The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I Have Fps Drops.......

StevoPhilo

Windows 8.1

Gigabyte GTX 770 ( 4gb VRAM)

8gb of DDR3 1600

1tb HD

AMD Phenom II 1100XT (6 core processor) 3.4 Ghz.

It's annoying as hell. This game needs some more optimization cause I sure didn't have this problem until patch 12......

Its because of WINDOWS 8 FROM HELL!! LOL JK, try toning down your settings a smidge.

Still doesn't work. It was one of the first few things that I tried doing as soon as it happened and I still have the same issue.

My CPU and GPU temps are fine too. sitting at around 40 degrees celsius at MOST.

I'm trying to run in driect x9 with multi-threading off and using 32 bit instead to see if any of those work better for me. 

It only happens when there is more players. Solo I do okay, but with others my FPS drops drastically.

Game is running poorly since they "optimized" graphics in one the last few patches.

I can see it in the frame time, it was usually around 6.9ms, now its double on most survival maps and in dojo its up to 20ms.

System:

3570k @ 4.2

8gb ram

780ti using 144hz monitor

Windows 8.1

Most of the time previous my FPS was close to 144, but lately it drops below 60 AND feels laggy.

Small defense maps like Lares seem fine.

More people are seeing the increased demands on system resources after the last couple patches which are turning more into Bug/Glitch Inserts then actual patches.

I'd like them to do some serious optimizing and add features the community asked for a year ago rather then adding new mods and weapons.

My FPS is actually much more stable after the last few patches (2x AMD 6850's crossfire).

Try running in windowed mode and watching your graphics memory usage and system memory usage.

I suspect that Nvidia defers GPU memory deletions until enough have accumulated to delay graphics processing.  Multi-threaded rendering should help here and you will need 64 bit mode if your graphics card has more than ~3.96 GB of ram.  DX11 should be disabled while testing.  A lot of its features don't require DE to do much code but it adds a lot of overhead.

To the guy with the 7850, make sure that you aren't getting clocked down by watching a program like GPU-Z.  Radeons don't often clock down but when they do, all hell breaks loose.

EDIT:  If I un-crossfire, I get around 40 FPS on max everything with DX11 and multi-threaded rendering but it's clear than I'm CPU limited.

Hi Guys,

I've experienced almost the same as you, only I'm running on a FX 6100 micro and a 7870oc (both are overclocked since my cooling allows me to do it, the 7870 a bit more than the usual overclock from factory).

My fps went from over easily 100 fps on solo void missions to sometimes 40, when I'm with other ppl it's also the same, sometimes it would even go to 30 fps (freaked out when I saw once that it was hitting a 28fps wall for a while).

I've even had black screens in warframe (just changed my overclock settings and that apparently seemed to fix the issue but this was happening only with warframe and not with other games, which is really weird), while other games such as BF4 and Bioshock infinite run with a performance way better than this game and no black screens or anything of the sort happening.

So I've found that removing directx11 and the 64bit option in the launcher sort of helped (I say sort of since it's not really helping that much), but to be honest... I don't want to play the game under the conditions that from update to update I won't really see a significative change on graphics but I will see a significative drop in performance, sure if I compare 12.ish hotfixes with R 7.0 or R 10.0 it looks better, but under the conditions that apparently each time we'll get supposedly better graphics for such a poor performance I don't think I'll support or get prime accesses for this game anymore.