The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion About Prime Warframes

ea192000

Hi all, here I bring a proposal that maybe I've seen in some places (not exactly the same, but the idea exists).
It is about the usefulness of the Prime versions, and how that affect the game. I'm making this post to try to channel the ideas of several people who try to propose a change, and achieve better course of the game.

Making a Warframe Prime:

The Primed Warframe should be made ​​based on the original Warframe. The Warframe must have one additional polarization; one Orokin Reactor applied, and must be on rank 30. In this Warframe you should apply a "Prime Enhancer":

2lbcnfb.png

Similarly to the way in applying the Forma, applying the "Prime Enhancer" the rank would return to 0, preserving their polarities. There would be added to "skin" the Prime Skin, and to "helmet" the Prime Helmet. This way the user could choose which look you want to have, not to leave in oblivion the original design.

1495xfl.png

The Primed Warframe should be an improved version of Warframe (not different, improved). That is, greater vitality, shield, speed, etc... (Some of these improvements, not all).

Crafting an Prime Enhancer:

The "Prime Enhancer" should be able to craft with a blueprint, and new materials that can only be achieved in the Void. Like a Forma, the Catalyst or Reactor, but with increased complexity of acquisition (and should not be interchangeable or obtainable by the trade).

212d6ia.png

About the Skills Prime:

If this changes are applied, Void missions would not be very useful (except to get "Prime Enhancer"), but to make it more useful, and to have the Warframe prime better and useful, could be implemented Skills Prime, only obtainable by rewards on the Void (which would replace the current rewards).

For example, Iron Skin Prime, which should be equal to the original but with a buff of 500 extra points of absorption at initial rank (in example).

If calculations are made, there are currently 18 Warframes. When all the Warframes are on Prime versions, will be a total of 18 x 4 = 72 Skills Prime to obtain from Void missions, which is about the number of objects which exists today into the Void.

Also, this mechanism would open the door for new skills dedicated to Warframes Prime, as it might be, Prime Vitality (in example). It could even apply to the Prime weapons (but is not the subject of this topic talk about the weapons, although they should share the mechanics).

What would bring this mechanics to the game?

First, people who have used one Warframe long time, and they have invested time and effort (and perhaps money) polarizing it, to have a competitive one, would be rewarded with an improved version of its Warframe (no another Warframe again, as is currently the case). No sense re-polarizes 5 times (for example) a Rhino Prime, having Rhino with 5 polarizations.

Secondly, new players, who have no experience with a Warframe (eg Mag) should first get the original Warframe and improve it, before using the Prime version (Mag Prime), as there are many people who will get the Warframe Prime before the original, which causes exists people who have low level with a Warframe Prime without understanding the mechanical, and without know how to use that Warframe correctly.

In conclusion, I believe that this mechanism would give a little more competitiveness to the game, so you have a Prime Warframe with skill primes, show that the player is involved to the game. Having a Warframe Prime would be matter of "prestige" and progress, not just a matter of doing a few missions or buy the parts to third parties.

I would like to know your opinions. I would like to see these mechanics applied, rather than those that exist today. Even as to the prime weapons could be applied equally, giving a little more meaning to the game, instead of having all things 2 times.

Anyway, excuse my English, and please leave your opinions.

Thanks for read.

From what I take it, you're suggesting making primes skins.

Sorry, wont happen. DE already confirmed that Primes will stay as separate warframes.

Is not only the skin, is an improvement to the original warframe, to feel than the Prime is realy better than the original version.

Also it can force to the player to understand the mechanic of the game before get a Prime gear.

It is only a sugestion, i dont realy think it will be applied... but in the future, will be 30 warframes and 30 primes, and will have no sense for the veterans player to continue playing if the prime version is another warframe and must be upgraded again and again without difference between the original and prime version.