Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston - Barely Scratching Infested

EVxx

Question

Hi everyone,

I recently hit Eris with a helpful squad - they were wielding sniper rifle and bow, and I was equipped with Burston (rank 15, mod: multi-shot and fire damage).

Every single infested was a challenge. Ancients could just brush off the rounds. My partners did most of the damage, and I was mostly busy setting up decoy and turning invis + melee, which did more damage than the rifle.

Is this because of Burston? I am about to go through the rank test and unlock more options, but I would like to find out whether weapon is the problem before buying more weapons.

7 answers to this question

Shadows, I believe you are correct. There is still the time between bursts which really kills it's rate of fire, and therefore it's DPS. The Burston is good when you have it Modded out because it makes those little bursts, when the rate of fire is insane, a lot more powerful. So if you get it to be able to kill guys in one or two bursts, then it is pretty good. But when it is taking more than that, I've found something with a more consistent rate of fire kills people faster. The Burston is also really good for headshots once you get the rate of fire up because all 3 of the shots hit the same spot. But if you are doing something higher level where you are running a lot, it makes getting those headshots harder.

So the Burston isn't a bad gun, it just takes more work to make it shine.