The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Powers Should Be A Default Of The Frame

kscott190

Not quite, since weapons have ammo that can only be used by them.  You accidentally firing your primary has zero impact on your secondary or melee, ammo-wise.  All powers draw from the same "ammo" pool though, so hitting the wrong button by accident would expend resources you could otherwise have used on another power.  Hitting 4 while playing Ash could not only lock you into an overly long sequence, but would also gobble 100 energy (base) that you might have preferred to use on Smoke Screens instead.

Of course, one could just say he shouldn't be hitting the wrong button ;)

And a person can change their interface to only use the power they have selected when pressing a certain button.

Making powers a default for every warframe would be either A: Overkill cause you get 10 modslots or B: limit some frames severely when taking away those 4 former powerslots. Some frames simply need extensive modding and don't even posses 4 worthwhile abilities, their abilities need way to much mods to work just as good as other abilities. Examples would be Embers world of fire, you need range, strength and duration, and probably efficiency if you want to use it effectively. Now look at frames like Nova, her antimatter drop performs well with range and efficiency, molecular prime performs well as a debuff even without power strength and her wormhole is still useable even with a short duration, only her first skill suffers. As long as a frame is limited severely by keeping abilities it's a bad idea, i have to disagree with making all 4 powers a default.

That's why I think abilities should have their own modding pages. You could tweak abilities to their strengths or how you want them to perform individually, diversifying your skillset in the process. Of course, there's also the issue that everyone is just going to stack range and efficiency on Chaos and nothing else, but it's not like builds don't already do that.

We'll have to see how Melee 2.0 implements its separate combos loadout first.

And a person can change their interface to only use the power they have selected when pressing a certain button.

That's messy though, since you'd have to adjust it whenever you swapped frames (if you put the powers you don't want to use far enough away to not accidentally hit).  But yes, someone who has real problems with hitting wrong buttons could remap their UI to address the issue.

That's messy though, since you'd have to adjust it whenever you swapped frames (if you put the powers you don't want to use far enough away to not accidentally hit).  But yes, someone who has real problems with hitting wrong buttons could remap their UI to address the issue.

And what about people who accidentally weapon swap?

And what about people who accidentally weapon swap?

They hit the key a second time and swap back?  And then they'll still have all the ammo they had before hand to use the weapon they want to use.  So again, not really relevant.

And just to make it clear, I have no problem with people using power if they hit the wrong button.  If they don't like it, they need to not hit the wrong button.  I'm merely pointing out that your comparisons are flawed.

Edited by Axterix13

They hit the key a second time and swap back?  And then they'll still have all the ammo they had before hand to use the weapon they want to use.  So again, not really relevant.

And just to make it clear, I have no problem with people using power if they hit the wrong button.  If they don't like it, they need to not hit the wrong button.  I'm merely pointing out that your comparisons are flawed.

I am/was aware that it was not a perfect analogy. It's an inconvenience caused by hitting the wrong button. Comparison complete. That was literally all I was saying.

Edited by Leuca