Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Per Open Beta Eula

McGillicutti

Like the game, the whole PVE thing and that it's sci-fi is just perfection. I know it'll probably not stay that way, unless the company is going to have separate servers, and even then those wonderful bully "heroes" have to go for the dueling and try to get PVP on the PVE servers.... But I digress haha

There is a grand frustration with the laser gates. Again, I like the game play, the story of it, how we go to each planet or moon to deal with some situation, it's well done in regard to those details. As a beta it won't be polished of course, and many things could change, as it seems the mod system is one of those things, resulting in a reset, so naturally it's not gonna be perfect -- at least it didn't blow up and freeze the computer, cause me to have to reinstall windows, etc.

However those laser gates, there's no reason that when they get opened by a member of the team they are open, not requring the next person to fire at something, and then half the time that doesn't work, or it's been done by the teammate who went in after the first guy, and what are we all doing? We press W, then shift, and move to the ctrl key, so we can slide through the gate, or go through it 2 at a time. Thus their is a workaround, but also it is an unfriendly one. For purposes of beta it would seem that this kind of thing, and that it makes someone get frustrated with the game itself, isn't going to lead to useful comments, mine might be a perfect example too.

Thus, to preserve what I appreciate about Warframe I am going to uninstall so I don't start hating the game due to these gates not working and seeming to never be fixed, me thinking that game developers/designers would know to fix something like this before the public is testing it, so that the test results and feedback aren't skewed by those player's frustration, as mine is here.

So I bid WarFrame adieu, and look forward to trying it again in the future, I mean, what better beta test of the developers than to see if they actuall fix this or just leave it alone, ignoring the feedback because it wasn't all positive and praising their work. So much of the game is excellent, it's just that the gestalt to the flow of progessing that has no remedy but trying to fool the system, and costing you your shields and a bit of health when you fail, makes the good parts fade into the background and even more so as these kinds of things aren't fixed.

Thanks for making a great game, I can't wait to play it when things like this aren't happening and hope that day comes sooner rather than later,

Bill Thompson

Soooo... You're quitting because you and/or your teammates don't know how to take out the security cameras? :P

There are green/red security cameras usually above doors that activate the laser barriers and turrets. Take them out and no problem!

Green security camera = no laser gate.

Red security camera = laser gates and turrents activated

So when you see a green security camera, kill it before it spots you and activates the laser gate and smashing your teammates in the face with it.

I swear some new players have reduced learning capacity for teamwork. Trying to melee a Napalm heavy? Rushing ahead only to get downed?

Like two Tenno before me posted. The laser gate is an easily solved problem since there are both visual and audio cue from the camera. They also spawned in specific places on the map which make them pretty predictably easy to deal with.

I want to see you deal with the Nervos:)