Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer And Their Broken Doors/lights.

Pinguefy

These lights need to be fixed. The first time I saw them, I thought they were a flash grenade that Grineer were able to throw now. I thought, "That's not a bad idea, the duration isn't too long to be annoying and it can possible create some dangerous situations!" Keep in mind I was using Rhino (That or another tanky frame) at the time, so I didn't even feel the damage of the lights.

The next time I played a Grineer mission was when I decided to build Ash, since I had built just about every other frame besides him at this point. Tyl Regor isn't a very popular boss, so I was frequently paired with the same two people who repeatedly died or was unbearably slow. So I went to Solo.

Generally, an easy mission like this is no problem in Solo. Loki is a great frame for running solo missions and I figured this would be no different. As I ran through, I got zapped by a ton of these lights, taking my health down to around 50. However, this fight is a piece of cake, given that there are no nonsense invincibility phases anywhere. He gets a Slash Damage proc on Slash Dash and I instantly die. Ugh, one revive down the drain. 

Once I murder him, I was running to extraction as quickly as possible. Suddenly, I pass through a few doors, 3 broken lights hit me and I die, with no chance of being able to retaliate. 

The way I see it, this basically makes going fast in Solo mode suicide unless you've brought a tanky frame. 

In summary, these lights are overpowered because they do too much damage to the squishy frames, are nigh on impossible to see without examining every light fixture (Which you probably will have gotten zapped by the time you see it), and are impossible to dodge if you can't see it.

Of course, the argument of "Well, don't corpus laser doors and turrets do something very similar? Are those broken?" comes up. First of all, I have a massive gripe with Corpus laser doors because they completely destroy the would-be fast pacing of Warframe causing you to stop before every door, to make sure you don't bonk into some lasers. Turrets don't do enough damage to be a problem, but they do do enough if you don't take care of them. But the different here is how easy to spot the corpus cameras are. While sometimes you'll have trouble finding the which camera is creating the wall in front of you, there stand out much more than the light fixtures that barely are any different to the standard decoration.

On to the doors! Aside from the fact that I think this also slows down the game a bit, it's not the most difficult thing to slide, fire a round into the little sensor bar, and continue on with your day. However, these bars are hard as hell to hit. Especially with non-hitscan weapons like the Despair, I sometimes found myself firing 3 or 4 of these knives before being able to pass through the door. Even with the Synapse, I had to aim fairly precisely for it to destroy the sensor. So, you could keep your annoying doors, but at least make it a bit easier to destroy. However, I think these broken lights should be removed altogether, because frankly, they're pretty broken.

Aside from the fact that I think this also slows down the game a bit, it's not the most difficult thing to slide, fire a round into the little sensor bar, and continue on with your day. However, these bars are hard as hell to hit. Especially with non-hitscan weapons like the Despair, I sometimes found myself firing 3 or 4 of these knives before being able to pass through the door. Even with the Synapse, I had to aim fairly precisely for it to destroy the sensor. So, you could keep your annoying doors, but at least make it a bit easier to destroy. However, I think these broken lights should be removed altogether, because frankly, they're pretty broken.

I don't think there are many strong voices for the 'Pro Lights' field atm, but I will second a change to the style of those sensor bars. Not only are they a wee bit slim, they just don't really FEEL like Grineer tech. Give us some lumpy eye-ball shaped weird round tech-thing scanning back and forth for Tenno for us to pump a round into.