Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Grin Tak - The Grineer Tenno

LxLawliet

During the Gradivus Dilemma (and the subsequent revelation of the Zanuka Project), the Grineer also worked on another secret project...the creation of a Grineer Tenno, made out of body augmentations and cloned flesh.
After many failed attempts, their combined efforts seemingly proved successful - and the first Grineer-made Tenno was born...codename: Grin Tak.

What the Grineer, however, failed to replicate was the Tenno's use of energy. As a result, they gave him access to the newest Grineer technology they had in possession prior to his desertation.

General
Name: Grin Tak
Theme: Grineer

Base Stats
Health: 75 (225)    -> to mirror the genetic instability
Shields: 150 (450)    -> mirrors the body augmentations
Power: 0 (0)        -> Instead, it's "Heat Level"
Armor: 150        -> mirrors the body augmentations
Sprint: 0.9        -> mirrors genetic instability and body augmentations
Polarities: 4x =, 1x D, 1x V    -> For Redirection and Intensify

Abilities
Grin Tak has no energy, and most of his abilities have no real cooldown - however, excessive use will "overheat" Grin Tak (represented by the energy meter rising). If he reaches critical levels, his armor and shields will start to crumble, to the point where they reach 1 (Heat Level maximum is 300). Not using any ability for a certain amount of time (5s+) will "cool" him down by 5 units per second. There can be a special mod for him which increases the cooldown amount.

Cooldown: Time before ability can be used again
Heat Level: "Overheat" mentioned in the text before

Ability #1 - Gun Turret (Cooldown: 5s, Heat Level: +25)
"Grin Tak summons a gun turret to aid in the battle."

- Turret has three guns, can target up to 3 enemies
- Deals 50/100/150 Puncture Damage (not affected by Power Strength)
- Projectiles are hitscan
- Fires in salvos, one salvo is 10 shots. Total of 6 salvos, 3 seconds cooldown between salvos (applies for each gun, so each gun shoots 60 bullets)
- Turret detects enemies in a radius of 5/10/15m, affected by Power Range
- Turret can be targeted and destroyed
- Can be called back by pressing 1 again

Ability #2 - Double Gunner (Cooldown: 1s, Heat Level: +50)
"Grin Tak puts out his primary and secondary for simultaneous use."

- Primary in left hand, secondary in right hand
- Left click uses primary, right click uses secondary (no zoom), pressing both will use both weapons
- Usetime is 5/9/13 seconds, affected by Power Duration
- No damage increase
- Instant reload (no reload animation)

Ability #3 - Defense Migration (Cooldown: 1s, Heat Level +75)
"Grin Tak migrates his entire health and armor onto his shields, increasing them and their recharge speed."

- Migrates all but 1 Health to shields
- Shields increase correlates with total health (1000 shields + 400 Health = 1399 Shields)
- Recharge speed is increased by 200%, affected by Power Strength (base value: 2.0)
- Reaching 0 shields will instantly recharge his shields to the amount of armor he has (200 armor = +200 more shields when 0), dropping armor to 1
- Duration: 10 seconds, not affected by Power Duration

Ability #4 - Vent Lock (Cooldown: 20s, Heat Level +100)
"Grin Tak closes all vents on his body to store the heat he produces which he then releases in an giant explosion."

- Ability cannot be used while heat level is >=200
- Allows Grin Tak to temporary bypass the maximum Heat Level (300)
- Stores heat for a new maximum of 400/600/800, affected by Power Strength
- Upon reaching maximum OR time limit (10s), Grin Tak will "explode", causing 1000*Heat Level Blast Damage, with 100% proc chance. Not affected by Power Strength or Duration
- Explosion will reduce health to 1
- Heat Level will be at 200 for 20s

I'd love to add some concept art to show how I envision him (and the turret + abilities), but if there's something I am really, really bad in, it's art and drawing. In any case, feedback is greatly appreciated. Abilities and stats are subject to change.

Edited by LxLawliet

shouldn't is be called Fake Skum?

And shouldn't I rather call his abilities "Stay Close To The Walls" and "Combat Formation Bravo"? Decisions, decisions...

I +1 this, as this is a neat idea, and could be taken into consideration. However, the lore behind it is a bit.... sketchy.I'd like to see how this comes along though

I came up with this on spot, and didn't really think this through. It's just a lame excuse of an intro, don't mind it.

I'l draw another concept like how i did on Shasva's post if you want me to. This is incredibly awesome thinking of the Grineer trying to match a Tenno.

I'd be most grateful if you do that for me. Draw him like one of your french girls you envision him, just remember that he's made from metal and cloned flesh.

Ability #2 - Double Gunner - What if I equip Penta and Castanas? D:

Infinite carnage and mayhem? I don't know, I never used the Penta or Castanas...

The fact is that both Penta and Castanas require right-click to trigger their remote charges.

Hm...I can only think of two solutions:

1. Charges detonate the instant they hit the ground

2. Remote trigger is temporary reassigned to another hotkey, preferably 2. Would trigger charges no matter from what weapon they came from