Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vulkar Unconventional Buff

Lad_of_the_Lake

I'll start off with saying that I've felt most satisfied sniping when using the Vulkar.  The sound, the recoil, the agonizing reload speed, etc. just felt right for a 'powerful' weapon. Granted I was only MR4 but it was still a great weapon at the time when I just played Solar Systems and not Void or ODDs. Then I got introduced into the world of actual good sniping weapons like the Vandaltron and the Vectis, and finally my trusty Lanka. Vulkar collected dust and even with my potato I was forced to trash it to free up slots.

I honestly think Vulkar has the potential to be a great weapon even with its lower damage and extreme reload speed. I've been toying with ideas from other games to give the Vulkar innate puncture like the Lanka (maybe 2 or 3 meters) for more CC or maybe even ricochet because no other sniper can ricochet yet.

Yes, DE could just buff the reload speed and people might actually use it, but right now it's still a mastery weapon no matter how many books you can read while waiting for the reload.

I mean, a high powered rifle with just the right amount of recoil that fires off a piercing bullet that can wipe out a whole lance of grineer and ricochet off the wall to hit the Bombard around the corner?

DE pls.

I'll start off with saying that I've felt most satisfied sniping when using the Vulkar.  The sound, the recoil, the agonizing reload speed, etc. just felt right for a 'powerful' weapon. Granted I was only MR4 but it was still a great weapon at the time when I just played Solar Systems and not Void or ODDs. Then I got introduced into the world of actual good sniping weapons like the Vandaltron and the Vectis, and finally my trusty Lanka. Vulkar collected dust and even with my potato I was forced to trash it to free up slots.

I honestly think Vulkar has the potential to be a great weapon even with its lower damage and extreme reload speed. I've been toying with ideas from other games to give the Vulkar innate puncture like the Lanka (maybe 2 or 3 meters) for more CC or maybe even ricochet because no other sniper can ricochet yet.

Yes, DE could just buff the reload speed and people might actually use it, but right now it's still a mastery weapon no matter how many books you can read while waiting for the reload.

I mean, a high powered rifle with just the right amount of recoil that fires off a piercing bullet that can wipe out a whole lance of grineer and ricochet off the wall to hit the Bombard around the corner?

DE pls.

I do like the idea of ricochet. While it would be difficult for DE to put in, since they would have to start from scratch, it would be a good reason to at least pay attention to the Vulkar for a few minutes. Maybe even enough time to get it to 30 for advanced players.