The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Needs To Be More Imaginative Re: Brakk & Detron.

Whitewolf..UK..

Just because Diablo and other games do things a certain way does not mean Warframe is implimenting them near as succesfully, or that Warframe has enough other interesting mechanics to make putting up with a bad mechanic worthwhile.

Just because other games are worse in regards to grind, randomness, etc, does not make it acceptable in Warframe.

That attitude is absurd. You are basically telling players they should be happy that Warframe is just kicking them in the crotch instead of kicking them in the crotch and punching them in the nose. Most people who are not complete masochists will respond with not seeing an upside to either scenario.

And, frankly, at least some of those other games —like Diablo— that have such mechanics give you some ice cream as an apology after kicking and punching you. Warframe says it will give you ice cream, eventually, after it spins a wheel and rolls some dice, but in the mean time it will keep kicking you until it hits jackpot.

Why? What good reason besides, "I am upset they released the Brakk after the event" do you have for people to have to work harder for an item that is exactly the same as what you got, except it is not automatically equipped with a catalyst and coming with a free weapon slot for the supporters of Grineer. That is pants-on-head $&*&*#(%&. That attitude is one of the things that is holding Warframe back, the attitude of, "I had to walk uphill both ways, in the snow, barefoot, so everyone else better have to do the same or worse."

No wonder DE is afraid to try to change anything in this game for the better, a ton of childish, irrational players clearly don't care about the state of the game, they only care about what effort the game required they put in, and want to ensure everyone else does the same (or more), and who cares if it drives people out of the community. Can't have the unwashed masses making the exclusive club of "I put up with crappy game mechanics in a boring event to get this set of pixels," pointless, apparently.

Change for change's sake is rarely good, but sometimes change is necessary. Warframe needs some change, and atittudes of, "No, I am upset my precious toy will be in the hands of the filthy peasantry! Make them suffer to attain it!" is going to keep Warframe from getting that change. Instead we are going to be doomed to ever more absurd power creep, boring weapon releases, uninspired mission types, and huge gaps in player power potential because some people are too busy whinging that their trials and tribulations will be made meaningless if DE changes mechanics for the better.

Instead of wanting people to work harder you should be wanting them to be enjoying the content, while being able to meet their goals —the only goals the game provides— for gear in a reasonable time frame. Clearly you would rather they not enjoy the content, because then it would make what you had to go through with the Gravidus event pointless. Except, here is the thing, what you went through with the Gravidus event was not pointless; our feedback is what is necessary to keep DE from doing such crappy events again. This is ostensibly a beta, after all.

no no, you mixed everything.

even i can say you only read the part that annoyed you of what i said, so let me start again.

*i dont need another reason, i am upset for the releasing of that weapon, but as DE did it anyway, i am upset THAT THE PLAYER BASE HAS TO FIGHT AGAINST RNG AGAIN, my point was giving the brakk in another event with some work involved, but with a realistic goal at hand, not lottery, 

*and yes, i want newcomers to work harder to get it, sorry if that infuriates you so much.

the brakk release at this point is a artificial way of adding gameplay, for the sake of grinding, like harvester (back to RNG and lazy design)

i dont know if you where here, but frost prime BP was supossed to be exclusive by the time of the moa event, guess what happened? DE did what they wanted to, breaking the previous statement.

so yes, it bothers me that every event get their stuff re-released after some point.

on other side primed chamber was from a previous event, was released again? wanna guess why not?

*second, is not player base whining about nothing what brings all you say (valid points btw about powercreep, etc), because as DE showed to us, they do what they want with their game.

they dont hear founders

they dont hear veterans

*there is your example, many as myself did not want the brakk re-released, you have it here again (yay! DE defeated the bad meany players who wants exclusives!.) but with layers and layers of RNG with it.

your change that defeated evil persons like me bring better gameplay? a better warframe game as a whole?l ess RNG?

*the brakk is a bait to endure another month of grinding until they release some other stuff to bandaid this game, if you cant see that i cant show it, is there.

*there is not a single poll in the site to try to ask for real feedback or opinions, so everything you mentioned is DE being DE, not players giving their opinion, as DE do what they want anyway.

*if you do some digging, you will find i was ok, even defended in the forums the idea of volt and banshee being clan tech, was stupid to play lottery to get regular warframes (if i were so greedy i would be in a rage burst for newcomers to get something that took me 3 months of luck to get , both, volt and banshee, you are barking at the wrong tree here, i dont want others to suffer what we have being through, but events rewards are different IMO)

DE pushed more and now every reinforcement is clan tech (DE do what they want, dont blame the whining players  for this company mistakes).

*finally, so i must believe for what you wrote is that everything that is bad in warframe is because someone wants to keep their snipetron vandal exclusive, and not for uninspired design, lazy fixes, and wild, bad implemented RNG

Edited by omega_phoenix