Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Avatars?!

FanaticGamer

I was wondering if you guys are working on synching your in-game avatar with the forum one?

Or let us choose from some here? Maybe even allow us to upload our own?

I mean, right now, buying the avatars in-game is kinda worthless, as you can only see it yourself yes?

wio9px.jpg

Edited by FanaticGamer

Not true, Overlord Rebecca (DERebecca) has a Lotus Avatar. I guess that's appropriate though, considering he's/she's our Overlord.

But anyway, yea. Would be nice to have different avatars. Would have been awesome to have an avatar on the forums depending on which WarFrame you started off with (like it would be Volt avatar if you chose Volt).

--Edit--

I just got an idea from that. Just a tiny thing really. What if the quality of the avatar depending on the WarFrame's rank? Like I have a Volt rank 30, would it be like a Volt avatar, with high quality picture and really shiney and bordered with something awesome like barbed wire (lol)?

Edited by WallyDin

I think that they should link the forums in with the game, so the Icon you have for your Profile ingame is also your Forum Avatar (could change it so rank matches ingame to but dont know if thats such a good idea) as long as they add an excalibur prime pic for Hunters and up of corse im game for that :P

Not true, Overlord Rebecca (DERebecca) has a Lotus Avatar. I guess that's appropriate though, considering he's/she's our Overlord.

But anyway, yea. Would be nice to have different avatars. Would have been awesome to have an avatar on the forums depending on which WarFrame you started off with (like it would be Volt avatar if you chose Volt).

--Edit--

I just got an idea from that. Just a tiny thing really. What if the quality of the avatar depending on the WarFrame's rank? Like I have a Volt rank 30, would it be like a Volt avatar, with high quality picture and really shiney and bordered with something awesome like barbed wire (lol)?

...Congratulations, you just figured out how to make people grind for... shinier avatars.

I think that they should link the forums in with the game, so the Icon you have for your Profile ingame is also your Forum Avatar (could change it so rank matches ingame to but dont know if thats such a good idea) as long as they add an excalibur prime pic for Hunters and up of corse im game for that :P

I actually like that idea, but have a few tweaks. What if it's like Dragon Age Origin's character icon that you could make for your protagonist. You'd get a picture of their head, and could toy around with it before choosing a final image. Then players could customize the look and colors and then it'll be a static image. Makes for easy avatars, but I imagine the devs may prefer still selling some custom avatars of their own. That said, they could always just offer new ones that aren't of a player's Warframe (lets face it, with three factions, they could easily make at least three new avatar packs).