approaching Trinity's God Mode healing. 

So choosing Trinity's God mode, rendering the team invulnerable, is a base point to rebalance and buff frames? Are you out of your mind?

Oberon is average speed and armour. He's not even close to the slowest in the game, if you want that look at Rhino and Frost. And what does Rhino's position on the planets have to do with anything? He's still xp locked until lvl 2, too low in my opinion.Nor does it change the relative strengths of Rhino vs Oberon. What is exactly your point? That Oberon should be buffed because Rhino is on Venus? That's moronic.

No Oberon is not best against infested, that'd be Ember and Ember Prime or another frame. Radiation has significantly diminished damage vs infested. Now while HG needs a small buff, what you're suggesting is more powerful than Rhino Stomp's CC and approaching Trinity's God Mode healing.

I tested it both alone and with a friend and yes Oberon is as slow as frost so he should have more armor the he does (also stats can sometimes be bugged like how Dakra on codex used to show the same stats as Cronus) and hallowed ground is poor anything but infested (and short ranged enemies) but it's a damage makes it even fall behind against them also so many people say renewal is a 2nd ability at best because it heals less than well of life which is trinity's tier 1 skill and hallowed ground is just useless so move renewal to 2nd move hallowed ground 3rd then change hallowed ground for something different.

Now rather than aggressively and hastily contradicting me because you don't want Oberon to be better than your rhino (your tears are delicious by the way XD) read it carefully and just think it over, by the way rhino is the slightly faster than frost (tested that too) except if he is wearing a thurk helmet where he becomes the slowest frame and with the vanguard helmet he becomes the third fastest warframe for a slight power reduction, but still a fast tank is rediculous too so don't rage at my ideas (I don't see you give creative ideas or are you just too dull witted for that) it will only feed me your precious tears.

And no, I don't use blessing as a point to base the strength of it on, Im just saying a least it is not as rediculous as nyx's chaos (which is 3rd, my idea is a 3rd to, but mine is a large team support, rather than a 'win button' and they the devs Oberon is s'pose to be a versatile but supportive frame that is meant to be a game changer (like how banshee is versatile but very supportive) similar to a paladin, this change will fix that, it is not 'overpowered is have look, but it is very dynamic and with all of that it may seem too strong also remember I said about half the buffs wouldn't go to Oberon (so the best a solo playing Oberon will get from it is 20% armor gain and some cover) so it is much more suppoutive for his team, I also said that if Oberon take damage (health damage by the way) he takes the full damage but the barrier gets healed on 50% of that damage (without mitigating the damage Oberon takes) this and his renewal would ACTUALLY make him equal I most roles like DE intended, it also means a supportive Oberon player would constantly be sticking his neck out for the team even taking damage to top up the barrier and heal up with his renewal, so... yeah it shouldn't be that overpowered and if Oberon keeps using renewal he will just eventually lose all his energy so has to play conservatively (unless the player feels there is no more need to support and changes role) like a support warframe would, also the barrier can still run out of time and you need to recast and just like frost's snow globe it may seem too strong and inpenatable, but just like it, it will feel balanced and necessary on high tier and endgame missions....

And I hope I didn't type this lengthy reply so you can be a block head, not think it over, not consider what I just said, and say it is still an idea not worth a thought rediculous ).

Now back on topic, nova's m-prime op too (nova was made by the design council so their ideas are even more outrageous), loki's disarm, which practically turns even the highest tier enemies into slower infested with a severe damage debuff, rhino's iron skin which gives him 1250 (1250 that is literally half the health of this barrier idea so the barrier doesn't have too much health and it's not like the barrier follows Oberon) (maxed with no mods added) recast able armored health (technically) for only a second ability that is freaking stupid and damn right rediculous and last but not least.... FREAKING TRINITY the

'Miss Overpowered' herself, with the abilities to:

1) take an enemy out of the fight and turn them into health piñatas. (well of life).

2) make the them enemy disperse energy that her teammates can also absorb and supplies her more energy than she lost casting it. (energy vampire).

3) she becomes 90% damage resistant (at most) and enemies that are linked take the full damage for attack their allies or they do to her, wether they like it or not, it is practically a death sentence for any enemy to be linked (link).

4 full health and shield with temporary invincibility, need I say more.... (blessing)

no doubt trinity has to be the most unbalanced and overpowered warframe in the game, challenges become non existent once you choose a maxed trinity....

So next time 'noob' pay attention before you blurt out complete non-sense.

Edited by Kiyryite

What I got from your long tirade was you aren't good enough to do t3 defences with Oberon, so you want it buffed to Trinity, Nova and Rhino lvls. It always becomes apparent when someone says "noob" they haven't a clue what they're babbling about, as you clearly don't.

And please, ask people here or look at my post history for my views on Rhino and Nova. It's apparent to anyone who isn't blind that I have a fundamental dislike of their abilities or helmets and don't use them.

What you did is make HG moronically OP, and anyone with half a brain would recognise that the buffs and effects you've stacked on there will make it the defensive equivalent of Trinitiy's blessing or Nova's MP, It's push it to the well past the lvl of Frost's Snowglobe before it got nerfed, what level of twisted logic have you used to come to the conclusion that something which. 

1) has the defensive capability of snow globe to shield pods in defence or MD

2) heals the player with 50% of the damage taken (this is hilariously silly)

2) buffs armour by 25% (so we'll have Rhinos sitting there spamming stomp with an armour of 250 with constantly regening HP)

4) damages any enemy which comes in range or contact with it

5) does radiation damage and has a proc chance

6) costs 75 energy (I can spam Reckoning with absolutely no difficulty at the moment and that's more demanding.)

