Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host And Ennemy Damage Is Broken !

Stew360

Ive notice and test this out many times with friends

Been the host in this game = Getting as twice if not more damage from the incoming ennemy fire

When you are the host your under the impression of been one shot or 2 shot many times compare to when your not the host

I have take some level 30 caracter with 200 to 300 health and 150 to 300 + shield etc.. and i was dying faster in some high level maps than a level 0 rhino as a Non host

whats is going on why the ennmy seams to focus on the host player much more why is the ennemy fire seams to deal more damage to the host player ?

These questions need answer and a solution

I'm almost positive that no extra damage is delt to host of the game, its possible they would be more aware of it if the damage is calculated on the host side rather the other players as they would then sync faster then their friends. Though if i had to account this perception of being the main target of the AI to anything i would say self deception is most to blame, if you think your taking more damage then other players then your more likely notice this much more even if player choices are to account for this damage

As for a level 30 character taking more damage then a rhino at a lower level this is caused by more then just the game hating the host. Rhino has the (if not some of the highest) base armor values in the game. Armor reduces incoming damage to HP (doesnt include shield) by a % of the incoming damage. The exact formula i dont know but if we assume that rhino has 50% more armor then the other warframe in question (Base stats only) he would in thoery take 50% (base on formula) less damage then his seemly stronger teammate, who may have a poor warframe mod setup.

Unfortunatly something like this would be near impossible to test with a AI system, due to their choices being based on proximity and several other varibles I would assume such as avalible cover and even possibly amount of damage they can inflict. The only way to properly test this would be a dev in a blank room providing no varibles to the AI and an equal distance to two identical players, one being the game host and one being a connected player.

Edited by Rander032

Unfortunatly something like this would be near impossible to test with a AI system, due to their choices being based on proximity and several other

Its not a scientifical test

But none of my friends want to play as the host anymore lol , we are humans and we work on feeling and we notice thing base on those feeling and feedback responce ,

We do all of us , notice thats no matter whats is our caracter while playing the host we die faster , more weird shot happen when you feel been (( oneshot or two shot )) , its all about the feeling and feedback , also the ennemy seams to be less aware of your presence and are less agressive when you are not the host player

this is what it does to me and all peoples i know all 20 of them we just discuss about that today on team speak , while playing as a NON host i can play as a really low level in pretty high difficulty maps and remain alive with ease doying the same thing as a host is nearly impossible or much more risky so yeah iam pretty confident there is something here to look into

Edited by Stew360