Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo's Proposition - Darvo Inc.

LocasMaxis

So everyone loves Darvo, at least from what I've seen. His deals are great and his personality greater. But Darvo's over a 100 now and its about time he expanded his operation. So I present to you Darvo's Proposition. If the Tenno help him set up a his own company then he might be able to provide them with a new range of gear for their arsenals, for an acceptable price of course.

So this would basically be an event that would have three objectives/stages.

1. Procure sufficient funding.

This stage is the most passive, little action for the most part but involves buying shares of Darvo Inc. This is a scoring system for players to engage players in the event. Before the next stage can begin a goal amount of shares must be sold, though of course more can be purchased after this goal, Darvo won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Also he might have a mission or two that could reward shares for "Acquiring" resources.

2. Acquire facilities

This is where things start to get interesting. At this stage Darvo has enough credits to purchase some facilities to start off with. But there is one problem... The prices have been raised as the corpus catch wind of Darvo's plans. In light of this Darvo needs the Tenno to help "Re-Evaluate" the property values of these facilities. This is basically either a invasion like deal with missions popping up over a few days with rewards for completing a set number, though with no faction change at the end, just low low prices. The other option is a unique mission like with the recent hijacking or sabotage missions of the past few events. Both would be viable and fun.

3. Defend development from saboteurs

Finally after Darvo has enough facilities to get this operation going. But then the new facilities are under attack, and Darvo hasn't had enough time to set up suitable defences. Its up to the tenno to defend the facilities until defences can be put in place.

As for rewards. Well I could think of several examples. But the big one that would be what this is all about is giving Darvo a permanent presence in the market, with his own merchandise and deals. As well as a new brand of weapons with their own unique Darvo spin.

All in all I'll admit its rough. But I like to leave my fan concepts rough, it gives the devs room to enhance it to fit thier vision of the game.

Finally as a final note, this event would be a good candidate to test the future proxy wars. Getting access to Darvo's store could be considered a reward for getting on his good side.

i find this very interesting and would back this wholeheartedly. i would also add that he tends to contact and give bonuses to people who have helped him in the past. the more you help him the more rare deals and items he offers. basically have a bar that slowly decreases over time. as long as its over 80% you keep maximum odds for his special offers.

take note there doesnt actually need to be a bar. its just a thing similar do the daily bonus wheel

Edited by darthmidget

• 2 months later...