Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Weapons Should Be Powerful

nickelshark

Recently those who scored at least 500 points in the tethra event received their gorgon wraith. Now first off I love the gorgon and have been waiting for the wraith version to come out. When it did and the stats where released I was disappointed to see this weapon follow the same trend as the machete wraith and the wraith twin vipers,just an alt skin with slightly better stats. In my opinion event weapons should be real upgrades comparable to prime weapons.

Yes, there are gonna be people crying that they can't get this event weapon or that event weapon but that's the point of prime weapons which everyone can get. Why should they not be on par with prime weapons? People had to work for them(although I will admit the past 3 events where fairly easy). For example, I missed out on survival weekend, and when I saw people running around with the strun wraith I was a bit jealous I admit but when the boar prime came out (up. 11) I had forgotten all about the strun wraith. So if you don't get that awesome event weapon whether it be a wraith or vandal there are prime weapons. However the real situation is it dosen't matter anymore because wraiths and vandals don't stand up to primes anymore.  Buff those event weapons please. In my eyes it is not unfair if event weapons are awesome and great. I didn't get the strun wraith because I didn't know about the game, I have no reason to upset over such a thing.

So will wraiths and vandals ever be the way they should be and be on par with primes or will event weapons from now on just alternate skins with an ever so slight stat boost? Oh and research weapons are a whole other barrel of monkeys too.

Well Wraith Vipers are one of the best weapons in the game. 

So i guess sometimes we will get a few event weapons that will really shine up there in top tier weapons.

But sometimes we will get "just" this very good weapons that are definitely an improvement over their normal counterpart.

They should be powerful, but they shouldn't be the most powerful of their class. That just isn't how any kind of exclusive should work in a game like this, it inevitably leads to serious power creep and we have enough of a problem with that already.

Also so many people underestimate the Wraith Vipers.

No event weapons should not be more powerful then their counter parts, they should have unique skins/bling on them to prove that you deserved it. Is it that much fun to play a game and then realize that the best weapons in the game are locked off from you because you missed said event? Your reasoning that you had to work hard to get them is pathetic, people have ran more void missions/invasion missions trying to get the detron/brakk/prime weapons then you had to work for your event weapon that you got after a specific number or runs or score.

A mastery rank 0, potatoed, and free slot event weapon should be equal to its regular counter part, feel happy that event weapons get boosts over the regular versions.

Others will eventually be able to acquire Wraith/Vandal weapons, The only exclusive items are Founders.  Anything else has a good chance to be re-released later on ingame.  

As for them being better, eh some are better some arent oh well.  Not every Prime weapon is the god of all weapons, but Snipetron Vandal is pretty damn awesome, same with Strun Wraith.  Way I've seen it is each faction has their own prime type varient(Tenno=Prime, Corpus=Vandal, Grineer=Wraith Infested=Nothing as of yet)  So this goes along with my first sentance, I'm betting these Wraith/Vandal varients will be released in some kind of Hard tier Grineer/Corpus missions that are off the general solar map.  Maybe badlands?  I dunno I aint a psychic.

This has been mentioned in the Hot Topics, check it out.

Is the Lato and Skana Prime great? Nope, are they an upgrade? definitely. The Twin Vipers were already insanely good at burst.

As it stands the Gorgon wasn't that great to begin with... enough said.

The Strun Wraith however seems to be the only exception, 40% status chance wasn't a laughing matter.

Edited by un1337ninj4

This has been mentioned in the Hot Topics, check it out.

Is the Lato and Skana Prime great? Nope, are they an upgrade? definitely. The Twin Vipers were already insanely good at burst.

As it stands the Gorgon wasn't that great to begin with... enough said.

The Strun Wraith however seems to be the only exception, 40% status chance wasn't a laughing matter.

The only issue is that DE changed how shotguns proc/crit, so that 40% rarely happens. I have a 90% on my strun wraith and I am lucky to get a proc off every 30+ shots.