Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Random Warframe Ideas

Mcnancy

1. I think Volt would be a lot more popular if his energy shield could not only block incoming fire but also block incoming enemies, as in enemies have to move around the shields.

2. There should be a Warframe that can turn their Primary weapon into a kind of turret, or can summon a turret that has the properties of their Primary, forcing the Warframe to use it's secondary weapon.

3. Alternatively the same thing could be done with a Melee pet that takes your melee weapon and uses it's stats 

4. A Grineer Warframe that can turn into a rollerball that can roll along walls and ceilings would be fun.

5. A Warframe power that reflects bullets back at the shooter would be cool

6. There should be an anti gravity aura mod

7. and all this stuff would be even more cool if there was a stronger PvP element to the game.

Edited by Mcnancy

1. volt is plenty popular, and the issues people have with him are not because of his shield.

2. no.

3. melee pet yes (there is one coming soon), using your wep?  no.

4. funny, but no.

5. there is something like that already.

6. no, something like that would break many core mechanics of the game.

7. the conclave is a joke, so having more of it would not be a good thing.

7 cont.

if they really want to have pvp be something more than a joke, they need to give us faction vs faction pvp, not frame vs frame.

Edited by alchemistjkt

1. volt is plenty popular, and the issues people have with him are not because of his shield.

2. no.

3. melee pet yes (there is one coming soon), using your wep?  no.

4. funny, but no.

5. there is something like that already.

6. no, something like that would break many core mechanics of the game.

7. the conclave is a joke, so having more of it would not be a good thing.

7 cont.

if they really want to have pvp be something more than a joke, they need to give us faction vs faction pvp, not frame vs frame.

1: Just because his shield is good doesn't mean it can't be better. Maybe instead of just blocking enemies, have it proc electricity on them if they walk into it?

2: Why no? This actually sounds pretty cool, as long as it balances right. Think about it. Need to defend a chokepoint? Set up your Soma on a turret and pick off the ones that come through with your Akvasto! Trying to kill a boss? Set up a Lanka turret to support you, while setting up traps with your Castanas! The possibilities are awesome, as long as if the turret is destroyed, you don't have to walk over and pick up your weapon, and instead it just kinda warps back to you.

3: Since a lot of people don't mod their melee at all and just rely on their guns, this would give some incentive to actually put work into your weapon. I like it.

4: This would make things kinda weird, but if DE could make it work, it'd be pretty fun.

I think you skipped the bullet-reflection thing. That would be awesome. Maybe make it a mod for the shield-type weapons that are coming?

6 (Anti-Grav Aura): When he says "anti-gravity", I think he means more the Nightmare-Mode increased jumping, not just straight up anti-gravity.

Finally, the Conclaves do need work, but they're damn fun and not a joke. At the moment, they do need to get bigger, perhaps Clan V. Clan warfare between clans of the same type. Moving on, MAN would I love to see tactical use of the turret in Conclave. Here's an example: Use Castanas to set up a barrier to funnel someone towards a straightaway and have a turret mounted there, so they just kinda walk into it. It would be fun!

All in all, I like these ideas. +1.

I think you skipped the bullet-reflection thing. That would be awesome. Maybe make it a mod for the shield-type weapons that are coming?

There is a mod that reflects bullets though, and it already affects blocking. Shields, by default, should be good at blocking, and will hopefully give purpose to that mod.

Okay then not Volt.

But there should be a power that creates an actual barrier that enemies can't move through. The barrier has health that slowly degrades and can be attacked by enemies. This could be used to bottleneck and slow enemies. 

Power strength effects the barrier's armor total

Power duration effects the barrier's health degrade rate

Power range effects the barrier's size