Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Arma The Arsenal Frame

Ether_SolRac

i dont really think this has a setting in this game, everytime i read your idea, i can only think mecha or transformers... we are talking about warframes here, suits with a soul....

the character you seem to be proposing, seems to be way Op from the get go, theres no real progression for it, it begins with its own set of weapons and requires none other from the game, operates outside the logic behind the rest of the characters...

you talk about heat sinks, plates, power cells, cannons in the chest.... when you start reading it like this you have to notice that it doesnt sound like an warframe, but more and more like a mech, or some sort of walking tank...

i think you fleshed out a good idea, and i appreciate the effort you put into developing this awesome character, but me at least cannot support something that deviates so much from the core idea of what warframes are.... 

And I’d honestly have to agree with you. I‘m actually rather surprised that a post like yours didn‘t come sooner. I knew from the start that this idea wouldn't work but it was a nice little exercise and it kept me entertained. I thought it would be better to just put it down instead of just forgetting it later, but in the end I probably took it farther than I should have. I even stated this in the first paragraph so that I hopefully don't waste anyone’s time who is looking for a more serious idea.

I suppose that the very least I could do is try to explain my idea a little more clearly since I think I pretty much ruined the way its described. My idea for Arma was that instead of its ability being that it can channel elements or overexert its body, its power would actually be that it generates raw energy and that the way it channels this energy is through the power cores that are attached to it. I said the pieced armor look because of how the weapons attached to it are intended to be removable and the cables (mostly a mix between an organic and mechanical look) travel along parts of its body to directly power this weaponry. And yes you really are correct when it comes to the “walking tank” concept as it eventually molded itself into that ideal. I suppose I thought it would be a Vauban/engineer like concept except instead of spawning technology Arma took that technology to improve itself.

Also I said in the original post that I suck at balance. I’m studying creative writing so I’m better at concepts and stories then what’s really required to bring a warframe to life. I’d attempt to make some lore or fan fiction for Warframe but there is so little actual lore to base anything on that it just feels like dangerous territory to me.

So before I ramble on any further, I’d just like to thank you for taking the time to read what I’ve made nonetheless.

Edited by Ether_SolRac