The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You're Gonna Nerf Frost, Might As Well Nerf Rhino (Or, An Epiphany On The State Of Warframe).

8bit_Ghost

1. Rhino already got Nerfed, since Iron Skin is no longer "Invulnerability"

2. If you think Rhino's broken, look again at all the Warframes...

Agreed. Frost was not nerfed. He was balanced so he's no longer a 1-trick pony. This brings him in line with the other Warframes.

I've played alongside some excellent Frosts since the changes went through, Frosts that spam Avalanche on survival and on defense alerts, and Frosts that spam Ice Wave on mobile defense maps. Hell, I've found him absolutely essential to have with the new hijack event missions. There's a lot you can do with him now.

You can either act like a useless scrub and continue using Snowglobe for defense missions under Frost 1.0 and fail upward, or you can act like a pro and use it properly under the new Frost 2.0 meta, along with the other powers that were buffed so they now mean something across multiple mission types. The choice is yours.

Nerfing other frames will not fix any of that.

I know it caps, but as you can see I didn't join recently. So some of the mods are from before the changes. Never bothered to remake mods since I forma slots anyway. Focus, or Intensify would be bad. This is a CC build, focus does almost nothing then. The Slash dash is for fast travel. With Streamline + Fleeting Expertise I never run out of energy.

You're still wasting mod space and power efficiency. Intensify was just an example, get off my back...

Let me give you my input on this.

First of all, i totally agree with the imbalance in this game right now. 

Now lets talk about Frost first. I am utterly disappointed in the Avalanche fix WITHOUT any compensation for it. Here's an example. Rhino's stomp has by far the longest range 4th skill in the game. with a max range of about 58 meters(including mods), he can stun 58 meters worth of enemies for 8 seconds. This includes bosses. Frost's Avalanche on the other hand, may have some damage that can beat it, but considering its range at approximately 38 meters in range and a short 4~ seconds of freeze before damage, is obviously inferior to Rhino. SECONDLY, the freeze wasn't even incorporated into the game intentionally, rather most players who loved Frost HAD to rely on such a bug to make him AT LEAST somewhat effective. Rather than just shut off his only "useful" aspect, I wished it became a fix that you incorporated Avalanche to actually FREEZE without range mods. If you are hell bent having Avalanche purely as a "damage" ability, give it something players won't hate for it. Give it range (Rhino's range can be a good example, give it a debuff, give it MORE damage, ANYTHING that can make Frost worth a pick over Rhino. Rhino may have the cc, but give Frost the damage, then. Rhino has the Iron Skin, then buff the BASE health of Snow Globe. If you would rather keep Snow Globe as it is, Give Frost something UNIQUE. A 400 base armor, more shield, or even more Health. ANY little aspect that can give people ANY reason to choose Frost over Rhino. Don't go into "Defense mission" aspects of Frost either. Rhino's 8 second stomp can beat Frost's Snow Globe any day. 8 second stun obviously beat a 2 second lived Snow Globe in the higher levels.

I'm literally trying to use Frost's Snow Globe as a stationary "Iron Skin of Rhino's" and it's purely stupid. Utterly stupid. Unless it's specifically a defense mission, Frost will fall short on everything else. Worse, he doesn't even last in T3 defense or Pluto's defense.

Moving on, let's take Nova for a second vs Frost's stats and skills. Nova by all means is a maximum kill-everything frame. Frost's Avalanche is now a "ATTEMPT-to-kill-everything" compared to Nova's 4th skill because all Avalanche can do now is deal damage. It's like comparing COTTON CANDIES to a DYNAMITE. No I am not exaggerating because as you can see, it literally is as it looks. The damage just doesn't even compare. Frost may be tanky, but he won't even be a pick for someone who can blow up a whole room or 2 without a scratch.

I don't mind much about Ash, Loki or anyone else, as because they are in a different category of Frost. You made Frost a damage frame, so I will compare it with the two closest things to Frost: Nova and Rhino.

Bottom Line, you did a number on Frost, and I am one angry Frost user. I REFUSE to use Rhino out of it's sheer popularity. Better yet, I don't even OWN a rhino, and will not own one, until I am satisfied with how things goes. I will use Rhino when someone asks what frames are good for T3 survival and it's not limited to Rhino.

You know, we could start demanding Mastery rank mean something rather then nerf all the competent stuff. It would force De to start making Tiered gear, kinda like all rpg's. It would keep people from demanding nerfs if it took say mastery rank 12 to be allowed to build and use nova for example. Even force people to play and rank up other stuff while they have in the back of their mind that Nova is waiting for 'em. 

Soma is a great example even from a frame stand point. it was OP as hell for a rank what 0 weapon when it came out(correct me if i'm wrong on that, I know it was for sure mastery rank 4 and then nerfed to rank 6)? Fewer people are saying it's op because it's now mastery rank 6, maybe it needs to get another mastery nerf. Maybe if it was forced that those who got it and weren't allowed to use it after it's nerf fewer still would complain.

Hek we need to demand that if some one is lucky enough to get an "OP" item before it get's a mastery nerf, they need to lose the ability to use it once it goes beyond their level.

Take me for an example, mastery rank 15 and nothing to show for it. If, using the Soma as a continued example, a rank 6 item is considered OP as all hell by today's standards what's it going to be like once those of us at rank 15+ finally get a rank 15 weapon or frame. If that rank 15 weapon/frame is underwhelming as all hell chances are for the rank we'll demand a buff to the 15 item rather then a nerf to the rank 6 one.

We need Mastery to both mean something and set the bar already, otherwise it's only going to get worse.