The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx's Mind Control

(PSN)LUCKY_JOEL

Her first ability feels very unappreciated, literally no one seems to care who you have used it on, or they just plain don't see it in effect. Even if its a Shield Osprey (Even though the AI on them is utterly crappy). I think it needs a slight buff in terms of what it should do. You only do get one converted enemy for a limited amount of time and it is always attacked by clueless Players.

Simply, I would suggest it to be a permanent ability. Only used on one enemy, unable to be killed by friendly fire, and its AI should be fixed to where it should only accompany the user. If any Nyx wants to get rid of their current mind controlled enemy, they can simply kill it themselves, use the ability again on something else and relieve of the one you had used, reverting it back as a hostile.

While the rant may be unnecessary but I just feel like there is no use for using Mind Control when you have Absorb and Chaos. And Mind Control itself could have been a lot better if it was given something more permanent. 

Simply, I would suggest it to be a permanent ability. Only used on one enemy, unable to be killed by friendly fire

Trollface.png

If you put a mechanic like that in place, you should also allow people to kill the minion if it's the last enemy of a defense wave or extermination mission.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Trollface.png

If you put a mechanic like that in place, you should also allow people to kill the minion if it's the last enemy of a defense wave or extermination mission.

That is where you simply mark off that said MCed enemy as dead. Until at least you decide to not keep it any longer.

That is where you simply mark off that said MCed enemy as dead. Until at least you decide to not keep it any longer.

Well, that's happening right now in interception missions, so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible. Didn't mention it before because I wasn't sure whether or not this was a bug.

Keep the timer on, but makes it unable to be kill by team mates.

Bad idea.  I want my team to kill it.  I just don't want it killing my team while they do that.  Plus they'd waste bullets on it anyway.

What it really needs is a good visual effect, something very distinct, that says "This mob is MC'd".  That way, good players can easily know that it is MC'd, and decide whether it needs killing now or later accordingly.

Bad idea.  I want my team to kill it.  I just don't want it killing my team while they do that.  Plus they'd waste bullets on it anyway.

What it really needs is a good visual effect, something very distinct, that says "This mob is MC'd".  That way, good players can easily know that it is MC'd, and decide whether it needs killing now or later accordingly.

Only if it was that simple... I would totally agree but then you might have some idiot who wants to kill it anyways. The problem is I want to use that MC'd enemy for its abilities, like Ancient's Healing, or Osprey's shield boost. But if they get in the way for w/e reason, they will die in the cross fire of your Tenno players. 

Edited by (PS4)LUCKY_JOEL

They have to do something to fix it.

Make it invulnerable to damage during the time, but lessen the casting range and lessen the time controlled, no more than 15 seconds with max duration on, I'd say.

While under the effect it does not count as an enemy for Defenses or Extermination missions, and it could be an "invalid target" if it's the last enemy there to kill for either. While it's under the effect in Defense, it doesn't count if it's the last enemy, but as a friendly: Exterminations, the timer just has to wear off before killing it, then counted as an invalid target.

Only if it was that simple... I would totally agree but then you might have some idiot who wants to kill it anyways. The problem is I want to use that MC'd enemy for its abilities, like Ancient's Healing, or Osprey's shield boost. But if they get in the way for w/e reason, they will die in the cross fire of your Tenno players. 

And the fact that MC lights the enemy up like a Christmas tree doesn't make your teammates shoot it less, unless they are experienced enough or care.

or better yet

buff all 1st abilities

most of the 1st abilities on all warframes suck

Saryn's first ability is great, just gotta be a good shot... ANd you can cast it multiple times on a single target. Should see how fast Lech Kril dies once his weakspot is gone.

Edited by (PS4)LUCKY_JOEL