Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Were To Assign "roles" To Warframes... (And What Role Do You Think They Should Fulfill?)

Spliffy_McGee

What do you think the different catagories would be?  This is all theoretical, of course, but I like catagorizing things that don't need it, and this is what I came up with:

-- TANK  (Most defensive abilities, often slowest run speed)
Frost
Rhino
Saryn
Valkyr

-- HEALER (Varying stats - healing abilities)
Oberon
Trinity

-- STRIKER (Low defenses, high speed, and high damage)
Ash
Ember
Excalibur
Loki
Nova
Volt

-- CONTROLLER (Varying stats - crowd control abilities)
Banshee
Mag
Nekros
Nyx
Vauban
Zephyr

Edit: Gonna change up the topic just a little bit.

First question:

What role do you think each Warframe SHOULD fill?

Second question:

What role do you think each Warframe CURRENTLY fills?

Also, how EFFECTIVELY does it fill that role?

Discuss.

Edited by Spliffy_McGee

Excalibur starts being an all rounder and towards the end of the game turns into a really good support warframe.

I'd say he's all about crowd control.

He is pretty good support, the only reason I put him as Striker is cuz he has two DPS abilities, and only one cc ability.

I know a lot of people call Rhino a tank but really I cant see it.

Most of the ones I end up playing with die, a ton.

That's just a case of user-error there.

Having Loki in the so-called "Striker" list is proof of how wrong his invisibility is.

Loki is support. He is ment to be support, not the ultimate death machine. His switch teleport is support. His decoy is support. His radial disarm is support.

Loki should only be invisible for as long as he doesn't attack.

Having Loki in the so-called "Striker" list is proof of how wrong his invisibility is.

Loki is support. He is ment to be support, not the ultimate death machine. His switch teleport is support. His decoy is support. His radial disarm is support.

Loki is only meant to support himself so that he can deal damage.

He is a trickster, not support.

Wrong, completely wrong. But I don't blame you. It's DE's lack of talent for videogame balance fault.

Sorry, but no. I am entirely correct.

Learn2LokiMasterRace

Decoy and Radial Disarm are pretty supporting tbh. He's a supportive sweeper.

Just because other people benefit from them doesn't make him a "support class".

He is your archetypical "thief/wizard trickster" archtype.

Edited by Brimir

The way I see it, his biggest factor is the Stealth 4x Melee damage boost (same for Ash, sadly).  He's meant to f*** sh*t up and bail out at high speeds.  Ergo, Striker.

imo obv

The way I see it, his biggest factor is the Stealth 4x Melee damage boost (same for Ash, sadly).  He's meant to f*** sh*t up and bail out at high speeds.  Ergo, Striker.

So radial disarm and decoy are meaningless to you.

Again, I won't blame you. Perma-invisibility+ 4x bonus damage vs dumb enemies who won't react to attacks is just too good.

Probably your friends would like you to use the radial disarm but who cares anyway. It's not like Warframe was a team game, right?

@The guy at DE in charge of (destroying) balance: you take note of how much you failed doing your job. People actually think Loki is an attack character.

Edited by Phantasmo

So radial disarm and decoy are meaningless to you.

Again, I won't blame you. Perma-invisibility+ 4x bonus damage vs dumb enemies who won't react to attacks is just too good.

Probably your friends would like you to use the radial disarm but who cares anyway. It's not like Warframe was a team game, right?

I love how you call a melee ability overpowered. In this, the Age of Soma, you dare freakin' call melee overpowered.

You better stop playing now, before Melee 2.0 lands because I'm foreseeing amazing things for Loki (and Ash) when it does.

Just because other people benefit from them doesn't make him a "support class".

He is your archetypical "thief/wizard trickster" archtype.

Um

Support means: to give other players an advantage of sorts. Those powers are supports.

Also, do you know what sweepers are? Sweepers are a type of fighting strategy that rush in and deal lots of damage quickly in short periods of time. They're meant to do a lot of damage quickly, like Loki. Sweepers also have another thing about them, though: they are easy to kill. Loki is very easy to kill if you don't stay on your toes. Luckily invisibility gives him the benefits of sweeping without the disadvantages...if you can keep it up.

I know a lot of people call Rhino a tank but really I cant see it.

Most of the ones I end up playing with die, a ton.

*Game starts*

*Press number 2 or whatever key you have assigned to activate Honey Badger Mode*

*Not give a F*** about any forms of damage, CC, or Negative Effects as you roflstomp all the bad guys*

Any Questions?

Gonna change up the topic just a little bit.

First question:

Second question:

Discuss.

Edited by Spliffy_McGee

*Game starts*

*Press number 2 or whatever key you have assigned to activate Honey Badger Mode*

*Not give a F*** about any forms of damage, CC, or Negative Effects as you roflstomp all the bad guys*

Any Questions?

You forgot to mention Vanguard's OP speed bonus.

He renders irrelevant every other warframe in the game.

Crowd control? Not needed, he can out run any enemy.

Healers? Not needed, he can tank damage like a stone wall.

Mobility/scouts? Not needed, he can out run them too.

Rhino is another mistake.

Rhino has the resilience of a tank, the speed of a scout and then he's an area stunner too. And he has damage bonus. And he charges into mele.

Seriously, I just don't know what were they thinking when they greenlighted his design.

Edited by Phantasmo

Gonna change up the topic just a little bit.

First question:

Second question:

Discuss.

Valkyr - Crazy melee DPS

Remove invulnerability from Hysteria.

Remove the claws from Hysteria, make it power up your current melee weapon and keep the CC immunity - perhaps add a Speed boost for flavour.

Remove Lifesteal from Hysteria and add it to Warcry.

You now have a crazy, gun-ho melee DPS Warframe that survives not by cheesy invulnerability but by constantly being engaged in melee with the enemy and drinking their blood to stay alive! Removing the lame-&#! claws and giving you access to your melee weapon will make her ten thousand times more fun to play - especially when Melee 2.0 lands.

Valkyr - Crazy melee DPS

Remove invulnerability from Hysteria.

Remove the claws from Hysteria, make it power up your current melee weapon and keep the CC immunity - perhaps add a Speed boost for flavour.

Remove Lifesteal from Hysteria and add it to Warcry.

You now have a crazy, gun-ho melee DPS Warframe that survives not by cheesy invulnerability but by constantly being engaged in melee with the enemy and drinking their blood to stay alive! Removing the lame-&#! claws and giving you access to your melee weapon will make her ten thousand times more fun to play - especially when Melee 2.0 lands.

Trading shields for health with Warcray would be epic!!