The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea's To Rebalance/fix Ash.

Atreyuxx7

I think you guys should take a look at making Ash An infiltrator type frame. So instead of smoke screen you could make him disguised as a enemy type. You could have it so that as long as you don't shoot you weapon you remain disguised for so many seconds or indefinitely. (whatever) your play testing seems better. This would be an AWESOME ability.

Sadly to say it would be very useless, both in solo and team play, for solo i think there making it so you get extra bonus playing a map in stealth, with your idea you can easily just run right to the end, as for team play its very pointless.

To your team mates you would obviously look special to indicate that you weren't just a normal enemy. Ths ability would open up a ton of flanking possibilities. Hell he could even steal the abilities of the enemy he disguises himself as,  there are a million possibilities. Hell Ash could be the most versatile frame in the game with that ability. Come on guys use your imagination.

Edited by Atreyuxx7

To your team mates you would obviously look special to indicate that you weren't just a normal enemy. Ths ability would open up a ton of flanking possibilities. Hell he could even steal the abilities of the enemy he disguises himself as,  there are a million possibilities. Hell Ash could be the most versatile frame in the game with that ability. Come on guys use you imagination.

No way would I want to use the Radial Blast of Heavy Gunners and be restricted to an unmodded Gorgon when I could just kill the girl with a couple of Soma blasts. Sorry, but when the enemy is much weaker and more stupid than we are, it's hard to think of the benefits from being the enemy when you could just cloak or kill them.

Unmodded gorgon? You would be using your own gear and the abilities from the enemies would be scaled to your level so they would be powerful, or with however high you've ranked that mod card etc... you could use their abilities but massively stronger than they could. How in the heck are you guys not seeing this???? Hell you can copy whatever you target so mid fight you can copy the NOVA or Rhino prime your are running with...you guys have no imagination...

Edited by Atreyuxx7

Unmodded gorgon? You would be using your own gear and the abilities from the enemies would be scaled to your level so they would be powerful, or with however high you've ranked that mod card etc... you could use their abilities but massively stronger than they could. How in the heck are you guys not seeing this???? Hell you can copy whatever you target so mid fight you can copy the NOVA or Rhino prime your are running with...you guys have no imagination...

I get that you want to make Ash a bit more distinctive and versatile, really I do.  But c'mon, wearing a disguise?  Warframe really isn't a stealth game, no matter what DE tries to tell you.  It's an action game, and basically everyone will play it that way.  There's literally no need to try and flank enemies when they die so quickly.  That's why there are so many.

And as for technique stealing, it's a neat trick but again, is there any technique out there that a Warframe can't do better?  Stomp for the heavy grineer?  Shield polarize for the corpus crewmen?  I dunno what for the ancients.  You can't even have multiple abilities in a single game.  It's going to be stomp against grineer, shield recharge against corpus, and i dunno what against infested.  Maybe in void, maybe. 

Check out this new Ash thread for (IMO) a better change to Ash.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/194464-%E2%98%85yet-another-ash-skill-rework-ash-20/

Since the topic is more about making Ash an infiltrator and not specifically the ability idea mentioned in the OP, I can imagine this:

1# (Shuriken) - 15 Energy

Shuriken would have a slight change. Instead of dealing 500 damage per shuriken, each shuriken would take off 90% of the enemy's health. That would be current health - 90% of max health. So if they have 300/500 health, they'd lose 450 HP.

It's not an absolute kill unless both shuriken hit, but it actually scales as a single or double target damage skill. It's very dangerous and only requires a couple of hits from a weapon to kill the enemy once they are hit by one of these.

The amount of shuriken fired is dependent on damage mods.

2# (Infiltrate) - 35 Energy

This is Smoke Screen and Teleport merged. Upon using this skill, you teleport to wherever your cursor is and throw a smoke bomb down, cloaking yourself and also staggering the enemies near you when you teleported. Yes, it'd make it harder to cloak, but that's part of the fun. This also frees up space for..

The range of the teleport and the stagger radius are affected by range mods.

3# (Fury) - 75 Energy

Once cast, Ash will start spinning rapidly with his melee weapon held out temporarily, dealing a good 120 damage and guaranteeing a proc on every hit. The amount of spins and damage dealt are affected by duration and damage mods.

#4 (Shutdown) - 100 Energy

This skill is cast on any console, and essentially disables everything for some time. Doors will be stuck open, all lights will be out, elevators will still work, MOA dispensers will not dispense, enemy weapons will only have a small chance of successfully firing and will have a much, much smaller detection range, Regulators, Drones and Ospreys won't float, etc. It affects the entire base temporarily.

The shutdown time is dependent on duration mods.

---

How does this sound?

~Snip~

How does this sound?

Some I like more than others.  Shuriken power seems a bit OP, esp at higher levels.  I like #2 a lot.  #3 seems a bit lackluster, maybe proc bleeding.  #4 seems way too situational for an ulty.

So anyway, let me take my turn, (again) this time for infiltrate-y-.

#1 Explosive Kunai - 15 eng

Throw kunai that explodes for blast damage.  Damage and blast radius affected by strength and range mods respectively.

#2 Smoke Infiltrator - 50 eng

Ash uses his smoke ability to spawn a smoke clone of a random enemy depending on which faction mission is running up against.  Will stealth hack doors/consoles if aimed at them when spawned.  Will lead groups of enemy away if aimed at them when spawned.  Affected by range and duration mods.

#3 Smoke bomb - 75 eng

Ash uses his smoke powers to cloak himself and ALL allies in a certain radius for 5 seconds.  Invisibility is not disrupted through attacking.  Radius affected by range mods.  Duration mods are INEFFECTIVE.

#4 Nightmare of Blades - 100 eng

Ash spawns numerous smoke clones at all nearby enemies, instantly killing them with stealth attack animations.  This is viewed by the player as a number of clones simultaenously doing their stealth kills at all enemies present in a set radius.  Radius affected by range mods.  Damage affected by damage mods.