Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns Nerfed Again?

Noble_Cactus

You mean they're designed to work like shotguns? Holy S#&$ worst gun ever, must buff. It's not like they INSTAGIB anything in front of you or anything under 15m or anything.

If they worked like actual shotguns they have much tighter spread up close and would still be damn good even at 30-40m.  If you add slugs to the equation then it's still possible to hit ~100m or so.  Sadly, video game shotguns are nothing like real life shotguns.

*tosses another mod in the trash bin

i think de balances weapons  based on the "survival of the fittest" rule, all the weapons that are already good get better, hek (puncture based) couldn't care less about this fix and for phage and drakgoon more electricity is a better choice, it basically was just only meant to kill impact shotguns... (you couldn't really equip this on boar prime anyway as it already chews ammo at a crazy rate so that's not affected)

Did you not read the thread? They're not even the best at their intended role. The rapid fire weapons all perform the role of a shotgun much better than a shotgun, and at farther ranges too. If a whole class of weapons is intended to be pigeonholed into a restrictive role, at least make them awesome at doing just that.

You obviously haven't used the boar prime. Or the boar. Or the drakgoon. Or the phage... I'll stop there.

You can stop there.

Boar series has horrid ammo economy for the damage dealt against high level enemies. And you have to get very close to do that. I would much rather use something that has better ammo economy for the damage dealt (and can deal it at farther ranges), like the Synapse, Boltor Prime, Burston Prime, etc.

Drak is in a better spot since it has no falloff and does decent damage up close for its ammo economy, but you are again better off using a Synapse, Soma, etc. in its stead.

I will give you Phage even if it is a shotgun in name only and operates nothing like any of the traditional hitscan shotties. It does obscene damage despite the shotgun and continuous nerfs and works at its intended ranges due to its unconventional firing pattern.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I will give you Phage even if it is a shotgun in name only and operates nothing like any of the traditional hitscan shorties.

Phage>All primary shotguns, for the simple reason it counts all 7 beams as one for damage procs, when fully focused. I hate the new way status procs work for drakgoon, and it is no where near as good as it was first week.

The problem with this change is only 1 shotgun is primarily puncture damage, so this mod is now worse than useless.  For every gun except Hek, using this mod instead of Shotgun Spazz is a mistake.  Accelerated Blast no longer has a reason to exist.  Having it as a Nightmare mode reward is a cruel hoax.

What they should have done is made Accelerated Blast useful to all shotguns, like Blaze, and reduced the 60% puncture damage to something lower to compensate.

The puncture damage no longer apply to overall damage like elemental mod. It's a huge damage loss for elemental shotgun. The mod went from awesome to worthless for Phage. Nerf/fix whatever you call it. The end result is shotgun losing a huge chunk of dps