Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Real "cost" Of 24-Hour Revives

NoCatharsis

1.) Make level 10 or less warframes have no revive limits?

2.) Make the starter zones have no revive limits?

3.) Remove revives entirely?

4.) Make downed state durations longer?

5.) Put a help button beside the revives list so people can read about them?

6.) Make only supercharged warframes have a revive limit?

5, the system is fine as is, it just needs to be explained more clearly for the small % of people who will find it's implication unclear initially.

all he did was make assumptions without so much as a try to verify them even once. also not played around and stumbled upon his mistake by accident. didn't ask in the chat or the forums, went straight for wall-of-text "i discovered this important issue"... remind me why again do DE have to be considerate of people like these?

Edited by SlyBoots

It isn't important that the OP is wrong about not being able to play after losing the revives, the important thing is that they thought that and stoppped playing the game. And many other players probably have thought the same thing and left the game. This game NEEDS players to succeed, and losing them over a simple mechanic like this that could easily be changed seems like a tremendous waste.

Funny, I never saw anything mentioned on this during the closed beta. Not a single player had a problem with this.

I think this is simply a case of learning how to play. Cant take the player by the hand around every corner.

Only if the first thread is edited to provide properly accurate information and not the "I assume this thus it is fact and here's what'll happen because of this now-fact" fiasco it currently is. Otherwise, a terrible idea in its current form as it has great potential in spreading false information.

No need to mislead new players who read only the first post.

Agree, The title is missleading.

Modify title and get it pinned would be great.

Thanks for the suggestion.

all he did was make assumptions without so much as a try to verify them even once. also not played around and stumbled upon his mistake by accident. didn't ask in the chat or the forums, went straight for wall-of-text "i discovered this important issue"... remind me why again do DE have to be considerate of people like these?

Funny, I never saw anything mentioned on this during the closed beta. Not a single player had a problem with this.

I think this is simply a case of learning how to play. Cant take the player by the hand around every corner.

Wow, nice job wasting a couple pages on semantics battles. Anyone with their head screwed on right would at least try to to play without revives just to see if it's possible.

So I caught the bus to flame town. I think I have stressed several times that this entire thread was started as a source of constructive criticism to be used as feedback for the developers. It's their choice to take it or leave it, but why bring me down for giving my thoughts?

Op totally ditched this thread after he saw the replies lol. It's ok Op, We all acheive Durp Mode everyone once in a while. ;)

And no I never ditched. I did a follow-up reply 2 days ago that was longer than my original post. I've read every single post since. Sometimes people get busy.

On a separate note, I also vote to have the general premise of this post revised, edited for clarity, and pinned for the benefit of other new characters. It would have helped me. I feel it would help others understand.

So I caught the bus to flame town. I think I have stressed several times that this entire thread was started as a source of constructive criticism to be used as feedback for the developers. It's their choice to take it or leave it, but why bring me down for giving my thoughts?

And no I never ditched. I did a follow-up reply 2 days ago that was longer than my original post. I've read every single post since. Sometimes people get busy.

On a separate note, I also vote to have the general premise of this post revised, edited for clarity, and pinned for the benefit of other new characters. It would have helped me. I feel it would help others understand.

You made a thread saying that you were locked out of your character for 24 hours and that it was ruining the game. And now you're dumping on the revive system even though a ton of people don't even use the revives most days. Your "constructive criticism" isn't backed up with facts.

People are tired of players needlessly whining. Don't expect them to be happy with a thread like this. The only good thing that can be said is that you didn't say that you rage quit the game immediately on the basis of your misunderstanding and expected everyone to care.

Tl;dr People prefer it if you think on it for a bit before saying bad stuff about a game they enjoy. Seeing someone spout baseless nonsense about a game enjoy can be pretty annoying.

Okay so we have all basically agreed (except for that one guy that's the Jesus of viedo games) that there is a problem here because people aren't perfect and we all make mistakes?

While I agree that a tutorial could be helpful, I don't think it goes far enough. What else can we do to prevent new players from rage-quitting before they've taken the time to understand the revive system?

1.) Make level 10 or less warframes have no revive limits?

2.) Make the starter zones have no revive limits?

3.) Remove revives entirely?

