Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sentinel Concepts

(PSN)bmulligan

More will be added as my understanding of sentinels deepens. For now, these are generalized concepts, and I’m looking for input so as to improve them.

Faith

“A Tenno must always have faith in their allies. Only a team can restore balance to the system, no single operative can do it themselves”

Faith uses explosive payloads to control the enemies around it. With small amounts of blast and impact damage, and an extremely slow fire rate, faith is most useful in close quarters combat, or when attacking large groups.(think of a slow firing, low damage Penta)

Stats

Health: 275

Shield: 75

Armor: 50

Power : 100

Stamina: 8

Faith Ability 1 - Smite

Smite is the standard sentinel ability, allowing for the sentinel to shoot from small to medium ranges when maxed. Damage from the faiths explosive payloads will be slightly increased when maxing this ability.

Faith Ability 2  - Believe

Faith is an effective healer when in the heat of battle. Faiths Believe would have a small/medium range, and would restore .25% to .5% of a Tenno’s total health every second, or would revive downed allies at anywhere from 2-5% per second, based upon the mods rank.

Eternal

“Eternal is named after it’s ability to deliver a seemingly unending stream of damage to an enemy. When in the heat of battle, Eternal can make a large difference if used properly”

Eternal would be the first sentinel to use a continuous weapon. Doing little damage, but being fairly ammo efficient and having a high proc chance, Eternal could deliver a steady stream of electric/viral proc damage to a target.

Stats

Health: 100

Shield: 200

Armor: 50

Eternal Ability 1 - Suffering

Again, another basic mod allowing this sentinel to shoot. This mod, would allow Eternal to shoot for medium ranges, dealing low damage that increases as the mod levels. Proc chance would be the thing that changes greatest from this mod, going from between 5 to 20% chance as the card is leveled.

Eternal Ability 2 - Labor

Eternal would charge it’s weapon, but not fire, instead dropping the fully charged ball onto the ground, to be detonated like a mine osprey’s mines. These mines would do little damage, but would leave a cloud of gas and chain electricity through nearby foes. Eternal would only place mines when enemies are within 50 meters, but not close enough to fire upon. A limit would be set on the number of mines placed on the battlefield, but mines would despawn if another be set down past the limit( so the sentinel doesn't become nearly worthless as no mines could be placed)

Screen

“Screen is a highly defensive sentinel, used to keep oneself in the fight for as long as possible.”

Screen would shoot a barrage of ricocheting projectiles towards the nearest foe within range. These projectiles would have a ricochet cap similar to the Glaive, and would be primarily impact and sash damage. These projectile volleys would fire with a considerable gap in between, so while they could be effective, a Tenno couldn't rely solely on them.

Stats

Health: 150

Shield: 100

Armor: 100

Screen ability 1 - Volley

Screen launches a volley of projectiles(say 3-5) similar to the Glaive,but smaller in size in damage. These projectiles would ricochet a few times, increasing each time the mod ranks up, and would then stick into the next object they come into contact with. After a fair amount of time, Screen is able to launch another volley of projectiles, behaving the same as the last.

Screen Ability 2 - Shield

Screen projects a protective bubble around it’s owner when reloading which absorbs all incoming damage until the bubble’s minimal hp runs out or until the reload animation finishes. This ability would have a cool down time of 20 seconds, which would decrease as the mod is leveled up.

Note, these are simply concepts, and are nothing elaborate whatsoever. All concepts will be developed at a later date, as typing numbers does not precede sleep on my list of things to do. should any suggestions be posted, they will be taken into consideration and added (or a variation thereof) .

Edited by (PS4)bmulligan

i want a sentinel with an enemy radar.

That can easily be done. I'll add two more tomorrow, and then I'll work on stats and use my primitive drawing abilities to sketch some concepts. Only problem is, with the current enemy radar auras and mods, the only way to do that and not devalue the mods would be to make it enemies that have fired/been seen show up on the map.

First of all, all Sentinels have the same stats, so this won´t change with new ones.

I think the concepts have some potential but the shield ability from screen doesn´t sound good to me. Only when he reloads? It´s to dependend on the weapon.

Made all sentinels stats now add up to a measure of 550 (weighted) so they're all more balanced now.

Also, the Shield activates when the owner of the sentinel reloads, depending on how empty their clip is.

Edited by (PS4)bmulligan