The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random Freezing And Disconnecting.

CelticMerc

So since i started playing again the other day i have been getting random screen freezes that last anywhere from 5-20 secs while in a multilpayer game, after this i then get a host migration message and it either says connection lost to the host, will now return to multiplayer menu (or something along the lines of that) or host migration goes through but i end up in a game by myself and everyone else is gone (pretty annoying when in the middle of a high defense mission). Just wondering if anyone else has had this happening to them and if there is anyway to fix it?

Awww m8 you have no idea how many threads have been opened for this exact issue xD

Still no proven fixes are available to date I'm sorry...

Here are some threads to pass the time:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178888-periodical-freezing-followed-by-disconnections-has-been-happening-a-long-time-decided-to-finally-inquire-about-it-for-help/?p=2096540

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137572-random-10-second-freezes/

And my other one (I experience your same issue):

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187439-frustration-flavoured-10-seconds-of-death-game-freeze-with-subsequent-session-crash-and-insta-ragequit-with-forum-complaint-as-a-bonus/

I am actively trying to get rid of this issue. Could you please post your PC specs and antivirus?

Awww m8 you have no idea how many threads have been opened for this exact issue xD

Still no proven fixes are available to date I'm sorry...

Here are some threads to pass the time:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178888-periodical-freezing-followed-by-disconnections-has-been-happening-a-long-time-decided-to-finally-inquire-about-it-for-help/?p=2096540

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137572-random-10-second-freezes/

And my other one (I experience your same issue):

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187439-frustration-flavoured-10-seconds-of-death-game-freeze-with-subsequent-session-crash-and-insta-ragequit-with-forum-complaint-as-a-bonus/

I am actively trying to get rid of this issue. Could you please post your PC specs and antivirus?

Damn i was afraid someone was gonna say that, guess i need to just wait for a fix :-/

Sure specs are:

CPU - AMD FX 6400 (not overclocked)

GPU - AMD Radeon HD 7850

Ram - Kingston HyperX Beast 16gb

Antivirus - AVG

Thanks. I had a theory that probably the issue was triggered by the antivirus updating itself. Basically, I thought that when the antivirus is updating, and thus cannot operate properly, the whole system gets suspended from any internet traffic causing the hangs.

I have Avast by the way. Because we have two different antiviruses, I will discard the hypothesis of the antivirus updates being the cause.

You seem to have a pretty high-end gaming pc. I have a MUCH weaker system and paradoxically the hangs I experience are as long as yours (5-10 secs).

Thanks for your feedback :)

Thanks. I had a theory that probably the issue was triggered by the antivirus updating itself. Basically, I thought that when the antivirus is updating, and thus cannot operate properly, the whole system gets suspended from any internet traffic causing the hangs.

I have Avast by the way. Because we have two different antiviruses, I will discard the hypothesis of the antivirus updates being the cause.

You seem to have a pretty high-end gaming pc. I have a MUCH weaker system and paradoxically the hangs I experience are as long as yours (5-10 secs).

Thanks for your feedback :)

Yeah no prob, at least i know its not just me thats getting the problem and i dont need to replace something on my pc XD hopefully they will get it fixed soon, ending up solo in the higher levels of defense mission or getting disconnected and losing all the loot is pretty annoying :-/

Nope.

I have not had the disconnect but once since last weekend. It froze up on me last night after trading and then exiting the dojo. It sort of froze after I was returned to the solar map screen and then after giving an error message for the freeze it disconnected me. Something about no response from server. I should have screen captured it but I forgot to do it.

I waited a few minutes and it let me log in again and all was fine.

Nope.

I have not had the disconnect but once since last weekend. It froze up on me last night after trading and then exiting the dojo. It sort of froze after I was returned to the solar map screen and then after giving an error message for the freeze it disconnected me. Something about no response from server. I should have screen captured it but I forgot to do it.

I waited a few minutes and it let me log in again and all was fine.

mmh the hang should not display error messages, apart an "host migration" related message in case if you are in a mission while the hang happens.

If it says that the server can't be reached than that's simply the server being offline for maintenance purposes perhaps. Happened many times before. I don't think you are having the issue described by the op.

I have the exact same thing, only it usually freezes for more than a minute.

These are my specs:

5Z4caaf.gif

I've had a big conversation in support and the problem seemed to be in DirectX, but neither updating it, nor reinstalling it did the job. I even reinstalled Windows and also took my laptop to be cleaned because it was overheating, but now it's cool and Warframe still freezes.

Also if I manage to complete the first mission then Warframe is almost guaranteed not to freeze for the rest of the session.

• 1 month later...