4.) Make downed state durations longer?

5.) Put a help button beside the revives list so people can read about them?

6.) Make only supercharged warframes have a revive limit?

Because taking out revives will make the game totally not easy. And people won't still come raging to the forums when they die in later levels after having been giving a free pass at first.

Tutorials are the only worthwhile suggestion and even then I'm not sure that people that can't figure out something so simple on their own can be helped. They will still rage to the forums first.

Edited by Aggh

You were never flamed once in this topic. You made a long winded post based on a false premise, then an even longer response that did not address the fact that you just assumed that the word Revive means something else then what it actually means and hid behind the fact that is not explained enough.

People pointing out that this serously is much less of a problem then you and a few others in this thread make it out to be are not flaming you. Neither are the people pointing out that seriously, this whole thing can be avoided by 2 clicks.

For whatever reason you assume that a significant group of players would assume they cannot play without the game telling them so, without anyhting then your own speculation.

Also, you have just voted to have your own thread revised instead of doing it yourself and letting this thread die in obscurity. Waiting it pinned is just icing on the cake.

@ no carthasis: if you don't want to distinguish between "flame" and "argument" then so be it.

@ zonzai: yeah, really, we are absolute A******s, you sure see through us on basis of some posts in a thread on the internet.

Edited by SlyBoots

Wow, I've never seen a warframe thread of so many A******s. I'll take my warning for that comment. You guys have earned it.

I was going to reply to the last handful of comments, which I generally interpreted as aggressive. However, this comment seems to express my impression of the Warframe gaming community as a whole, after only 72 hours joining it.

I might go beyond & say that I've never been in any forum where so little help, objectivity, and just general friendliness was expressed. There are a few of you guys, I'm sure you know who you are, that have made me feel truly unwelcome to this game. That is such a disservice to the developers & the people who have put real effort into working on a quality product that could use minor polishing efforts to become great.

The only thing I can do to compliment the creators of the game at this point is say that I apologize for catalyzing this atmosphere of strife. If my tone suggested ill will towards the game, the developers, or those who play - I am sorry. As stated previously - I want to re-emphasize that I never schemed to ignite the aggression I have seen popping up in my inbox for 3 days now, due to my views expressed in my OP & subsequent posts. In fact, I admit falling victim to the hypocritical approach I may have taken at times within my own responsive wording.

Overall, I have quite literally spent far more time explaining my original misunderstandings of the game than I have spent actually playing the game. So again, apologies to those who felt insulted or attacked by my personal outlook on a video game in which I have now invested a total of 2-3 hours. Apologies moreover for misunderstandings & misdirections caused by or augmented by my own responses, probably totaling 4-5 hours between reading & replying.

I do not think I will quit the game, because it was fun. I only hope I am not placed randomly into missions alongside some of the players that have expressed their hostility toward my commentary as a brand new player. The problem just may not lie with the game, but with the gaming community. I do not except myself from that group, but I would hope to be an instrument of solution rather than... whatever this has become.

@ no carthasis: if you don't want to distinguish between "flame" and "argument" then so be it.

@ zonzai: yeah, really, we are absolute A******s, you sure see through us on basis of some posts in a thread on the internet.

I wasn't really talking about you. At first the replies were fine. Then it became a semantic argument. Then it became a you're flaming me rant. Now it's just a waste of time to even read the thread.

I was going to reply to the last handful of comments, which I generally interpreted as aggressive. However, this comment seems to express my impression of the Warframe gaming community as a whole, after only 72 hours joining it.

Why follow it with more aggression then? I think you're right about the perception issue but you're not helping your case much.

Anyway, no hard feelings to anybody. I get upset when I see people turn a conversation into an argument over semantics because one of my brothers is a political scientist and the other one is a psychologist and they can't talk about the same thing even when they're talking about the same thing. Which seems to be what happened to this thread. Maybe we could just start working on a new player FAQ? That would be much more productive than arguing petty details like spoiled children.

a FAQ or tooltips should do the trick. then again the tutorial as a whole could be updated to include wallrunning and stuff and some kind of introduction to the mod system wouldn't be out of place - based on my experience with answering questions in the chat.

Edited by SlyBoots