The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe On A Laptop...

006-GRIDFIRE

Question

It's the intel chipset it came with. I tried going into the launcher and it automatically had DX11 unchecked with no way of checking it. I switched to 32-bit to see if there was a difference but there's not much if any. Graphics/video drivers are up to date (for a year old laptop anyways).

Yeah, playing with the onboard video is going to be pretty dicey. I'd try turning all your settings down to minimums and seeing how it looks there, then slowly bumping them up. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Yeah, playing with the onboard video is going to be pretty dicey. I'd try turning all your settings down to minimums and seeing how it looks there, then slowly bumping them up. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Already did it, not much better. My friend who has a laptop around the same age as mine has better framerate for whatever reason...and the only reason I can come up with is that maybe it's Malwarebytes that's causing it...but it's only manually turned on otherwise it's not using resources.

Yes, I play on an Alienware 14.

Specs:

CPU - i7 4700MQ @ 3.2 Ghz

RAM - 8 GB

Primary DIsk - 256 GB SSD

GPU - nVidia GeForce GTX 765M w/ 2 GB video memory

Running at 60 fps @ 1680x1050, max settings on an external LCD monitor from quite a few years back.

Definitely playable on a laptop. If you want something that can play it, find something comparable to these specs as you can find these kind of specs for a much cheaper price than from Alienware.

I do suggest Asus, Lenovo, MSI, Clevo, etc. There's lots of places.

As for Alienware, I bought it for ~$1,200, so there's a good comparable price point. You can find a laptop like mine for maybe $800 or less. I chose Alienware because I, for one, have financing with them, so a year of $110 monthly payments, I've had other laptops from them in the past, their build quality is superb and doesn't feel like the cheap kind of plastic you find on most laptops, and they have been reliable. But like I stated, only get an Alienware if you have the extra spending cash, as it will be worth it. Downsides to the AW 14 - a little thicker, heavier, and can get kinda loud with the fans. But of course that means better cooling ;)

EDIT: Forgot about Clevo ha.

Edited by kikujiro

I was wondering whether any Tenno play this on a laptop?

If so could you let me know how it runs,maybe what laptop it is?

I work away a lot and was wondering about getting a laptop to run warframe.....

Thanks

I know my girlfriend plays Warframe on a laptop. She doesn't run it on fullscreen mode and uses her touchpad to play, not an external USB mouse; I do not know any other information than that. I am sorry.

I run mine on a laptop (only comp I have lol)

On the lowest settings I can get seemingly good FPS usually around 20 fps average. It can raise to 30-36 solo sometimes, but in heavy missions with lots of opponents it can drop to 10 FPS and really lag like heck. And thats not even mentioning the fact that the one side of my laptop heats up fast so I can feel the heat through the keyboard so get some drop from that too.

I play on a laptop, and runs like crap...

...then again I have to keep this thing from melting by covering it in bags of frozen vegetables due to the fan being broken.

So my guess is that it's not a very good laptop.

You'd probably be better off spending a few bucks for a laptop cooler, and making sure all the dust and crap is blown out of its vents.

I run warframe on a kind of crappy laptop for gaming and it runs ok on the lowest settings, there are some areas were the frame rate will become a problem but most of the time it is playable and enjoyable.

this. Make sure u get a mouse too!

I'm running warframe on my laptop.. and it works fine. It's a toshiba satellite l550-207

Still... if i had a choice, i'd use a tower pc.

Seeing the cpu temperature raise to 70° hurts my soul.

Many laptops are rated to 90C these days, its just something that happens when you've got a laptop. Cleaning dust out can drop temps a good 20C though, if you're comfortable handling it I would do it every 3 months

You'd probably be better off spending a few bucks for a laptop cooler, and making sure all the dust and crap is blown out of its vents.

I know that, mate. I was planning on doing that eventually.

However at the moment, no tengo dinero.

They don't help very much trust me :S its minimal at best. I have better luck using a normal fan in addition to a cooling tray. Since the cooling tray doesn't work as good as you would think.