Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas From A Noob

(PSN)bhetz

As noted, i'm relatively new to the game (Started on PS4 only a few months ago). Here are a few suggestions, I apologize if they have been suggested elsewhere but they seemed fairly obvious as i've been working my way through the game.

1) Trinity should have access to other frames Shields/Health.  In all ways possible, if a trinity is intended to heal or support, her screen should show the health of other players (I would even go as far as to say that it should show shield/health in conclave as well).  Makes the support role a little more realistic and something unique to the trinity frame.

2) Why not an event where your clan dojo gets invaded and once you and your clanmates have cleared it, you earn a statue or something for the dojo.

3) Save the obstacle course timing in dojo, give options to expand dojo difficulty, add room to training room where you battle enemy types (it is a training room after all).

4) Have an event where you pick a side and when you are launched you face not only the other faction but the team of other 4 tenno's that joined the other side.  It's non-trivial programming but it makes the game so much more interesting.

5) As a PS4 player, I'd like to request that survival missions get a max time limit (15 minutes?) until stability issues are handled.  There's nothing like the feeling that once you've hit 15 minutes at any second you will get the dreaded crash and report error to Sony screen and you've lost everything you've earned.

6) Have you tested the thought of a warframe that can combine other warframe abilities (maybe a dojo only build, making the dojo tenno lab a bit more useful).  Looks like there are 4 frame abilities, why not have a frame where you can choose your type 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ability from all of your other owned abilities. Limit the ability assignments to their cost level so someone couldn't pick all of the level 4 abilities only.

7) Either generate a planet that has amazing drops but is extremely hard even for good/experienced 4 tenno groups or possibly create a major raid boss for 4-8 tenno groups that is extremely hard but has good quality rare only (or new category) drops.  I say this because i'm a noob and all I had to do was max forma my primary and warframe and running all planets and T3 exterminates are now fairly trivial as a solo and I would think late game could offer a world boss that is likely going to cost you 1 or 2 of your daily deaths to get through and possibly will wipe a party.  Maybe make it an infested homeworld (not just an existing world that the infested have assaulted) or make the boss have it's own tenno powers, heck a hilarious mini-boss would be the stalker unleashed on all party members mid-boss fight.

8) Make a T4, T5 key set.  If I can solo T3 exterminate and i'm new, I can only imagine people who have been around for a while are bored to tears with tower runs.  It looks likes it's the same board, just make the enemies harder and add more of them and promise better drops.

1. Option availabe.  I've mapped it to my controller before.

2. Would mean clan-less out of the picture, not to mention only 4 ppl per mission.

3. Possible, new dojo stuff being worked on.

4. Possible, unlikely given scuttlebutt about engine limitations.  Would be a conclave game type.

5.  No. Just no. 

6. New warframe is new warframe.  Talk about generic warframe abilities is just talk.  Focus system is closest you'll get.

7. Do longer survival/defense.  Raid boss/multiple 4 man groups, see 4 about engine limitations.

8. See 7

1. Option availabe.  I've mapped it to my controller before.

2. Would mean clan-less out of the picture, not to mention only 4 ppl per mission.

3. Possible, new dojo stuff being worked on.

4. Possible, unlikely given scuttlebutt about engine limitations.  Would be a conclave game type.

5.  No. Just no. 

6. New warframe is new warframe.  Talk about generic warframe abilities is just talk.  Focus system is closest you'll get.

7. Do longer survival/defense.  Raid boss/multiple 4 man groups, see 4 about engine limitations.

8. See 7

Thanks for the comments.

I'll have to look up 1.  I didn't see it in options but if it's there, i'll definitely be turning it on.

On 5, 7, 8  Stability is a major problem and I think it's something that needs to be worked out.  When probably 80% of all of my survival missions past 15 minutes crash the entire Warframe program and lead to a report error mission (I'd say 100% past 30 minutes on my frost warframe) then I thought a temporary fix would be better than PS4 people calling for no survivals.  I already see people in PS4 section saying they will not play them again until stability is improved and that's with the latest patch.  Notice, this also applies to longer mobile defense missions now as well.

On 5, 7, 8  Stability is a major problem and I think it's something that needs to be worked out.  When probably 80% of all of my survival missions past 15 minutes crash the entire Warframe program and lead to a report error mission (I'd say 100% past 30 minutes on my frost warframe) then I thought a temporary fix would be better than PS4 people calling for no survivals.  I already see people in PS4 section saying they will not play them again until stability is improved and that's with the latest patch.  Notice, this also applies to longer mobile defense missions now as well.

Make sure you've port forwarded.

I have had no real problems with Warframe crashing on me beyond one or two times.  Sometimes host will crash.  Vauban vortex bug was a problem.  Sometimes unbearable lag.  Limit your ping to 300 or less and hope for the best.  Also helps to have fast internet.  Managed well with TWC 15 down <1 up, only more improved now that im rocking FIOS.

They've had quite a bit of stability improvement since PS4 launch, a lot of loot/bodies decaying quicker in survivals has helped a lot.  I know more stability fixes are incoming.  May come down to a broadband bottleneck/playing with low ping players.

Make sure you've port forwarded.

I have had no real problems with Warframe crashing on me beyond one or two times.  Sometimes host will crash.  Vauban vortex bug was a problem.  Sometimes unbearable lag.  Limit your ping to 300 or less and hope for the best.  Also helps to have fast internet.  Managed well with TWC 15 down <1 up, only more improved now that im rocking FIOS.

They've had quite a bit of stability improvement since PS4 launch, a lot of loot/bodies decaying quicker in survivals has helped a lot.  I know more stability fixes are incoming.  May come down to a broadband bottleneck/playing with low ping players.

Cool, thanks again for the comments.  I'll take a look and doublecheck all of my network stuff.  I have port forwarding all ranges set-up from my WoW days and i'm using TWC turbo which is supposed to be 20 down but is more like 10-15 down and around 1 up.  So I don't think it's a network/internet speed issue as I rarely have any issues with other mission types and certainly no issues with other PS4 games.  Looking on the forums, there are tons and tons of people indicating survival crashes with PS4.  I have a feeling it's the warframes in play at the time.  My few successful 30 minutes plus runs without a crash have been using nova not my normal frost with only 1 other person and those missions ran incredibly smoothly.  With frost it will always crash just a matter of when after 15 minutes of play.