Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested 'mini-Boss': Tenno Operative Team

-Upgreid-

The Infested Operative Team would be a powerful adversary, much like the Stalker in nature but far less predictable.

They would be a squad of Infested Warframes (Ideally, Zephyr, Oberon, Saryn, and Volt) that would grant you a mark after 6 infested missions (they want to assimilate you and will seek you out). They would only appear in Infested tilesets (Invasions, the Derelicts, and wherever the Infested make a permanent return). They would drop the parts to an infested weapon or exclusive mod of some sort.

Codex Entry: Infested Zephyr

A graceful figher, this Zephyr's battle ended suddenly when her entire squad was downed by Phorid. Unable to escape, her flight capabilities became an asset to the Infested, making her a unique opponent. Screaming her pain from above, she will fly up and dive into the ground violently, damaging friend and foe alike. Beware her powerful shockwave. Put her out of her misery.

-The Lotus

Codex Entry: Infested Volt

The intelligent Infested Volt warframe is extremely dangerous. Agile, fast, and just as quick-witted, his skills were not enough to save him from a disastrous encounter with the Phorid. His intelligence is now a part of the Infested horde. He can allow his squadmates and other infested to speed across large areas in a short period of time, and his Overload ability deals devastating damage to shields, temporarily crippling his enemies. He deserves an honorable death. Cleanse him.

-The Lotus

Codex Entry: Infested Saryn

Once a loyal Tenno, she was captured by the Phorid and brought into the Infested ranks among their elite. Her poisonous attacks make her a formidable adversary. Still feeling parts of her personality, she will attack Infested as well as her intended targets. In the past she was a great warrior. Show her mercy and end her agony.

-The Lotus

Codex Entry: Infested Oberon

A noble warrior, Oberon once fought for peace and balance throughout the Origin System. His fight came to an end when he was captured by Phorid. The last to go down and the leader of his squad, he still harbors memories of watching his friends and comrades go down and slowly succumb to the Infestation before falling victim to it himself. His attacks consist of carpets of toxic infested mass that do damage over time. He can also heal his teammates and other Infested. Stay alert, he may be the most powerful of all.

-The Lotus

and, once all the Infested Tenno are scanned, a final entry:

Codex Entry: Infested Operative Team

I watched in horror as I saw them fall, one by one, to the Phorid's claws. I heard his terrible scream. I smelled the stench of rotting flesh as he turned to face me. I tasted the blood in my mouth as we fought, and felt his terrible claws.

Then I felt nothing.

These Tenno would use select abilities in combat along with specific weapons:

Zephyr: Tailwind and Dive-bomb, Scoliac

Volt: Speed and Overload, Dual Ichor

Saryn: Venom and Contagion, Mire

Oberon: Hallowed Ground and Renewal, Infested Hate

They would appear, all four of them at once, to a player. They would cooperate with stalker-like AI, but shuffling around for the most part like Ancients. One of their arms would be hanging down while their frame and helmets would be covered in Infested biomass.

Their screams would sound somewhere between a human scream of pain, the scream of an ancient, and for lack of a better description, the squeal of a pig.

When they appear, the following dialogue would occur:

Lotus: There is a powerful presence here, Tenno. You are not alone here, watch your back.

Oberon: 'The Infestation calls for you to join us, Tenno... Run...'

Lotus: Judging from the transmission that was one of the members of the squad destroyed by Phorid. They do not want to fight but the infestation controls them.

Oberon: 'Tell... The Lotus... We failed...'

Lotus: I am sorry but you have no choice Tenno. Put an end to their suffering.

A radial disarm would occur when they appear, preventing you from using guns and forcing you to melee for the duration of the fight (obviously once Melee 2.0 is implemented). The Infested would rise and face an opponent. They would then say a taunt along the lines of 'We seek <player name>.' This would the the player whose mark is consumed.

As they fight, Oberon would say 'Run... while you can...'

When one is downed, the Oberon would appear and say something along the lines of 'Now he/she is at peace...'

When the last one falls, the Oberon appears over the comm and says 'Thank you... Tenno...'

The Lotus would then appear and say 'You have won a great victory against the Infestation but at a terrible cost. Let this serve as a warning, Tenno'.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Questions?

I'd be happy with all four!

-UpgradeInProgress, aka Upgrade

Edited by UpgradeInProgress