Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want A Machete.

NikolaiLev

Snipetron was removed for lore reasons, it was a corpus weapon yet acted like a Tenno one, Snipetron Vandal was rewarded during a time where no forma's existed and you'd either need a massively modded weapon, a shotgun, or the actual Snipetron. to destroy the informants.

The problem with the removale of the Snipetron for lore reason is that we are still stuck with the Braton in 2 base variants, both are obviously Corpus based weapons. It even shows up as hologram in the energy research lab.

The only reason it was removed was because they were too lazy to make a new model for it, since it used the same model as the Lanka which fires plasma bolts. Though i think by now the lore is that the Snipetrons are actualy Lanka's which were stolen by the Grineer and modificated to fire kinetic projectiles, only to be stolen again by the Tenno.

In the end, it's a bit funny that they made Trinity to use what is obviously a Snipetron and not a Lanka in the Alad V. trailer. Essentialy hammering down the fact that it still officialy exists.

The informer were rather weak. I could one-hit kill them with a Braton, but my Kunai worked better. There was enough selection of guns that could destroy them in one hit that weren't sniper rifles or shotguns.