The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lagging In The Menu

Skywalker666

Hello

First of all, sorry if it has been posted already, I couldn't find it.

Also, I've been afk for the last few months, and just came back, so I can't really narrow the new behavior to a specific update.

The problem is: the menu is slow. Not technically lagging, but it feels slow, as if the mouse was heavy. It is also not consistent : for example, when looking at a zoomed-out map of the solar system, the mouse is normal on the edges (where there is nothing), but slow on the system itself.

From personal experience, it is something which is kinda common for console games which were later ported to a mouse interface, but it doesn't mean it cannot be fixed.

The problem shouldn't be my PC's specs, since I have absolutely no problem ingame. And I doubt the menu would require more processing power than the game itself!

CPU : Intel i7 4702MQ

GPU : nV GTX 760M

RAM : 12 GB (827 MB used by warframe)

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is there a known work-around?

Thanks

Hm, v-sync was on Auto, turning it On doesn't change anything, but turning it Off seems to fix it.

Interestingly though, the GPU usage plot shows that warframe without v-sync puts my GPU at a permanent 100% usage, while with v-sync, it wanders around 50%.

Also, the problem seems much lighter (if not completely gone) in window-mode.

Edit: The FPS is 60ish, maybe more steady in "non-lag areas", but it doesn't go below 55 anyway.

Frame rate : 16ms

Edited by Skywalker666