The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance Has Dimmed, A Lot More

Renathy

This is a major concern in a beta testing. If I can't play, I can't test. If I can't test, I can't provide the due feedback.

Currently, I cannot play Survival in Void over 25+ minutes. My frame-rate drops abysmally to the point that my game becomes unresponsive on mostly every way. Before this recent update, I had no issues in going above 25+, let alone 60, which I once did.

I don't really have the same problem. I can go 25+ over while still going strong with FPS. If anything, you can change the priority of Warframe using Task manager. Another solution would be to upgrade or purchase a new GPU.

Edited by Ject09

This is a major concern in a beta testing. If I can't play, I can't test. If I can't test, I can't provide the due feedback.

Well its a shame the devs don't look at it that way or else it would already be fixed. 

Performance fixes and optimizations do not equal platinum buys so... it gets pushed to later and later dates.

Question for you fellows Tenno: Are you using the Carrier? I'll post a video soon about some severe FPS drops due to that sentinel and the new (and annoying) Vacuum effects introduced in the latest update (12.5.0)

Just went in game to get the new syandana and got out... more performance issues!? Really!? Sheesh

If anything, you can change the priority of Warframe using Task manager. Another solution would be to upgrade or purchase a new GPU.

Yeah, best and most common solution. Spend the little money you have to buy new hardware. Or simply set its priority to high in the Task Manager, because it instantly gives you a frame-rate boost.

Like I said, problem is the update itself. Since Update 12, people have been suffering major lag issues, and since this last update, it has become slightly worse. 

Vacuum effects introduced in the latest update

You mean sound effects or just visual effects? If visual, I'll let you know that I have all options set to the possible lowest.

Edited by JRMC

I came here after just playing my first round for about 2 weeks. My computer is older, But i was avg around 20~25 fps consistently. So today after about 35 minutes up updating (which is fine) I fired WF up go play some.

NOTHING on my computer has changed, I have the graphics settings on minimum , Running 1024/768.

So i decided to play, first mission i did i could barley even walk much less run around, Aiming was impossible. So i turned the FPS meter on in setting and i now avg 7~9 FPS. 5 FPS in heavy combat.

I am very very sad. I love this game. I have spent money on this game, And its one of the newer MMO's i like that's able (was) to run on my older computer

My only resort is to turn it to 800x600... I just don't understand why i leave for 2 weeks avg over 20 FPS and after update Its so bad its unplayable

You mean sound effects or just visual effects? If visual, I'll let you know that I have all options set to the possible lowest.

I don't know exactly what causes it, but take a look at this thread wich includes the video I recorded, I'd say it's related (long missions with the Carrier keep dropping frames as you progress).

Not gonna lie, my concern for this games performance is only increasing. There are many of these threads already and DE hasn't really brought up WHY this is happening. I think in the previous livestream they mentioned they were aware of it but, they didn't tell us why it happened I think.

I came here after just playing my first round for about 2 weeks. My computer is older, But i was avg around 20~25 fps consistently. So today after about 35 minutes up updating (which is fine) I fired WF up go play some.

NOTHING on my computer has changed, I have the graphics settings on minimum , Running 1024/768.

So i decided to play, first mission i did i could barley even walk much less run around, Aiming was impossible. So i turned the FPS meter on in setting and i now avg 7~9 FPS. 5 FPS in heavy combat.

I am very very sad. I love this game. I have spent money on this game, And its one of the newer MMO's i like that's able (was) to run on my older computer

My only resort is to turn it to 800x600... I just don't understand why i leave for 2 weeks avg over 20 FPS and after update Its so bad its unplayable

After some more testing i found after about 10 minutes of WF being up, and playing one match, It shows the memory usage of WarFrame.exe to be 1,345,987K

Other games which are just as graphic maybe even more so then WF use about half that.

I Cannot play anymore. i guess thats a wasted $100 +/- and Time spent

Well its a shame the devs don't look at it that way or else it would already be fixed. 

Performance fixes and optimizations do not equal platinum buys so... it gets pushed to later and later dates.

However, enabling people to continute playing and therefore continue buying platinum, does equal platinum buys.

OK so i tried the trick from another thread which said the cause of the major FPS drop was from carrier sentinel.

I just jumped into a match with and without the carrier on.

With Carrier: 7~9 FPS

Without Carrier: 15~20 FPS

Removing carrier raised my FPS by double.

EDIT: OH and it dropped the amount of memory used a good bit also.

Edited by AngelOfAnarchy