The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Rhino "heavier"

Brimir

I like these ideas, especially the heavier footstep sounds for the Rhino, but I'm still irked by the fact that Rhino has 190 armor with all that massive plating and Valkyr has 600 after having all of its original plating removed,  all that bulk is just for show.

Edit: To clarify, I do not wish to begin a discussion over balance, simply that the above is an odd quirk for me to deal with in-game.

Edited by Grand-Dozer

As long as it doesn't affect fall speed (which is a teensy bit less than believable), I support this wholeheartedly. I've always been bothered by the lack of feel for "inertia" in this game. Introducing it in the form of acceleration for Rhino would be simply awesome, and it would suit his theme perfectly.

Heavy footsteps would be a really nice touch, provided that it only applies to sprinting and not regular walking (he's still a ninja, after all).

Edited by SortaRandom

I like these ideas, especially the heavier footstep sounds for the Rhino, but I'm still irked by the fact that Rhino has 190 armor with all that massive plating and Valkyr has 600 after having all of its original plating removed,  all that bulk is just for show.

Edit: To clarify, I do not wish to begin a discussion over balance, simply that the above is an odd quirk for me to deal with in-game.

Its because her original design concept flopped entirely when it went from on paper to in-game. They had to perform several "emergency fixes" and each one gave her moar and moar armor.

all those shield generators need some space, and then there's another layer of armor. valkyr is carrying almost no shield generators at all and her armor might be of higher quality. that's at least how i'd explain it

Edited by MortalSin