Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Items Should Occupy Same Slot As Non-Prime Counterpart

NikolaiLev

I have never liked how prime weapons are straight upgrades from their non-prime counterparts.  While prime frames tend to be softgrades (they have an extra forma, different polarities, and some neat but ultimately unnecessary interactions) weapons are almost always statistically better.

So, if you like regular weapons aesthetically, you're forced to gimp yourself.  What's worse is if you want to have both, you have to use two slots for what is effectively the same weapon, with different stats.

Thus, I propose the ability to choose prime status per item; you equip a Braton, and then choose whether or not you're using Braton or Braton Prime.  It's like a skin, except with stats attached (though I wouldn't mind if you could transfer the prime stats back to its non-prime counterpart once you've obtained the prime version).

So, say you own Ember.  You then craft Ember Prime.  You don't need another slot, you just go to Ember, change to Ember Prime, and there you go.  It'd work the other way around, too.

If DE make the Prime variants into skins for the non-Primes, then they could always credit players a Forma for each time they'd polarised whatever went away.

I'm not suggesting they'd strictly be skins, though I wouldn't mind if that was the case.  They're more like stat helmets.

This is a good idea.  It would cut into the sale of blue potatoes a bit, so to remedy this, make it a one-time upgrade for your weapon that requires a potato, but maybe retains the forma that you have put into the weapon, and is skinnable, for extra customization. 

Or have it a craftable skin (since they are currently already a craft item) that uses a potato or forma.

I'm not suggesting they'd strictly be skins, though I wouldn't mind if that was the case.  They're more like stat helmets.

Now that you mention it, yeah, that's for the best.

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to select the Immortal skin.

Probably just call it the "Chassis" or "Model" option or something like that.

Prime weapons have different stats from their base, and often weaker, counterparts. 

As is, slots are really the only legitimate thing they can sell to the playerbase, and they are dirt cheap.

12 plat for 2 weapon slots.

Trading exists for a reason you know.

This is a good idea.  It would cut into the sale of blue potatoes a bit, so to remedy this, make it a one-time upgrade for your weapon that requires a potato, but maybe retains the forma that you have put into the weapon, and is skinnable, for extra customization. 

Or have it a craftable skin (since they are currently already a craft item) that uses a potato or forma.

Honestly, I don't see why you're trying to put more work on yourselves.  It should just be an alternative model with stats (or not) attached to them.

Prime weapons have different stats from their base, and often weaker, counterparts. 

As is, slots are really the only legitimate thing they can sell to the playerbase, and they are dirt cheap.

12 plat for 2 weapon slots.

Trading exists for a reason you know.

This really isn't constructive feedback at all.  I'm trying to improve the game, not receive financial opinions.

I see what you mean here.

Basically, do what they did for Warframes and their Helmets having different benefits, except with weapons!

Yup!

This thread was made before mine, but in mine I describe the whole process a bit more:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/192847-make-primes-into-appearance-items/

Everything remains the same, just the Prime/Vandal/Wraith skins become... just skins. They just become equippable modifiers to your Warframe.

Huh.  Neat.  Glad to see more people want this!