Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lato Codex Entry:

Thaumatos

"The Lato is a highly accurate pistol used by the Tenno everywhere."

Really?  I'm not quite sure I agree with that statement.

I think it should read:

"The Lato is a trainee's weapon that is used by every Tenno and immediately discarded for any other weapon system available."

Edited by Thaumatos

"Used" is also past tense, so technically it's correct.

No, it's not. I used to do X is referring to the past, but this is not the past tense; this is taking the present tense "use" and making it refer to the plural noun "the Tenno".

EDIT: Actually, I'm wrong, "is" is the verb, which is present tense.

Edited by arisaka

We've all used it once ;)

Still though, I honestly can't believe they nerfed this thing. It was perfectly fine where it was: it did a fair amount of damage and was an accurate and reliable sidearm to fall back on when your ammo-eating MK1 eventually ran out of ammo, though at the same time it wasn't so strong that you didn't feel like upgrading to an alternate weapon.

But now, half damage?! DE says they wanna make the new player experience easier and then they make the damage per shot of the Lato worse than the MK1 Braton's? Not to mention both are slash oriented weapons, which won't do them much good against armored Grineer as is.

If DE really wanted to make the new player experience better, they would've left this gun as is and buffed the MK1-Braton instead. Making a decent starting weapon crappy isn't making the game less punishing for new players.

they should revert the total damage done by the lato back and make the mk 1 do peircing damage exclusivly remember the old trailers the teno would use slow single shot bratons to fight grineer

now adays alot of the realy old trailers just show lies :( really reeealy cool lies