Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sound] Corpus Voice Set

ElnathduTaureau

Greetings,

I've witnessed a great deal of disappointment originating from the new voice set that was introduced with the latest major update. There are many players among you who think that Corpus units should sound more like humans and less like battle frenzied alien beasts.

I share this opinion. I for one believe that the new voice set sounds just like a higher-pitched version of the Grineer, something which shouldn't have happened considering the titanic gap between the two factions. Actually, it almost seems like some Grineer lines were reused for the Corpus, with only barely noticeable variations in tone or sound effects.

Given the fact that the Corpus are considered to be of French descent -that's what I read somewhere in a piece of background, and I've seen the word pop up several times in the forums already- I've taken the liberty of attempting to record several lines using my mediocre editing skills and equipment.

These lines are spoken in modern French. I may provide you with a translation if you feel the need to understand what's being said. Not that it's anything flashy or awe-inspiring...

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/a121ewi21v127ls/Sounds.zip

What do you guys think about this? Is this closer to the idea you had of Corpus voices? Do you believe these would fit in the game better than what we currently have?

Edited by ElnathduTaureau

I can understand the current robotic voice tone of the Corpus units as long as they're under their helmet, which seems to completely isolate them. The voice is probably amplified in order to be heard from outside the suit and it is distorted during the process. What makes me cringe a bit is that they still have the same voice even without the helmet and that sounds... weird. Yeah, they should sound a little more human when their helmets aren't wrapping their heads. This is what I think, at least.

Yep there should definitely be a difference between helmeted and 'unhelmeted' Corpus once their headgear has been removed by gunfire. I haven't bothered to do anything but helmeted variants here though. My bad!

And it's not about the robotic aspect of the voice, which is okay in its own right as far as I'm concerned. It's just that it sounds so crude, so brutal, so... 'Unfrench'. It's overlapping with the Grineer sound design and I don't like the way it interacts with Corpus aesthetics.