The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rough Summation Of Devstream 24

-FV-Runehawk

Hail, Tenno!

This lacks any essence of formality and I apologize, but I thought I'd relay a quick summary for those that may not have had the chance to watch today's devstream. I'm sure someone's working on a polished version even as I write this, but please bear with me for now. 

====================

- Melee 2.0 release date unknown. Still a lot of touching up to do. They showed two melee combos though -- the latter of which was absolutely amazing. I'll attempt to describe it in words. Ahem.

SLAM SCYTHE INTO GROUND FORWARD FLIP USING SCYTHE AS LEVERAGE SLAM SCYTHE INTO GROUND AGAIN KICK SCYTHE UP INTO THE AIR AND SEND IT SPINNING DASH FORWARD AND CATCH THE SCYTHE AND EXECUTE FINISHING SLAM. 

Basically. 

- Llama-dog that was shown in a previous stream will serve as a new enemy; existing factions may have their own modified and tamed versions of them. There is also a Tenno version that serves as a Sentinel replacements. Assets were shown of the Llama-dog. It uh, it can run on walls. 

- Discussion on Tenno Reinforcements. Less focus on adding weapons, and more focus on adding skins/cosmetics/customization options. Showcased more syndanas. Other accessories will be available as well -- Scott hinted at accessories for one's melee weapon. 

- The hub system (Vesper Relay) is of course, being worked on. There will be one hub that orbits each of the existing planets. A stress-test for this will be initialized soon. 

- The Infested will once again have their place in the star chart. Where exactly is unknown, but they will have their own tile-sets. 

- Very rough sketch of "Tenno ship". When you log in, you'll no longer see yourself as a giant sitting atop the solar system. Instead, you'll be taken to your ship, which will presumably act as an interface that allows you access everything you can access currently (Foundry, Market, Inbox, etc)

- No difficulty adjustment planned for the Tethra Project. However, something happened. You'll probably want to check your in-game inbox. 

EDIT: The Tethra's Doom event page has been updated: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189811-pc-event-tethras-doom/

- The best ending anyone has ever seen on a devstream. I cannot say anything other than: Please watch the stream at your earliest convenience. Preferably when it's dark and you're home alone. 

- Orokin Catalyst alert on Hyperion, Saturn. 

====================

Once again, I apologize for the quality of this summary. If I missed anything, please let me know. Feel free to post any screencaps you may have taken in regards to the stream. 

~Runehawk
Edited by Runehawk

- Discussion on Tenno Reinforcements. Less focus on adding weapons, and more focus on adding skins/cosmetics/customization options. Showcased more syndanas. Other accessories will be available as well -- Scott hinted at accessories for one's melee weapon. 

Thank you DE, my wallet is ready.

- Very rough sketch of "Tenno ship". When you log in, you'll no longer see yourself as a giant sitting atop the solar system. Instead, you'll be taken to your ship, which will presumably act as an interface that allows you access everything you can access currently (Foundry, Market, Inbox, etc)

I'll actually miss that.

I kind of liked the feel and vibe it gave off.

It looked especially cool in the introductory trailers where they had several at once (and when we could see our squadmmates around the "campfire" so to speak).

RIP Solar Chart, it was cool while it lasted.

"Less focus on adding weapons, and more focus on adding skins/cosmetics/customization options. Showcased more syndanas. Other accessories will be available as well -- Scott hinted at accessories for one's melee weapon."

And let me guess, you can only get them with platinum?

"Less focus on adding weapons, and more focus on adding skins/cosmetics/customization options. Showcased more syndanas. Other accessories will be available as well -- Scott hinted at accessories for one's melee weapon."

Ha, well I'm not gonna try to side against you on that one. I can only assume that the bulk of the equipment must be purchased, with the odd piece being given out as an event reward. But we'll see how things play out. 

Most cosmetics are plat only.

This is a good thing.  It should be encouraged.

Most cosmetics are plat only.

This is a good thing.  It should be encouraged.

Yeah, and, how is that? "Well, we weren't making enough money off you guys, so instead of giving you a nice, new weapon every week that you can either wait and make or buy from us, we're going to be giving you a cash-only item!"

Yeah, and, how is that? "Well, we weren't making enough money off you guys, so instead of giving you a nice, new weapon every week that you can either wait and make or buy from us, we're going to be giving you a cash-only item!"

Who's talking about weapons?  I'm not.  Mastery fodder gets boring, anyway.

Actually it's more along the lines of "The community isn't happy with more guns all the time, so we're going to use the guys who design things to make cosmetics instead."

Actually it's more along the lines of "The community isn't happy with more guns all the time, so we're going to use the guys who design things to make cosmetics instead."

baby steps.... next they'll figure out that the same guys who design guns and cosmetics can create enemies variants as well.

Instead of weapons, we are getting cash-only cosmetic items every week. How is that an improvement?

because creating new weapons every week leads to a glut of slight upgrades to existing weapons, making old content obsolete and new content dull.

better to release 1 awesome, non-sidegrade, non-direct-upgrade weapon once a month than 4 numerical stat changes/boosts/reskins.

Instead of weapons, we are getting cash-only cosmetic items every week. How is that an improvement?

People (including me) have been complaining about the weapons being released every week, because they would rather see DE concentrate on other things.

They can't please everybody. Some people want the cosmetic items, others don't..

Edited by WEREsandrock

People (including me) have been complaining about the weapons being released every week, because they would rather see DE concentrate on other things.

They can't please everybody. Some people want the cosmetic items, others don't..

There will always be two sides to every argument, and it's just a matter of striking a balance. I'd also welcome other treats asides from a reskinned-weapon-that-I'll-likely-Rank-'n'-Trash. It'd be refreshing to see other cosmetics in the game.