The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Rhino "heavier"

Brimir

You know how Zephyr is "lighter" than the other Warframes? She descends slower when falling and stuff. In general she feels "floaty".

I think Rhino should be the opposite: he should be the "heaviest" Warframe. Make him feel "bulkier" - perhaps by adding a slight delay before he reaches top speed when sprinting. To compensate you could give him 1.0 "Speed units" like Rhino Prime.

Or something like that.

You could also just go the cosmetic route and add little things like a tiny impact effect whenever he lands on the ground.

You know how Zephyr is "lighter" than the other Warframes? She descends slower when falling and stuff. In general she feels "floaty".

I think Rhino should be the opposite: he should be the "heaviest" Warframe. Make him feel "bulkier" - perhaps by adding a slight delay before he reaches top speed when sprinting. To compensate you could give him 1.0 "Speed units" like Rhino Prime.

Or something like that.

You could also just go the cosmetic route and add little things like a tiny impact effect whenever he lands on the ground.

He already is heavier. it's why his base speed is .90.

Has anyone proven that the reported 1.o speed on Rhino Prime is accurate?

I...

Wow, good idea, thats fantastic.  It would certainly help balance out Rhino.

Balance him how?

If I'm correct this was talked about in an older stream

As Zephyr was an experience to test how warframes deal with weight.

Loki would feel lighter to run and move than Sayrn not just with speed but general momentum.

If that's true, that'd be pretty sweet.

Now, he is slower. There is a difference. All Warframes except Zephyr have the same weight.

Edited by Brimir

i think each frame should have passive abilites like what you said with rhino being heavier, i was hoping for more like volt has resistance against electric, and frost has Resistance against ice. ember fire... ect ect. not all would be damage resistances some would be like rhino being heavy or zephry being lighter.

this would also give reason to choose a frame not because of damage output or how fast you can run. 

also to add on to the topic, i think rhino should have a slight resistance to knock back. because he is supposed to be heavy

Edited by paul62626

Has anyone proven that the reported 1.o speed on Rhino Prime is accurate?

yes it is accurate

With the Vanguard, Rhino can easily keep up with a Loki

heaven forbid you throw rush on him too

Rhino shouldnt be that fast, which is why I think he should have gotten an armor buff instead of speed

yes it is accurate

With the Vanguard, Rhino can easily keep up with a Loki

heaven forbid you throw rush on him too

Rhino shouldnt be that fast, which is why I think he should have gotten an armor buff instead of speed

Where was it proven? I haven't seen any such proof.

I didn't mention the vanguard helmet, I was keeping up with Loki's with that thing long before Rhino Prime was introduced.

Sorry for the de-rail OP!

Now, he is slower. There is a difference. All Warframes except Zephyr have the same weight.

Umm.. is it really? from what I've read here so far it seems people are having trouble separating speed and weight. A rhino in real life is heavy, but it's also pretty fast. To be honest I would like him having a bit more things to show the weight of the frame, messing with speed however is not something that interests me. As anyone can tell you back in the days before the super rhino helmet Rhino's fell behind all the time. Now all thats really changed is he is allowed to be at the front, like  a tank should be, so he can get in on the larger battles.  But yes you are quite right about the weight being the same all around save for the new girl.

Where was it proven? I haven't seen any such proof.

I didn't mention the vanguard helmet, I was keeping up with Loki's with that thing long before Rhino Prime was introduced.

Sorry for the de-rail OP!

there have been multiple videos showing rhino walking, rhino prime walking, rhino sprinting, rhino prime sprinting, all timed.

Umm.. is it really? from what I've read here so far it seems people are having trouble separating speed and weight. A rhino in real life is heavy, but it's also pretty fast. To be honest I would like him having a bit more things to show the weight of the frame, messing with speed however is not something that interests me. As anyone can tell you back in the days before the super rhino helmet Rhino's fell behind all the time. Now all thats really changed is he is allowed to be at the front, like  a tank should be, so he can get in on the larger battles.  But yes you are quite right about the weight being the same all around save for the new girl.

I'm not asking for his speed to be changed.

As I said, speed=/=weight.

If it were, wouldn't Zephyr move the fastest?

If that's true, that'd be pretty sweet.

We don't have any information asserting their actual weights.

What we do know is that Rhino, Saryn, and Frost (leaving Valkyr out of this as it confuses things) have more armor and their base run speed are lower to compensate.

Lighter armored frames have higher run speeds.

Zephyr is built with Oxium which is a lighter than air alloy, if she didn't have the armor she'd be floating all over the place.

there have been multiple videos showing rhino walking, rhino prime walking, rhino sprinting, rhino prime sprinting, all timed.

got a link?

I ask because I have Rhino prime and I don't see a speed increase. I also use the Thrak helmet alot and am used to compensating for his Rhino's slow base speed.

Edited by Padre_Akais

What we do know is that Rhino, Saryn, and Frost (leaving Valkyr out of this as it confuses things) have more armor and their base run speed are lower to compensate.

Unlike the other armoured Warframes, Rhino is often referred to as the heaviest though.

We don't have any information asserting their actual weights.

Lighter armored frames have higher run speeds.

Zephyr is built with Oxium which is a lighter than air alloy, if she didn't have the armor she'd be floating all over the place.

you can see "weight" in action by how they jump. They jump roughly the same height off the ground (not talking about while they are in forward motion, just 2 stationary frames jumping up and down) Zephyr is floaty because of the time it takes her to touch back down on the ground after jumping is longer than other frames.

If gravity were a thing: Rhino wouldnt have able to jump as high or as fluidly as Loki (working on 2 ends on the spectrum for clarity)

Things that are heavy can more slowly but this isnt always the case. That is some physics I dont feel like talking about

Edited by Anatolius

Another thing; Rhino is conditioned to move in his heavier Warframe. There's no reason he should be that much slower than the rest. Slower acceleration, perhaps, but not top speed.

sounds reasonable, but weight should also have an effect on how much stamina running uses then. the idea would bring another meaning to weight, and would even make marathon worthwhile for a fast but heavy rhino for example; you want to keep that speed once you got enough momentum. you could go even farther by allowing frames to tackle enemies with effects depending on speed/weight and probably armor, would make rhinos 1 kind of redundant but would certainly be a funny thing to see, one of those rhinos charging through masses of infested 

I would approve, it be like adding Heavy Impact but without the neat and devastating knockdown.  Just a crack and dent on the floor/ground you landed on.

Exactly! Just the effect, not the actual damage n' stuff.