Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat And Friend System Upgrade (Please.)

BinarySentinel

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or down in the feedback area, I chose here because it feels more like a concept.

I'm sure I'm not the first with this idea, however I'll be blunt in saying that I think the chat and friends list system both suck. Chat system needs a re-work over friends list in my opinion because I don't know of many people who really make a lot of use of the friends list. granted I don't have many ideas on how to seriously improve the chat system, but I'm sure someone has better ideas. With this in mind I personally think that being able to have two chat windows open would be a nice addition, being in missions and having to keep track of being in squad or clan chat are a serious nuisance in my opinion. I also think it'd be easier to have a drop down window for all private chats instead of putting them all in one straight line. That way it keeps everything organized and everyone is easy to find if you have multiple private chats active.

Moving on to friends list and clan member list. Both of them should behave the same in being able to see what they're doing or where they are. I do actually have friends that I enjoy playing with, however when I click on a friend and it just says "playing", that doesn't help me. I want to know where they are and if they have room in their group.

If you want to take the extra mile and give tactical details you could give a drop down menu for each player that would give information about the mission they're in, if it's in  what frames are in the mission, what their load outs are or even the mod sets. If it's in high level defense you could give the wave or how long they've been there in survival so you can get an idea of exactly what to bring.

If you didn't want to take the time to go into the friends list then I think if we had something on the galaxy map where if you click on a planet and move your cursor over a misson there can be a list of your friends and clan members playing there that you could have an option to join if you right click it. I think having a small marker in the top left corner of the misson icon that's something like a green circle with a player icon next to it would be good to signify friends and clan members that are playing that mission, much like the player icon at the top right corner of the mission icon that signifies the groups with room in them.

I would like input on this and if anyone has any ideas on how to improve on this I would greatly appreciate it. As I said before I think the chat system needs work over the friends list at the moment, I do believe that if the friends list (and clan memeber list) were redone in a way that you could see who was actually doing what, it would promote a lot more use of it.

we should be able to invite people directly from chat by right clicking, when a person says "invite me" you have to manually browse the list of players and it is very uncomfortable.

That's a good idea. There's so much a right click here and there could do for the social system.