Oh and best of all, this is before mods apply, like intensity, stretch and streamline. All in one power. 

And I take it "I tested it" was sprint and see who got there first? No, it's been datamined. Rhino and Frost remain the slowest frames in the games, Oberon is the average, as is his armour lvl at 65, there are plenty of other frames with significantly worse armour than Oberon's. 

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

Better ideas-

Smite does forcefield damage(ragdolling damage), and the projectiles it shoots at move at a faster velocity and stun enemies 

Hallowed Ground buffs friendly players and mobs, and debuffs enemies and is now cast at Oberon feet. 

Or

Each sucsessive tick of damage will double on a mob 

Renewal Acts the same way, however the animation is should be changed to look less derpy, and the flight of the projectiles should be faster

Reckoning removes armor of hit enemies (I like dis one)

Agreed, he is a FREAKING PALADIN, he needs armor, badly.

We already have trinity for the frail fairy healer type, since his healing properties are worse than those of trinity as well, a good way to distinguish him, give him identity AND make him follow the Paladin theme is by giving him armor, and you are being too humble OP, he needs to have at least more 300 armor, leaving him with 450 armor sounds reasonable to me, since this stat is barely noticeable anyways.

Also, there are so many cool thins they could've done with hallowed ground, and still can, that it amazes me they opted for damage, just plain boring damage.Could've been a buff/debuff/healing ground, could slow enemies down, could grant energy recovery, but now, apparently smite and reckoning weren't good enough to make him offensive and fit the paladin label, along with that excuse of healing ability, there needed to be another damaging ability, a shi**y one.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Also DE needs to stop releasing new warframes and just focus on making the ones available balanced, by all means, keep doing primes since that's just cosmetic, but before releasing new ones fix the ones we have.

Look at nekros, valkyr and oberon, they're all disasters, thankfuly they fixed valkyr and did a pretty good job at that but please keep an eye on oberon, nekros, excal, etc.

Agreed, he is a FREAKING PALADIN, he needs armor, badly.

We already have trinity for the frail fairy healer type, since his healing properties are worse than those of trinity as well, a good way to distinguish him, give him identity AND make him follow the Paladin theme is by giving him armor, and you are being too humble OP, he needs to have at least more 300 armor, leaving him with 450 armor sounds reasonable to me, since this stat is barely noticeable anyways.

Also, there are so many cool thins they could've done with hallowed ground, and still can, that it amazes me they opted for damage, just plain boring damage.Could've been a buff/debuff/healing ground, could slow enemies down, could grant energy recovery, but now, apparently smite and reckoning weren't good enough to make him offensive and fit the paladin label, along with that excuse of healing ability, there needed to be another damaging ability, a shi**y one.

Also DE needs to stop releasing new warframes and just focus on making the ones available balanced, by all means, keep doing primes since that's just cosmetic, but before releasing new ones fix the ones we have.

Look at nekros, valkyr and oberon, they're all disasters, thankfuly they fixed valkyr and did a pretty good job at that but please keep an eye on oberon, nekros, excal, etc.

Now this is common sense ( and you have my full respect for it), rather than just coradicting me, throw some of your own ideas on the table before complaining how bad mine are, besides oberon is a freaking paladin and his 2nd ability and his stats don't don't make him feel like one, paladins are supposed to be muli-role, caster (that are often tanks), they can heal (most of them), they can give team buffs (nope, replace HG), they are often supportive (thus the healing and buffing) they often have one AoE ability (got that), but they DON'T have a gimmicky low DPS, DoT, ability that is only effective on stationary enemies that can be kill faster by any thing else, at least reduce Oberon's speed 0.9 and increase his armor to 150-200.

Reckoning now removes armor on hit enemies.

Hallow Ground now debuffs enemies on it, and buffs allies on it.

Smite now ragdolls in a small AOE around the hit enemy. Flying projectiles stun.

Renewal flies faster, and its turning speed is increased.

Boom.

Reckoning now removes armor on hit enemies.

Hallow Ground now debuffs enemies on it, and buffs allies on it.

Smite now ragdolls in a small AOE around the hit enemy. Flying projectiles stun.

Renewal flies faster, and its turning speed is increased.

Boom.

Don't forget Oberon needs some extra armor, he is a paladin after all.

Throwing in the pot again, since Oberon obviously needs love:

* Hallowed ground - add slow effect. Maybe proc too? (Diversifies utility)

* Reckoning - add brief shield around allies in AOE . Rest as is. (Fits damage+protection theme as all-in-one Ult!)

I like Cwiers ideas too & yeah, more armor (just for some diversity) would be cool!

(They bit off a mess with that "paladin" text mixup and all the baggage it brings though...yeesh. )

I like all these ideas for Oberon. He's currently my favorite frame, and I would like to see a few extras to him.

Jin's Hopeful Wishlist

1) Hallowed Ground has additional effect, whether buff for allies (armour, health, shield, dmg, stamina) or debuff for enemies

2) Renewal heals Sentinels aswell, and maybe it tracks allies better

3) Smite projectiles seek enemies a little better

4) Better % of Health Orb drops for Reckoning (That's just me, I never seem to get them when Reckoning kills)

5) More armour, but I don't know how much. Someone said 300 extra, that sounds okay

That's my thought for Oberon. and shockingly...I have no qualms with his appearance.

-Jin