The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Else Thing 600 Oxium Is Way To Much For Zephyr?

KittyDarkling

Her clan tech research I can understand. It makes sense to me that it's as high as it is. But 200 Oxium a part? seriously? doesn't anyone else think that's just a tad to high?

If you don't then where does everyone get -so many-?

Doing Eris, Phalan Survival runs, I only get like 10-15 per 30-40 minute run!

This means at my current rate it will take me 9 hours of back to back survival to -maybe- get enough Oxium to build her parts, There's no other Warframe in the game that requires that much sheer grind :/

Please tell me someone else thinks these requirements are kinda ridiculous?

Oh it is ridiculous but you are going to Eris for it? Sedna, Kappa is the best place for it. Usually you will get 30 to 60. As for how long, I don't know I guess the answer to that is however long mobile defense missions are. So maybe 15 minutes? But yeah it should be like 80 per part though.

Hi there. I'm a solo player and a solo warlord of my own clan, and I have gone through the mess of farming for Zephyr. I can tell you, it is worth the grind. I did it in Kappa, I don't know if it's still under Corpus rule, and I used to get around 30 Oxium a run there. With a full cell, you'd probably have better luck.

Be strong and persevere!

Indeed.  It really isn't too much, especially when you look at the research side in larger clans, as was stated by our brothers / sisters.  Kappa is likely also one of the very best places to get Oxium - DE did nerf the drop rate, but a few people with built weapons can still pull 50-60+ per run, with around a 30 minimum.  The nice part is, that's a MD mission, so...no hanging around gasping for air in a 30+ minute survival for 15 drops.

~ Ishixia,

Valkyr of Celestial Aegis

Thanks for the advice everyone, the task looks to be a great deal less hellish since starting to farm Kappa. I still feel like the requirements are much to high, but at least I can just "deal with it" now. Which honestly is enough for me... I still feel sorry for players with less time then I though :/ The requirements are by far, way more then that of any other frame.

Kappa, or as one of my clan members call it, the Holy Land, is a really good place for Oxium. I think your right, though, 200 a part is a tad rediculous. That's still 5 Kappa runs each, and of a resource that really is only used on Zephyr right now unless you lose to the G3. The new Titan uses Oxium, but from my own experience and what I can correlate from the forums, it isn't worth the cost.

One of the major problems I see with Zephyr, verses any other frame, is that other frames are buildable the second you have the blueprints. That is to say, aside from the Orokin Cell and the Neural Sensor you need for the frame, they use relatively common resources. Oxium, conversely, while not as rare as Orokin Cells or Neural Sensors, are ultimately more difficult to obtain because of the amount you need verses the reliability of getting it. In the time you get 200 Oxium, you can reasonably reliably have the Neural Sensor you need for a frame's helmet, and possibly an Orokin Cell too, depending on your luck.

Oxium reeks of a frame that was supposed to use a new, but relatively common resource. However, Operation Oxium Espionage got extended, and then Tethra's Doom took off, and it feels like Oxium fell by the wayside. Maybe we'll see something done with it once more things start using it.

As a side note, how good Kappa is for Oxium, I suspect, is part of why it remains in Corpus hands.