Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Stagger Chance Change?

Evil_Brick

Regular melee attacks aren't meant to be interruptible, right? That's supposedly the tradeoff. I mean, unless you get knocked on your &#!.

I've to my sorrow found that with these few recent patches, i consistently get knocked out of my regular melee swings by enemy melee attacks such as getting smacked with the stock of their guns and such.

The timing is rather poor since i've recently been attempting to level Valkyr. Is this an intended change or was it a mistake?

We can be interupt during regular melee attacks for a great part of the melee arsenal.

But some weapon got "momentum", you can't be interrupted during regular swing (heavy melee weapon in most case).

I think you got use to play with one of this weapon and back to a light one could be disturbing.

A bit like playing too much rhino with ironskin and be pull out by a laser door when we change. ;)

For an example you can watch to the disadvantage list of the orthos prime : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orthos_Prime

If you prefer weapon "stagger immune" you should watch the wiki before craft. ;)

Condescending 0_o?

Sorry if you can feel that, just answering your question...

The stagger resistance isn't show in-game, so how know?

Got a poor english skill, speak as I can.

Haven't you recelently change warframe or weapon?

My bad, will not try to help you the next time....

Edited by ZeGreymane

Alright, sorry, i'll try to be more clear: I have before this used other Longswords, such as the Cronus, Skana, Dakra Prime etc... And i recently went back to the Skana (Because i had not leveled it up max before). And it FELT very much like i was staggered more.

Have you seen the loading screen info? It says about charged attacks that "These high-damage strikes can be interrupted" Or something of that sort, which implies that regular strikes are not interruptible unless you become knocked down.

Now what i'm asking, has stagger-chance from enemy melee recently been increased, have i been too inattentive to notice that regular strikes can be interrupted by regular damage, or has it always been like this and i just forgot?

The long swords in the game have a noticeably longer attack delay before the weapon actually swings.  If you are use to short weapons or dual weapons and don't play long swords much, then you'll notice this attack delay even more.  As a result weapons like the skana give the enemy time to melee you before your swing actually executes.   

To get around this issue, it's about starting your attack a few meters before you get into the melee range of enemies melee attack.   They can't interrupt you then.  The enemy has a shorter melee range than players and since most players don't realize this and because it's human nature, players wait until they are close enough to an enemy that when your sword swings, the actual blade touches the enemy.  In Warframe you don't have to do that because the melee range can extend further than the actual blade.   

Most of the early melee weapons are long swords as well and so you won't notice the difference until you've got to a higher mastery rank and used some of the shorter faster melee weapons and then go back to those long swords.  Overall, I don't think anything has change, it's more likely to be a perception issue due to the different mechanics of different types of melee weapons.

I personally haven't noticed any increase in being interrupted.  It's almost always caused by simply being too close to the enemy before I press the attack button.   I think that's what you're experiencing.   Hope this makes any sense at all.   However, I could be wrong and it's just my perception that doesn't allow me to see the difference.  But I'm fairly certain that nothing has changed.

Edited by Krymanol

I'm not sure it momentum is working as it should. If any heavy weapon would have momentum, it'd be the Jat Kittag, but even lancers have no trouble interrupting my heavy attack. From what we've seen of melee 2.0, at least, the combos should be a lot better at stunning targets and allowing us to finish.

I think the problem started with damage 2.0. The stun/stagger stat of weapons was converted into proc chance, and stagger became just a side-effect of Impact damage (for us, at least. enemies can stagger us regardless).