Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Cheating.

Hanzo29

Yes, Several clans used alt accounts "fake accounts" to generate scores and up their total. some of them cited that this was because more members = highers score. so to be competitive the had to fake members rather than just find them.

You do know that DE made it so alts don't count towards the score and banned some high profile warbros members for complaining about it, right?

Of course, Warbros still won in the end, but at least they did it honestly.

But but can you really be competitive in a coop game ? Having a bigger score just means you played more... that is not a competition imo. Warframe is not a good game to be competitive in IMO.

It's more like a relay race.  Just because you aren't clubbing the other team with your baton, doesn't mean it isn't competitive.  You've got your team and they've got theirs. The one with the best time (or score in this case) wins.

And since there are prizes for the top 3...

The play more bit doesn't necessarily apply either, since better players should be able to achieve a better score with less time than players who aren't as good.  Though obviously playing more helps you to figure out how to better maximize your time.  Even with a lot of playtime though, without the right mindset, you aren't going to get a high score.

It's more like a relay race.  Just because you aren't clubbing the other team with your baton, doesn't mean it isn't competitive.  You've got your team and they've got theirs. The one with the best time (or score in this case) wins.

And since there are prizes for the top 3...

The play more bit doesn't necessarily apply either, since better players should be able to achieve a better score with less time than players who aren't as good.  Though obviously playing more helps you to figure out how to better maximize your time.  Even with a lot of playtime though, without the right mindset, you aren't going to get a high score.

Players with better gear will almost always beat a player with lesser gear if they have the same level of skill.

A player with better gear will still beat many players with more skill due to gear and luck.

That doesn't even count in cheap tricks to boost.

As far as these competitions go though, I've mostly lost interest in them due to all the bugs and glitches in the game that can either increase your score unfairly or decrease it unfairly.  (Like the cicero event where everyone brought the 100 point antitoxin but it only counted as 310 points due to a bug).

Players with better gear will almost always beat a player with lesser gear if they have the same level of skill.

A player with better gear will still beat many players with more skill due to gear and luck.

That doesn't even count in cheap tricks to boost.

As far as these competitions go though, I've mostly lost interest in them due to all the bugs and glitches in the game that can either increase your score unfairly or decrease it unfairly.  (Like the cicero event where everyone brought the 100 point antitoxin but it only counted as 310 points due to a bug).

The first isn't necessarily true.  Since you played against set level NPC enemies in this event, combined with the nature of the event (the core mattered), you reach a point where additional gear doesn't really matter.

The second is true.  Played with many an uber in various MMOs that weren't very good players, that skated by on their gear.  I'm sure they were fine on raids at not doing the wrong thing, but without the raid leader to do their thinking for them, they weren't very good.  Irrelevant to what I said though.  Ubers, at least the good ones, play considerably more efficiently than most players.  They tend to do more in less time.  Time doesn't translate into better gear in a linear fashion, in other words.

Tricks are the maximization part.  Although there's always a fine line between strategy and exploit.

And yeah, I've got no interest in competing in the events either.  I've got no shot (single member clan, so no way to win).  The event also needs enough factors that there isn't a "max" score.  Perfection shouldn't be possible, so there is always room to improve.  The focus on numbers isn't ideal either.  It really should take something like the best X scores from a clan, where X is some number between the max and min size for that sort of clan.

Edited by Axterix13

Again im not talking about what warbros did there were several other clans that cheated and we're not penalized.

Your suggesting that because you can cheat that you should. apply that kind of thinking to murder. because you can get away with it its not wrong....NO its still murder, its still cheating.

Alt accounts were not the only exploit in this event. 

I wasn't specificly referring to warbros, in fact, it was a script that caught warbros. That said, warbros were the only ones with large amounts of alt accounts in the clan, so they were the only ones noticeably hurt.

You are now making assumptions without looking into any research.

Also, I did not suggest that they do cheat, I simply pointed out that it is't an option exclusively available to a certain group of people. You took no time to really comprehend the post. (Also, you can't penalize someone for something that is technically part of the game at the time, and you really can't really stop them from doing it/penalize them for it if you cannot truly prove they did it, as they may have simply gotten a miraculously high score.)

The first isn't necessarily true.  Since you played against set level NPC enemies in this event, combined with the nature of the event (the core mattered), you reach a point where additional gear doesn't really matter.

The second is true.  Played with many an uber in various MMOs that weren't very good players, that skated by on their gear.  I'm sure they were fine on raids at not doing the wrong thing, but without the raid leader to do their thinking for them, they weren't very good.  Irrelevant to what I said though.  Ubers, at least the good ones, play considerably more efficiently than most players.  They tend to do more in less time.  Time doesn't translate into better gear in a linear fashion, in other words.

Tricks are the maximization part.  Although there's always a fine line between strategy and exploit.

And yeah, I've got no interest in competing in the events either.  I've got no shot (single member clan, so no way to win).  The event also needs enough factors that there isn't a "max" score.  Perfection shouldn't be possible, so there is always room to improve.  The focus on numbers isn't ideal either.  It really should take something like the best X scores from a clan, where X is some number between the max and min size for that sort of clan.

I was specifically pointing at the exploit side.  Was trying not to state it too clearly since I use that word too often.

The first I said almost always, not always.  Certain games, it is worse than others.

I'm more of a "pro" than a pay player in mmos.  I get by with just my own ability and when it comes to cash shop currency or subscriptions, I generally use my ability to gain those through other players.  (In some games, completely allowed, other games, they turn a blind eye to it (if you get scammed, it is completely on you)).

This is the first time a clan gets penalized for exploiting during an event..

I remember the grineer informant drone event had a bug where you could make all the enemy respawns by running into a pipe.

During the fomorian event it was possible to place four corrupted and get additional score.

No clans were punished.

Maybe DE should take more time refining these special missions so they won't have abusable bugs/exploits