The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Shouldn't Be An I In Team, And Here's How To Fix That. (Or, What To Be Done About The Incompatibility Of Warframes)

8bit_Ghost

Still waiting on the complete list of combos, I smile thinking of Loki's Invisibility combined with Ash's Smoke Screen will make everything disappear being left to contemplate a blank screen. Whilst I find your idea interesting (turning an easy game into the easiest game) you put it down like you're DE representative here (you decided quickly but didn't announce). I'm all for individuality otherwise we would all play just one frame with one power which would require just one key to cast, pressed once ofc.

Yes please

I love it when frames work together hand in hand.

Loki+Booben turns every mission into a ragecage

And Nyx and Nova make even high level survival into a fire and forget.

Imagine if a skill like snowglobe would combine with other frames.

Snowglobe + Ironskin: Using ironskin in the globe will give every other frame a weaker version of it.

Snowglobe + Electric shield: Using the shield in a snowglobe will turn it into a bigger version of ES. Shoot out of it and get bonus magnetic damage plus hitscan transform etc.

Snowglobe + Absorb: Snowglobe gets a timelimit now instead of the health, when its over the damage will be shot back in a bigger radius then absorb on its own.

Shoehorned combos have already been denied by DE. 
They want combos to be organic but rarely provide the tools to make them so. 
If you're building abilities to combo then you have to build them so that their effects synergize in a meaningful way without being useless on their own. 

Loki and Ash can drop themselves in the middle of enemies with their respective teleports. 
But no frame has an ability that takes advantage of that. 

Oberon and Ember have DoT traps, but no frame is capable of pulling a mass of enemies on to them. Mag used to be able to do this actually, now she can't.  Vauban can kind of do this but generally his ult doesn't need anymore help taking out enemies. 

These combos are as simple as changing Electric Shield from 'bullets' gaining the electric bonus to anything that passes through the shield. 
Slash dash, Rhino Charge, Shock, Freeze, Fireball, Ice Wave, Sonic Boom, Psychic Bolts, Smite particles, Tesla shocks, Tailwind, Tornadoes. 
Throw a glaive, or slash with a skana. If it's an 'attack' and it passes through the shield it gets the electric bonus. 

And I will say this: if combination powers are implemented, it can make players stick together to deal massive amounts of damage by combining their skills to the fullest. 

and it can fix RNG, reputation, and the nerf/buff issues we have.

i definitely like the idea of power combination/synergy in theory...however I ask these questions for you to consider what it will really change, besides giving us fun effects to play with and taking a lot of Dev time.

-each combination is essentially a new power, with new art, programming etc, taking dev time away from buffing/fixing existing powers

-there is no reason to assume that these joint powers will be balanced, or promote balance any more than the existing powers. How do we know that Rhino + Nova's power, Molecular Stomp won't simply be the best joint power, pushing even more players towards those frames?

-The existing abilities of the Holy Quartet (Rhino, Nova, Trin, Vaub) are already so game-breakingly powerful that you simply don't need combined abilities to succeed. What situation does Blessing or Iron Skin not protect against? When does Bastille not absolutely save the day? When is MP simply not strong enough?

-And thus...Why bring an Ember and a Frost to do a Snowglobe Blast when an Molecular Prime works just as well/better, and doesn't require teamwork?

-Or, if combined powers ARE stronger than the Holy Quartet's ( EX: Snowglobe+Iron Skin = Glacial Skin for the whole team) won't that simply eradicate challenge from the game entirely?

-Warframe is an incredibly fast paced game, and most powers don't telegraph well due to player energy color and similar effects. Player communication is also nearly nonexistant. How will we even know which powers our teammated are using? Also, only a handful of powers even last more than mere seconds.

Again, not saying combined powers wouldn't be fun, just that I don't think they'd have any effect on balance, or which frames people use outside of clan based play.

Edited by notionphil