The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting Warframes Suggestion

Ailana

Having just started playing I have noticed something odd with the starting warframes.

You all know they give you a choice of three Excalibur, Loki, and Mag<--Frame i use. Excalibur is classified as the go to frame for new players where as Loki is obviously designed for more advanced aka experienced players says so in his description leaving Mag to be the in between frame.

What I don't get is why throw a frame for advanced users into the starting 3 line up? I suggest a change in the starting three keep Excalibur & Mag as they are good for new players but remove Loki and replace him with a frame that is better suited for new to mid range experienced players or add a 4th frame (preferably female like Saryn, Nova, or one of the others) to the line up if removing Loki is not do able.

I'm assuming Loki was put in the starting 3 because when the game was first released these 3 frames were the only ones available. Assuming that my earlier assumption is true now that the amount of available frames has increased I think it is a good time to re evaluate the starting frames and make changes accordingly.

Volt could be put back in the starter lineup but with the recent changes of adding him in the lab I don't think DE will do that. Another suggested frame would be Oberon considering players like calling him a jack of all trades frame that is easy to farm in the beginning of the constellations so he would be a nice pick to put as a starter.

Volt could be put back in the starter lineup but with the recent changes of adding him in the lab I don't think DE will do that. Another suggested frame would be Oberon considering players like calling him a jack of all trades frame that is easy to farm in the beginning of the constellations so he would be a nice pick to put as a starter.

If they decided to replace Loki with either Volt or Oberon and add in a 4th frame what would be a good female form frame? I'm not that well versed on them all yet but from what I've read Nova seems like she would be to OP for a starting frame and I'm not to sure about the others like Trinity for example.

Edited by Ailana

If they decided to replace Loki with either Volt or Oberon and add in a 4th frame what would be a good female form frame? I'm not that well versed on them all yet but from what I've read Nova seems like she would be to OP for a starting frame and I'm not to sure about the others like Trinity for example.

Saryn could be an option as an early tank frame for new users to try over the others that have been mentioned, she is only a decent tank in early game but by end game she is considerably much weaker compared to the likes of Frost, Zephyr, Rhino. The rest of the females have skills that are waaaay too powerful for early users to abuse. If she is added in as an early starter I also suggest that Rhino and Saryn planet parts be switched so that it is Saryn as a early collector's item and Rhino as a later one so players don't immediately switch to a better tank so early in the game.

Banshee would be a good choice.  Her #1 ability is decent CC and would really help beginners on Capture missions.  They have more incentive to use Silence, since they can't deal with groups as easily thanks to the craptastic starting weapons and lack of mods (though it would still suck).  Sonar's damage bonus also goes well with the Mk-1, as it is a pretty accurate weapon used at a time that more damage would be greatly appreciated.

For a more tanky one, Oberon or Frost.  Frost has some good offensive potential at that level, while Oberon adds a healing option to the mix.  Both are relatively straight forward frames.

Loki is designed for more advanced players, not necessarily experienced Warframe players. If you look at the IGN Warframe review, the reviewer commented on how much more fun loki was compared to excalibur. Anecdotally, friends who have played loki still enjoyed him and were useful.

Personally I think Volt should be added to the starting Warframes. But loki should stay there as well.

I tried out a Loki and although his invisibility and decoy come in handy every now and then they don't compensate enough for his low health and shields. I spent more time running then fighting 75/75 is just to low so I can't really say loki is good for starting players he is more suited for later in the game after you've gotten mods that can help him survive.

Edited by Ailana